BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2013 10:29 pm  #1

Is there already an "Obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch" thread?

The reason why I ask for it is because I just discovered that I went to the cinema 5 times this year... and all films I watched were with Mr. Cumberbatch! And with the first (StarTrek Into darkness) and the second (The fifth estate) I wasn't even aware about this fact. Because I was just interested in the films not in the actors. Okay... changed after listening to HIS VOICE in the second film.
After this I watched The fifth estate in the dubbed version... well and the Hobbit in the dubbed and in the original version. Have to mention that I had also chosen the Hobbit pre Benedict. But it has even become more interesting... also because I realised Martin's role in it.
It's a little bit difficult to express in English what I mean. Hope it's understandable. I find this... some kind of strange... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 30, 2013 7:50 am  #2

Re: Is there already an "Obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch" thread?

I think the picture thread sort of proves this obsession but now that you mention it … I watched STID three times at the cinema (twice in English, once dubbed), The Fifth Estate once in each version and The Desolation of Smaug sadly only in German. Not to mention all the DVDs here on my shelf. And the audiobooks. And the two Alan Turing books. And the one about Assange ... 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2013 1:17 pm  #3

I really don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, ladies. Obsessed? Come on, seriously, think this through logically, we don't need a thread like this one, nobody here is obsessed! Not obsessed with "Sherlock", not obsessed with Martin Freeman and certainly not obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch...! Pfffff, ridiculous, just utterly, utterly ridiculous!

Obsessed... really. And now leave me alone, I urgently need to sit down now and watch some films... starting with "STID", followd by "Third Star" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", and then, if time allows, I really need to watch "Parade's End" once again...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 30, 2013 1:44 pm  #4

I'm glad... that I'm not crazy as you are. Apart from... searching the Internet today for....Benedict contents.... from my wake up until now. LOST CONTROL!!!!!! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 30, 2013 1:45 pm  #5

I freely admit to being utterly obsessed, but I am also heavily medicated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 30, 2013 2:00 pm  #6

There's only one medication for this kind of sickness: even more of him.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 30, 2013 3:02 pm  #7

And the worst thing is... it's so easy to get obsessed nowadays. Remembering my first die hard fanship back in the 80s of the "last century"... I had to wait that there is something on TV or in the magazines. I had to leave the house to go into shops for buying records, later CDs, and videotapes and had to hope that I could get everything anyway. To get contact to other fans I had to send handwritten letters and wait for response... for days or even for weeks if they were from abroad.
And now I go into the Internet and BANG!!!! Overload of information, pics, films, shopping possibilities and contacts. Hey that's good... or as John would say "Amazing"!
But to calm down and concentrate on other things are more difficult. Even when you're "on the road"... there still is a smartphone.
Oh hell...

(Tony Hadley)

December 30, 2013 3:09 pm  #8

gently69 wrote:

And the worst thing is... it's so easy to get obsessed nowadays. Remembering my first die hard fanship back in the 80s of the "last century"... I had to wait that there is something on TV or in the magazines. I had to leave the house to go into shops for buying records, later CDs, and videotapes and had to hope that I could get everything anyway. To get contact to other fans I had to send handwritten letters and wait for response... for days or even for weeks if they were from abroad.
And now I go into the Internet and BANG!!!! Overload of information, pics, films, shopping possibilities and contacts. Hey that's good... or as John would say "Amazing"!
But to calm down and concentrate on other things are more difficult. Even when you're "on the road"... there still is a smartphone.
Oh hell...

Oh yea.  Technology is both a blessing and a curse to the fangirl.   I remember my obsessions in the 70's.  Begging my mom to buy me the latest teen magazines.  Calling my BFF hysterical when one of our idols was on TV so that she wouldn't miss it.

Now I can comfortably fangirl myself half to death without ever leaving my bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 30, 2013 3:17 pm  #9

tonnaree wrote:

Now I can comfortably fangirl myself half to death without ever leaving my bed.

Brilliant. All that matters in one sentence.

Last edited by gently69 (December 30, 2013 3:17 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

December 30, 2013 3:34 pm  #10

SolarSystem wrote:

There's only one medication for this kind of sickness: even more of him.

Woot woot! 

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera