BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2012 7:16 am  #1

Commentary from the DVD & transcript

I've finally found a link for you all if you want to download the commentary by Benedict, Martin & Mark.

http://deardarkness.tumblr.com/post/1030862788/the-audio-of-the-great-game-commentary-with

I have also found a rough transcript of it for those who wish it.

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/7064.html

You can set up the commentary in line with the video and off you go to learn more!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 3, 2012 9:28 pm  #2

Re: Commentary from the DVD & transcript

I couldn't get "Part One" of the commentary to unzip, for some reason...Did it work OK for you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 3, 2012 10:58 pm  #3

Yeah, hmm. I am sure I saw something about it somewhere in regards to how to make it work if it doesn't, I will try & remember.
I have no idea how to pass on such a file to someone else online.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 3, 2012 11:06 pm  #4

You could try emailing it to me...would that work? My email address is iamsherlocked2012@aol.co.uk - thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 3, 2012 11:12 pm  #5

Ok, I 'll try

Too big to send that way.
Wasn't there more than one option for downloading?

Last edited by kazza474 (March 3, 2012 11:21 pm)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 3, 2012 11:33 pm  #6

Thought that could be a problem. It might work with YouSendIt: https://www.yousendit.com/

March 3, 2012 11:47 pm  #7

Ok Sent

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 4, 2012 12:27 am  #8

Got it - thanks!

March 4, 2012 12:35 am  #9

Hope it works for you

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 9, 2012 11:54 pm  #10

Over on Ariane DeVere's Livejournal account is an overview of the commentary of the DVD for those who haven't seen it.

A big thanks to Ariane for taking the time to write it up and I think you'll get a feel for how the actors and crew interact and their thoughts upon the show.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 20, 2012 4:43 am  #11

I  loved this!!!    thank you so much for posting.   I  am  hearing impaired.  when I played this,  (I  have the dvd, yes)  they  took off the subtitles (or  did I do that?)   and  just  played the movie with the comments,  which I could not understand.   this  was very  helpful.  thank you!!

SQUEEE!!!   I've gotten up to being the homeless network  instead of being wrong!!!   Squeeee!!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 20, 2012 4:44 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 20, 2012 9:45 am  #12

No, it wasn't you, sherlockskitty. The DVDs don't have subtitles for the audiocommentary. I missed them a lot, I'm not hearing impaired but I'm Spanish, which ends up being something pretty close to hearing impaired when talking about four English people talking almost simultaneously... 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera