BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2014 7:22 am  #1

[Spoiler] Is there another guy watching Sherlock falling down?

After watching TEH I still wonder this. Moriarty was so powerful then why did he sent ONLY 3 killers for this final act? And who was the observer that informed about if Sherlock had jumped or not? Then how can Holmes brothers ignored that person and kept acting to fool John?
We can see in the third explanation that Mycroft arranged to kill the killer right after but since TRF, I've noticed that the killer stopped aiming and put down the gun, which means somebody must have seen Sherlock falling and informed his accomplices about it.

Whether the third explanation is the truth or a joke, this still confuses me. Any idea?

(His voice said "8 so far" in my head, haha.)

January 2, 2014 7:57 am  #2

Re: [Spoiler] Is there another guy watching Sherlock falling down?

My thoughts exactly. This would be a major plot hole if the blue cushion theory was the true solution. But I give Mofftiss some credit and say that it wasn't the solution, but just a story Sherlock told Anderson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

January 2, 2014 8:30 am  #3

I'm not even sure Sherlock was telling the story. I think Anderson was delusional.

I've moved this thread to TEH forum

Last edited by Wholocked (January 2, 2014 8:31 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 2, 2014 9:16 am  #4

Wholocked wrote:

I'm not even sure Sherlock was telling the story. I think Anderson was delusional.

I've moved this thread to TEH forum

And I'm not even sure what that all white thing appeared and disappeared was all about. Seems like it was John's memory?

At first I attended to post this on TEH forum but I thought it wasn't related to this episode so much. Thank you.

January 2, 2014 5:56 pm  #5

kuma wrote:

After watching TEH I still wonder this. Moriarty was so powerful then why did he sent ONLY 3 killers for this final act? And who was the observer that informed about if Sherlock had jumped or not? Then how can Holmes brothers ignored that person and kept acting to fool John?
We can see in the third explanation that Mycroft arranged to kill the killer right after but since TRF, I've noticed that the killer stopped aiming and put down the gun, which means somebody must have seen Sherlock falling and informed his accomplices about it.

Whether the third explanation is the truth or a joke, this still confuses me. Any idea?

(His voice said "8 so far" in my head, haha.)

John's assasin would have seen Sherlock fall and so would have informed the others if necessary.

However, how did the assasin know that John would decide to go to the Hospital at that point? Another hole in the Anderson theory?

January 2, 2014 7:01 pm  #6

I always assumed John's assassin saw the same thing as John (Sherlock falling) and put down his gun because he never imagined that the whole thing could be a trickery. 

Just like old times...

January 2, 2014 7:02 pm  #7

Swanpride wrote:

Easy to predict if you do your homework. Naturally John would come back as soon as he realized that he had been lured away. There was no need to chase after him.

But that only applies if the assasin knew that John had been lured away.

January 2, 2014 9:04 pm  #8

According to The Final Problem it was Moriarty luring Watson away. And Holmes knew immediately that it was a hoax. So I wasl assuming that it´s the same in TRF.

January 2, 2014 9:12 pm  #9

anjaH_alias wrote:

According to The Final Problem it was Moriarty luring Watson away. And Holmes knew immediately that it was a hoax. So I wasl assuming that it´s the same in TRF.

Yeah, damn, that's another thing we're not getting an explanation for. Who was behind the phone call?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 2, 2014 9:14 pm  #10

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

Yeah, damn, that's another thing we're not getting an explanation for. Who was behind the phone call?

As Sherlock did not seem phased by the news I assumed that it was he who arranged it

January 2, 2014 9:22 pm  #11

I also thought that in the beginning. But after reading The Final Problem I´ve changed my mind. It fits that way as well as the other. Or even better concerning the assassin and his knowledge of John coming back.

January 2, 2014 9:26 pm  #12

Why then would Sherlock not be phased about such news concerning one of the only 3 people he cared for.

Which brings about another question; why are Sherlocks parents not included in the ones he cares for?

Last edited by shylock (January 2, 2014 9:28 pm)

January 2, 2014 9:33 pm  #13

shylock wrote:

Why then would Sherlock not be phased about such news concerning one of the only 3 people he cared for.

Because he knew immediately that the phone call was a hoax. Like in the Final Problem John was lured away.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 2, 2014 9:34 pm)

January 3, 2014 6:09 pm  #14

anjaH_alias wrote:

I thought it was Sherlock that arranged the phone call. Everything would be much clearer if Moriarty arranged and lured John.

January 4, 2014 12:14 pm  #15

shylock wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

As Sherlock did not seem phased by the news I assumed that it was he who arranged it

Moriarty was, he wanted to be alone with Sherlock.

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

Board footera