BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 12, 2013 3:55 pm  #1

Empty Hearse info in UK TV guides - possible spoilers

Okay, I did my weekly shopping trip today and picked up a few magazines after seeing that they had information on Series 3, primarily The Empty Hearse. And because I love you guys so much I'm going to share it ^^

I don't have a scanner and there's no way I'm going to type out every word, but I'll make summaries and point out anything new as well 

TV Times

Photo - Sherlock and John outside 221B from 30 pictures collection, Sherlock wearing deerstalker ^^

Quote from Ben - solution to fall is "ingenious, witty, and everything it should be." 

Reunion hopefully lives up to expectations, was "hellishly fun" according to Ben. Poor Martin was apparently ill and trying not to sneeze everywhere XD

They still very much enjoy working together ^^

Ben - Sherlock progresses, becoming more human. He would be fascinated to meet Sherlock but doesn't think Sherlock would give him time of day 

John is trying to move on and seems stable enough. Martin enjoys working with Amanda ^^

Stories are intriguing and exciting, also complex.

They both want to continue with the show as long as they can even with the increased demand for them.

Reunion is "absolutely gorgeous" but doesn't go to plan. Also stuff about new villain, whom we should already know 

Also, for the reunion, Sherlock tries to be funny but it doesn't go well XD

Last edited by kittykat (December 12, 2013 3:55 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 12, 2013 4:00 pm  #2

Re: Empty Hearse info in UK TV guides - possible spoilers

TV and Satellite Week

Photo - from 30 pictures collection, group standing in front of mirror in 221B

Empty Hearse full of "outlandish twists and turns".

John was, and I quote, "left heartbroken" by Sherlock's fall. Too many feels  Mixed reactions when Sherlock appears. Reunion was beautifully written according to Ben ^^

Mention of impending terrorist threat and new villain.

Sherlock is "continually being challenged by what it is to be human while trying to achieve god-like status".

John is now a GP and Mary is his receptionist. She is described as "spirited". 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 12, 2013 4:04 pm  #3

Total TV Guide

Photo - official photo of John in cafe with Sherlock watching him through window

Martin is looking forward to the reveal because people keep asking him XD

Viewers won't feel cheated by solution to fall or reunion.

Moriarty is definitely dead, replaced by new villain

Moftiss describe reunion as "hair-on-the-back-of-the-neck gorgeous".

We will see ongoing humanisation of Sherlock. He learns something in this series, something huge which changes him.

December 12, 2013 4:07 pm  #4

And that's it. I did pick up the Radio Times, but I know the interview with Ben was already posted so I won't do that. But there is a little bit in the listings which says Empty Hearse is "playful, funny and exhilarating". John is haunted by thoughts of Sherlock despite trying to move on.

December 12, 2013 4:23 pm  #5

Many thanks for this summary. Very interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 12, 2013 5:58 pm  #6

Thanks kitty!!!!!!  I'm jumping up and down in my chair from excitement! *squee* Can't wait!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

December 12, 2013 7:39 pm  #7

Oh Kitty, you are cruel  .

Now, waiting will be a lot harder.

Thank you, that sounds very promising!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

December 18, 2013 12:55 pm  #8

Thanks for the summary Kitty, comes in quite handy!

I used to be a bit scepitcal about "Sherlock" going comedy or at least becoming more comedic, but right now I really am looking forward to it, and I think it will still be an awesome mixture of funny and dramatic (the last episode of this series certainly is going to break our hearts - again) and one of the things I really love about the series coming to think of it, is that to me it is the most warmhearted interpretation of Sherlock Holmes so far.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 18, 2013 1:12 pm  #9

I fear that the feels in His Last Vow will make TRF seem like a keg party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 18, 2013 1:14 pm  #10

tonnaree wrote:

I fear that the feels in His Last Vow will make TRF seem like a keg party.

But how would that even be theoretically possible?? I know, Mofftis claimed that, too, but I still wonder, tbh.

The Game is On!

December 18, 2013 1:18 pm  #11

I think they might put another layer onto things or draw a curtain away. Something like seeing the Hound.

December 18, 2013 2:23 pm  #12

If anyone can do it those black hearted bastards can.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 18, 2013 2:40 pm  #13

I am really not comfortable with swearing at them. They are real people. I think we should learn something from the last incident about respect. I'd rather think they do it for us. And of course we need something to think about and talk about while we wait during the next hiatus untill series 4.

December 18, 2013 2:46 pm  #14

Be wrote:

I am really not comfortable with swearing at them. They are real people. I think we should learn something from the last incident about respect. I'd rather think they do it for us. And of course we need something to think about and talk about while we wait during the next hiatus untill series 4.

I'm pretty sure she was joking. Peter Jackson did the same thing with the Dwarf cast in the Hobbit; he called them the little bastards, as a term of endearment.

December 18, 2013 2:59 pm  #15

I can't tell that apart when I read it.

Last edited by Be (December 18, 2013 3:00 pm)

December 18, 2013 4:14 pm  #16

Be wrote:

Oh, I meant black hearted bastards in the most loving of ways!

And besides, Moffit is a Scot, he would understand the reference. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera