BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2013 3:55 pm  #41

Re: The Imitation Game

Not really new, but I don't think we've seen pics with Ben and Keira yet, haven't we?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cetDMJo_kl8/UkB8Qv3U5zI/AAAAAAAAwUY/j5gEuBPr51o/s1600/image.jpg

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 27, 2013 5:43 am  #42

Fabulous.
She looks great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 27, 2013 6:39 am  #43

I watched a documentation on YT in which the real Joan Clarke talked about her friendship with Alan. It was very moving. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 27, 2013 3:20 pm  #44

Looking very promising so far! Can't wait to see this film.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

October 25, 2013 9:27 pm  #45

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 25, 2013 9:29 pm  #46

I could have seen it in real life, if I'd realised what they were filming at Kings X, when I strolled past and admired the set!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 25, 2013 9:33 pm  #47

I would have loved to be there. I saw a pic of the platform and the old-fashioned train and it looked like Harry Potter going to Hogwarts. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 25, 2013 9:34 pm  #48

The train was gorgeous, the extras in costume  and the props...I just wonderd who folks were taking photos of!

October 25, 2013 10:11 pm  #49

A shame you did not see him in person. 

October 25, 2013 10:19 pm  #50

I know, to borrow from Martin, I am such a dufus.
Even my husband saying: 'why are there people wandering around in WWII costumes?' still didn't make me think!
I saw but didn't observe...

November 4, 2013 7:08 pm  #51

Wanna see Alan Turing walk across the street?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgGNxyvHJ8E

November 8, 2013 4:39 pm  #52

Here are some interesting pics from filming in London.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-pictures-star-cycles-2691910

December 24, 2013 11:42 am  #53

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 24, 2013 12:36 pm  #54

Thank you for posting, Mattlocked. This is good news although I would wish that all men convicted would be pardoned. Alan Turing may deserve much more recognition because of what he did during the war and his contributions to science but to pardon him because of this is unfair towards all other men who suffered the same treatment. But the reason why this poses (financial) problems is explained in the article. 

December 24, 2013 1:54 pm  #55

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you for posting, Mattlocked. This is good news although I would wish that all men convicted would be pardoned. Alan Turing may deserve much more recognition because of what he did during the war and his contributions to science but to pardon him because of this is unfair towards all other men who suffered the same treatment. But the reason why this poses (financial) problems is explained in the article. 

Spot on Susi.    Turning did not desreve to be pardoned because of his contributions to science, he deserved it because he is a human being and it was an inhuman law.  I do hope that this will lead to pardons for all that were unfairly convicted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 24, 2013 10:51 pm  #56

December 25, 2013 11:09 am  #57

I just love it. Nice Christmas present for me. 

December 25, 2013 2:32 pm  #58

Nice braces.  eh Susi?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 25, 2013 6:37 pm  #59

tonnaree wrote:

Nice braces.  eh Susi?

Oh. God. Yes. 

These guys know exactly what makes me happy. 

December 25, 2013 9:18 pm  #60

SusiGo wrote:

I just love it. Nice Christmas present for me. 

Oh, I love it, too! I can't wait to see this movie!

Board footera