BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2013 7:20 pm  #281

Re: World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

Yes. Sherlock in two weeks really is the most important thing.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 18, 2013 7:22 pm  #282

Sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to tell on a forum...

Last edited by kittykat (December 18, 2013 7:27 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 18, 2013 10:07 pm  #283

I should be thrilled and happy with upcoming chrismas and Sherlock series 3 nearly there. But to be honest I am very upset at the moment because of those two... don't know how to call it... scandals(?), incidents(?) that recently happend.
I am furious and aghast about the CM incident at the world premiere.
And I am terrified and disappointed about Martins interview. Of course I don't think that he stated his personal opinion and I know, he has a rough humour sometimes and yes, he is a human being and allowed to make mistakes but still... he should have been more careful about what to say in an interview. I just wondered how people, fans who had expierenced some sort of sexial violence in the past may feel now after reading or seeing this interview.

Maybe it's because of the christmas stress or trouble at work that I react so emotional about these but currently I am just very very sad .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 18, 2013 10:26 pm  #284

stoertebeker wrote:

I should be thrilled and happy with upcoming chrismas and Sherlock series 3 nearly there. But to be honest I am very upset at the moment because of those two... don't know how to call it... scandals(?), incidents(?) that recently happend.
I am furious and aghast about the CM incident at the world premiere.
And I am terrified and disappointed about Martins interview. Of course I don't think that he stated his personal opinion and I know, he has a rough humour sometimes and yes, he is a human being and allowed to make mistakes but still... he should have been more careful about what to say in an interview. I just wondered how people, fans who had expierenced some sort of sexial violence in the past may feel now after reading or seeing this interview.

Maybe it's because of the christmas stress or trouble at work that I react so emotional about these but currently I am just very very sad .

*offers hug and cookies* 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 18, 2013 11:33 pm  #285

In regards to the Martin incident...I won't go into details, but speaking as someone who has experience with that kind of horrible trauma, I will say (and this is just my opinion and in no way is intended to belittle anyone elses) that I do not take great offense to what Martin said, yes it was a very bad joke, tasteless (to say the least) and evidence that really one should think before they speak. I understand completely why people would take what he said badly, for good reason. For these reasons though, I am not that upset with him; he obviously wasn't being serious and it clearly isn't his personal opinion, it was clear that he realized when saying it that he made a mistake and didn't subsequently try to justify it, no one is perfect, unless someone says something and means it as a serious thing it shouldn't be taken seriously and it's best to let it go, he deserves to be forgiven for the mistake because like I said above - he wasn't being serious and must be under a lot of stress for obvious reasons. I would say all  that about anyone really, celebrity or not, although it does strongly depend on the circumstances. Really, it can't help to dwell on a mistake someone else has made, especially when you believe them to be a good person. Overall, I think it's time to move on and focus on Sherlockian goodness, better to put positive energy out there in the universe than negative. 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (December 18, 2013 11:33 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

December 19, 2013 10:30 am  #286

I got the impression that Mr Freeman talked about a fantasy and was joking. He got carried away with his imagination. Maybe he mixed The Hobbit fanworld and the Sherlock fanworld in his mind. Read carefully what he said.
He possibly remembered that Sherlock was in fact the one who drugged (or thought ) that he drugged John to see his reaction.  Perhaps we will see this interview in another light the next year.

I don't think that joking about rape is appropriate. It is wrong and hurts when done by men without thinking.
But he didn't do it while talking about a real victim. He is as much as we know him a person who likes to play with words and who knows how to make fun of the interviewer.
And let's be fair. The woman who asked the questions started the sexual innuendo with the questions and went even further when she got personal and asked about a ladder.
That's what the press always does: They provoke and imply sexual subtext. 

And remember that fans are really eager to read not only subtext to solve the "Sherlock" case but interpret every word "the boys" say in a sexual context. Even when there is none.
We should also be aware what fans always do to them when they imply sexual innuendo. Imagine being an actress playing Joan Watson who must live with sexual fantasies of her fans. I don't need to tell you that there are fanfiction called noncon about rape, do I?

What I am trying to say is that we shouldn't apply double standards for fans, press and actors. Take a step back and look at things from all perspectives.

Last edited by Be (December 19, 2013 12:57 pm)

December 19, 2013 11:43 am  #287

BBC One tweeted that Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington will be on The One Show tonight.
I expect that U.K. people will hear a comment about these two incidents. And more important, about Sherlock Series 3.

Can anyone watch and tell the rest of the world tomorrow?

Last edited by Be (December 19, 2013 11:44 am)

December 19, 2013 4:48 pm  #288

Yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 19, 2013 4:52 pm  #289

Oops, just opened a thread concerning their appearance there tonight. I am certainly going to watch it.
And I'm making a wild guess it will all be about the upcoming series of we-all-know-what.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 19, 2013 5:31 pm  #290

Ooh, good timing about the One Show; I just got home! ^^

Will be watching later 

Board footera