BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 26, 2013 9:30 am  #1

SPOILER! S3 Soundtrack Sample

It sounds devastating. Don't know if I can listen to it again.

Here's a sample of the last track of "His Last Vow" with a link to the source where apparently one can hear all the soundtracks (doesn't work for me though).

http://cumberbum.tumblr.com/post/71155041704/fyi-this-is-the-preview-of-the-last-track-on-the

Why can't we have a season where nothing tragic happens? *sob* I just want them to be happy.

Last edited by kete (December 26, 2013 9:30 am)

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 26, 2013 11:39 am  #2

Re: SPOILER! S3 Soundtrack Sample

Oh, no. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2013 12:09 pm  #3

Take my heart.  Just take it now and do with it as you will Moftiss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 26, 2013 12:12 pm  #4

I'm fearing for Maries life. Though it would be a pity to kill her off so quickly, I want her around for another season or so. 

December 26, 2013 12:20 pm  #5

If only the sample made me cry already, what will the episode do to me?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 26, 2013 12:27 pm  #6

Oh damn...*tears* What's going to happen in the episode that inspired THAT heartbreaking music???  *sniffles*

-------------------------------------------------------

December 26, 2013 12:35 pm  #7

Yes, I'm afraid Mary's going to bite it. No idea why and how, but in ACD canon she died while SH was away and she's the only one who is, in a way, expendable.

December 26, 2013 3:33 pm  #8

Listened to all of the samples on iTunes (if you aren't in the UK, just switch your store to the UK store and you can listen to them).

My impression:

Seems like there is definitely more of a 'movie' feel, with many of the tracks either expressing fast action or sweeping sorrow.  Nothing like the quaint humor or understated action sequences of the last two soundtracks.  Many of the new tracks have a lot of tension and build up, and the addition of the rock elements really amps up the intensity.  Very dramatic and hard hitting.

In closing, I absolutely cannot WAIT to see what is in store for us :D

Last edited by sj4iy (December 26, 2013 4:27 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 26, 2013 4:54 pm  #9

I'm only at the third one right now and so far..... didn't like it. So ?artifical?
But maybe it's just because it is quite unusual. I will go on until I reach 23 now.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 26, 2013 5:03 pm  #10

I don't like TEH 1 and 2. Some of the others are quite beautiful. The music is different this time but I suppose they wanted to go for something new. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 26, 2013 5:06 pm  #11

I agree. It's just the first which doesn't do it for me. Right now. Without pictures.
7 is thrilling....
Which one might be the reunion?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 26, 2013 6:33 pm  #12

Oh dear, now it works for me, too!

TEH 1 is Sherlock running all over the Balkans with bullets flying everywhere
TEH 2 is a shot of John in bed, can't sleep because he's had a nightmare of Sherlock's fall
TEH 3 is him and Mary visiting Sherlock's grave
TEH 4 is Sherlock coming back, seeing 221B again
TEH 5-7 no idea, case related?
TEH 8 the big reveal: how and why, with flash backs

God, I'll never make it through this....

December 26, 2013 6:44 pm  #13

kete wrote:

Oh dear, now it works for me, too!

TEH 1 is Sherlock running all over the Balkans with bullets flying everywhere
TEH 2 is a shot of John in bed, can't sleep because he's had a nightmare of Sherlock's fall
TEH 3 is him and Mary visiting Sherlock's grave
TEH 4 is Sherlock coming back, seeing 221B again
TEH 5-7 no idea, case related?
TEH 8 the big reveal: how and why, with flash backs

God, I'll never make it through this.... 

TEH 7 is the motorbike scene cut with the scenes of John in trouble in the bonfire.  Hence the back and forth way it goes from John's theme (which has a perilous quality to it) to what sounds like a remixed version of Sherlock's Theme with more urgency and danger add to it.

Last edited by sj4iy (December 27, 2013 5:03 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 26, 2013 7:10 pm  #14

TSoT 6 is the wedding thing, methinks

HLV 7 what could be this water dripping thing?

Overall it's quite dark and sad and makes me roll into a fetal ball.

December 26, 2013 10:36 pm  #15

I just finished listening to all the sample tracks...I'm a trembling, full of emotion mess *tears* . I wasn't a fan of all the music, but most of it...wow, just...wow! Especially the samples from HLV; 4,5,6,7 and 8.
Cannot wait for the new series!!!!!! *squee*

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (December 26, 2013 10:36 pm)

December 26, 2013 10:39 pm  #16

The last track of HLV doesn't sound good, that's for sure... what are they going to do to us - again??

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 26, 2013 10:47 pm  #17

SolarSystem wrote:

The last track of HLV doesn't sound good, that's for sure... what are they going to do to us - again??

There is really only thing that could inspire music that tragic sounding....something horrible is going to happen to somebody 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (December 26, 2013 10:48 pm)

December 26, 2013 10:57 pm  #18

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

There is really only thing that could inspire music that tragic sounding....something horrible is going to happen to somebody 

Seems only logical. And I guess that we all expect something like that to happen, especially after Moffat and Gatiss said that the ending of series 3 would be even worse than TRF. It just really makes me wonder... what will they do now? Can it really get any worse than TRF?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 26, 2013 11:01 pm  #19

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Seems only logical. And I guess that we all expect something like that to happen, especially after Moffat and Gatiss said that the ending of series 3 would be even worse than TRF. It just really makes me wonder... what will they do now? Can it really get any worse than TRF?

Yes. A beloved character could actually die 

December 26, 2013 11:16 pm  #20

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Yes. A beloved character could actually die 

I have to admit, for me it would only be as bad as TRF (or worse) if either Sherlock or John died. Someone like Lestrade, Mycroft or Molly would be a sad thing, too, but it definitely wouldn't have as bad an impact on me as TRF did. And I can't imagine that they will kill off Sherlock or John - and seriously, if they want us to believe that one of them is dead when in truth he really isn't, they'll have to come up with something quite good... I don't want an ending that smells like TRF. 

Board footera