BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2012 8:13 am  #1

Unaired Pilot on Youtube

I've just realised, we have a wide array of videos posted on here already, yet not the one thing that people ask about!

There's the first 2 parts, you can follow on to see all 6 parts.

Last edited by kazza474 (March 4, 2012 8:14 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 4, 2012 8:15 am  #2

Re: Unaired Pilot on Youtube

Sherlock talks so slow during the deductions, lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 4, 2012 8:44 am  #3

Its on the disc if you by series 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 4, 2012 7:13 pm  #4

drummerchickSH wrote:

Its on the disc if you by series 1

I own the series 1 DVDs but in the Spanish edition, and there are no extras... only the three episodes, with Spanish and English audio and subtitles, but no pilot nor behind the scenes stuff... does anyone know which edition should I buy to get the pilot? The British one? Maybe in Amazon?
Thanks in advance... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 4, 2012 7:18 pm  #5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 4, 2012 7:21 pm  #6

Thanks so much!! 
I think i will also buy series two, they're really at a good price 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 4, 2012 7:25 pm  #7

One more question, if it's not too much to ask... does this edition bring the audiocomentary? And subtitles? It's ok if they're only in English, but without subtitles I miss some things...

Edit: Don't worry, I have seen the description below, sorry for the double post ;)

Last edited by Irene_Adler (March 4, 2012 7:29 pm)

March 4, 2012 7:31 pm  #8

Yes, the episodes (and the pilot) come with English subtitles, the audio commentaries don't have any. But you can find scripts of them on the internet. The "Making Of" comes with st as well.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 4, 2012 8:00 pm  #9

tobeornot221b wrote:

Yes, the episodes (and the pilot) come with English subtitles, the audio commentaries don't have any. But you can find scripts of them on the internet. The "Making Of" comes with st as well.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to watch the unaired pilot. About the commentaries... I'll do my best! I usually understand British accent better than American, but you never know... sometimes Benedict speaks sooooooooo fast lol 

March 4, 2012 9:12 pm  #10

The unaired pilot is so random its hardly like the first one at all :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 4, 2012 9:52 pm  #11

The unaired pilot is a bit like slipping into an alternative universe at times. Hair, clothing, actors etc. A bit weird really.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 5, 2012 5:03 am  #12

I've posted the scripts for most of the episodes in their relevant threads on here.

The unaired pilot was only 60 minutes long, BBC said they loved the show but wanted 90 minutes. Some actors and locations were unavailable to make extra scenes so they just re-shot the whole show & rewrote some scenes. Took some out and popped some in.
By the time they were realising HOW good the show was going to be, they decided it was time to 'make Sherlock more special', give him a 'genius make-over'.
Gone were the jeans, and scruffy attire; show how 'special' he was by making it ok that he didn't wear forensic overalls; spend time introducing Mycroft into the thick of things and of course, spiff up Baker street so it looked more like the traditional 221B.
I think comparing both shows gives you much more understanding to what Moftiss have created Sherlock into.
And comparing those 2 versions to the original 'Study in Scarlet' adds a new dimension also.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 5, 2012 7:38 am  #13

Agreed! And Anderson's ghastly beard went too! lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 5, 2012 7:42 am  #14

Yeah that was vile, although he doesn't look any better without it really. Just a bit younger and geekier.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 5, 2012 7:50 am  #15

Here's what they say in the commentary about the beard:

Jonathan Aris, who plays Anderson, had a beard in the pilot episode. They made him get rid of it because a focus group watching the pilot thought that he was going to turn out to be a baddie because, they said, he was clearly wearing a false beard. It was actually real!
Mark laughs at the idea that “people still think that [a beard] means baddie! He also had a cape, and a big hat!" 
“Yeah, and a sinister laugh and a little fizzing bomb in his hand!"  says Steven.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 5, 2012 8:24 am  #16

Anderson looks better with a beard LOL XD

What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 5, 2012 8:29 am  #17

I just think he is creepy either way.
He looks like a spaced out junkie without the beard, although he looks more like an axe murderer with the beard.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 5, 2012 8:37 am  #18

Either way he lowers the IQ of the whole street.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 5, 2012 10:30 am  #19

Well, I ordered the DVDs of the two series last night. I'll let you know when I get them.
And by the way, I'll probably ask you for help to get some things of the commentaries, without subtitles I'm sure I will miss a lot of things 

March 5, 2012 11:42 am  #20

HA HA! Turn around Anderson! Seriously don't know what Donovan sees in him! Or his wife for that matter.
Anderson: She was German. Rache, the German for revenge.
Sherlock: Thank you for your input! (Shuts door in his face).

Board footera