BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 1, 2014 11:18 pm  #1

Music

As soon as this song came on i nearly feel out of my chair. I'd never heard it before but it just so happens that my name is Yolanda so I was just like "Oh My God!!!!!!!" except quietly and in my head... 

Last edited by Molly Hooper (January 1, 2014 11:18 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 1, 2014 11:25 pm  #2

Re: Music

Thank you, Molly!

And: Welcome back! So nice to see you!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 1, 2014 11:26 pm  #3

You too, Mattlocked, I've missed this!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 2, 2014 1:37 pm  #4

In general I thought the music for the episoe was outstanding!  I especially like the pounding music played during the first "false" fall explination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 2, 2014 11:10 pm  #5

tonnaree wrote:

In general I thought the music for the episoe was outstanding!  I especially like the pounding music played during the first "false" fall explination.

Yeah, me too. Does anyone know what that was?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 3, 2014 2:53 am  #6

Yes, absolutely agree the music was terrific!  Especially during the first explanation at the beginning as well as the Latin background music in the restaurant.  I also liked hearing the main themes from the previous series again, too.  For me, the score was one of the best things about the whole episode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 3, 2014 9:12 am  #7

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Yeah, me too. Does anyone know what that was?

It's the first track on the Series 3 cd (coming out later this month).  Previews are available.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 3, 2014 5:51 pm  #8

I particularly loved the rather soft theme which played while Sherlock deduced Mary (after John bloodied his nose) as well as the echo of his composition when John enters the hall of 221B.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

January 3, 2014 10:49 pm  #9

I immediately loved the scoring. Especially for the first troll theory. Liked the electronic feel that accentuated the fast pacing of the plot. 

January 3, 2014 11:07 pm  #10

Music, one word: brilliant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2014 2:48 pm  #11

After I found a translation of this song I started wondering whether they used it purposely on that scene...

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 4, 2014 2:53 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

Music, one word: brilliant.

Brilliant indeed! 

-------------------------------------------------------

January 4, 2014 2:54 pm  #13

Deilenn wrote:

After I found a translation of this song I started wondering whether they used it purposely on that scene...

Ooooh! What's the translation? 

January 4, 2014 3:18 pm  #14

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I found it here: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/donde-estas-yolanda-where-are-you-yolanda.html

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 4, 2014 3:28 pm  #15

I've been looking for that song! Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 4, 2014 3:31 pm  #16

Deilenn wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I found it here: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/donde-estas-yolanda-where-are-you-yolanda.html

Haha! Yeah, that can't be coincidence, they must've chosen it deliberately 

January 4, 2014 5:04 pm  #17

The music in the first theory....when Sherlock leans in to kiss Molly it almost sounds like a version of the main theme, the one that plays in the credits...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 4, 2014 8:38 pm  #18

Rewatching I was struck by the music played for the introduction of Mary, as she's walking down the stairs to John.  Just lovely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 4, 2014 10:52 pm  #19

You know I didn't even notice the music. Which means it was very well chosen. I usually only consciously notice the music in shows if they jar with the scene. I'll have to pay attention when I watch it next (next? Well of course there's a next!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 16, 2014 11:23 pm  #20

I am delighted andh ave to say the music of series three was one massive (and awesome) surprise.

I loved the music before but this time they entered a whole new level, daring, bold, and above all, spot on.

And they even fitted Dubstep in!  Yes, it was on the fan's whish list but this fulfilment made me very happy

Board footera