BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2013 8:03 am  #1

Jamie from Taipei, Taiwan

Hello. My name is Jamie and I'm from Taipei, Taiwan. 
I first became interested in Sherlock Holmes in 2011 when SH:AGoS came out. Then I read the Canon, watched BBC Sherlock and became obsessed. Obsessions are my division: I have Asperger's Syndrome and relate quite strongly to Sherlock.
Currently I am preparing myself for the role of Sherlock in my school play. I wrote the script myself and it's an adaptation of ACD's A Scandal in Bohemia.
When I first became aware of BBC Sherlock, I was admittedly quite skeptical. Benedict's face wasn't what I expected and the entire series just seemed too modern for my liking. I watched the first series and thought it was quite good. Then I started the second series and fell for the plot, the intelligence (rarely seen in TV series nowadays) and the character portrayals. A Scandal in Belgravia is currently my favorite episode.

A little more about myself: I'm 17 years old and in high school. I'm female but I don't necessarily identify as a girl/woman. I am largely asexual. I am obsessed with Sherlock Holmes, acting, music, biology, neuroscience, and medicine. I play the violin, piano, and the guitar. I am a scout. I ship Johnlock. If there are any WrongPlanet people around you might recognize me (wink, wink).

Cheers
Jamie

December 28, 2013 8:28 am  #2

Re: Jamie from Taipei, Taiwan

Welcome, Jamie! I've myself just arrived here on Christmas day, so it's a bit presumptuous of me to be the first to greet you, but I'm sure the other longer dwelling members will be around shortly. Welcome and have fun!

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 28, 2013 8:40 am  #3

Right, kete, welcome here, Jamie! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 28, 2013 9:26 am  #4

Welcome, Jamie, and thank you for your open-hearted introduction.

There is one thing you should know about this forum: We agreed to keep the forum as spoiler free as possible. That means, if you want to post pictures or comments based on series 3, please only do so in the threads that already have a spoiler warning, or attach such a warning if you open a new thread about it. Thank you for keeping that in mind, it's only for a few more days now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 28, 2013 9:47 am  #5

Hi Jamie,

great to have you on this forum! I hope you have lots of fun here :-). As you already wrote a Sherlock screenplay - do you write fanfiction, too?

The Game is On!

December 28, 2013 10:23 am  #6

Speaing of fanfiction...I should, but I'm more of a massive consumer of fanfics...
I'll give that a go...

December 28, 2013 11:11 am  #7

Welcome, Jamie, nice to have you here. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 28, 2013 5:33 pm  #8

Welcome to Jamie .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

December 28, 2013 11:18 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum Jamie. I hope you find a home from home here. The next series will be awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 30, 2013 10:51 pm  #10

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by Bronte89 (December 30, 2013 10:52 pm)

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera