BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 4, 2012 5:03 pm  #1

Sherlock Observation game

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/observation.html

It's a timed 'spot the difference' game using several familiar Sherlock scenes. At the end you are rated according to how well you performed. A bit of fun.

edit: The scenes change each time you play

Last edited by JaneCo (May 4, 2012 5:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 4, 2012 5:47 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Observation game

hmm.. I've got John! X3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

May 4, 2012 9:52 pm  #3

Addictive and frustrating in equal measure!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 5, 2012 2:14 am  #4

Wish they had more scenes though.
In only 4 tries I got to this:

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 5, 2012 10:47 am  #5

LOL. I've only tried once so far, but I got Lestrade!!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 7, 2012 6:50 am  #6

My first go I got John, second I got John and on my third go I got Sherlock.

Someone's put quite a bit of effort into those images.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 8, 2012 12:37 pm  #7

I got John :-D They are very difficult especially if you are partially sighted.

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

June 2, 2012 1:28 am  #8

Wow, you guys are good!  I am totally hooked on this game.  First time, I got Lestrade, then Watson, and finally, after several days of playing, Sherlock.  There are still two images for which I can't find the fifth difference and it's driving me nuts.  But--I WILL succeed!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 2, 2012 3:25 am  #9

Been awhile since I played the observation game, but, if I recall correctly, there were six changes in each set of pictures. Did anyone find all six in the scene of Sherlock and John in 221B? I could never find but five (or whatever one less that all of them was).

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 2, 2012 4:39 am  #10

Tantalus: Actually, each picture has just five differences (not six).  Do you mean the picture of Sherlock sitting in the stuffed gray chair with John in the background to the right or the picture where they are both sitting around a coffee table that is cluttered with a computer, a plate of apples and other stuff and Sherlock is holding his violin?  Whichever, yes, I've gotten all five in both of them.  Send me a PM if you want to know what they are--I don't want to reveal them here and potentially spoil the game for someone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2012 2:27 am  #11

Sitting around the coffee table. I'll look again, and if no luck, I'll PM you.

Thanky!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 4, 2012 8:47 pm  #12

Tantalus: Oh, I bet I know which one you're having difficulty finding!  It took me a long time before I got the fifth one in that picture. 

And I'm still trying to find the ones I'm missing in the final two--aarrgghh!!!

June 11, 2012 1:14 am  #13

FINALLY!  I found the final two items I was looking for.  What a relief!  I'd like to thank Tantalus, who by offering to give me hints, encouraged me to keep looking.  I quite enjoyed this game, not just for the pics but for the challenge, too.

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 11, 2012 1:15 am)

Board footera