BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 7, 2013 3:18 pm  #1

Repeated last night, but why?

Yep, on BBC3. My dad was at a friend's house and he told me this morning that he caught the end of it and wanted to know if I've seen it. So I looked it up, scroll down a bit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/schedules/2013/12/06

With Series 3 so near, I have to wonder if there's a reason for this. Or am I just over-analysing? XD

If you look at the previous Friday, you see that they repeated Scandal. And next week they're repeating TRF. I think we all remember what happened the last time they repeated Series 2 ^^ but I haven't seen anything indicating a particular reason for the repeats. Maybe it's just because of Series 3 being close?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 7, 2013 4:42 pm  #2

Re: Repeated last night, but why?

Do we really need reasons for Sherlock on TV?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 7, 2013 4:48 pm  #3

A very good point ^^

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 7, 2013 6:20 pm  #4

Schmiezi wrote:

Do we really need reasons for Sherlock on TV?

It's being repeated because God loves us and wants us to be happy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 7, 2013 7:36 pm  #5

kittykat wrote:

I think we all remember what happened the last time they repeated Series 2 ^^ but I haven't seen anything indicating a particular reason for the repeats.

What happened then?

The Game is On!

December 7, 2013 8:01 pm  #6

If I remember correctly they gave us the first Teaser after repeating TRF.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 8, 2013 2:11 am  #7

I fondly remember that night. The forum went crazy ^^

December 8, 2013 10:40 am  #8

They are being repeated now as a lead in to the new series. That way, following the hype during the hiatus and the higher profile both its main players now have, they would hope to pick up even more viewers prior to the new series being aired.
Plus it will refresh the memories that have not been avidly watching the past series on DVD for what seems like an eternity.

Last edited by Davina (December 8, 2013 10:41 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 8, 2013 4:00 pm  #9

I figured that was it, but with so much happening lately I had to wonder ^^

December 8, 2013 5:20 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

They are being repeated now as a lead in to the new series. That way, following the hype during the hiatus and the higher profile both its main players now have, they would hope to pick up even more viewers prior to the new series being aired.
Plus it will refresh the memories that have not been avidly watching the past series on DVD for what seems like an eternity.

Just my thoughts. Not everybody is a die-hard fan. They recently did the same with "The Walking Dead" in Germany, repeated the last season and started the new one. But in this case right one after another.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 6:15 pm  #11

This something commonly done now with popluar shows.  It's really good marketing.  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 15, 2013 10:43 pm  #12

I think it's so we can all refresh our minds before the 3rd series. Love this episode!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 15, 2013 11:07 pm  #13

I'm just going to sleep with my DVD's under my pillow.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera