BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 10, 2012 12:42 pm  #1

Murder Is Easy

Ben's appearence in the new adaptation of Miss Marple is being reshown 14th June, 8PM on ITV3

Last edited by Lisbeth (June 10, 2012 12:59 pm)

June 10, 2012 12:46 pm  #2

Re: Murder Is Easy

I've seen one with him, murder is easy, I think. I wasn't prepared as I hadn't checked the cast list but there he was on a bike!!
It was weird to see him in another detective show...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 10, 2012 1:00 pm  #3

Yep oops the wrong episode. I can't read tv guides!

June 27, 2012 5:58 am  #4

I  just watched this ep last night, on yutube.  I  could not find benedict's version on Netflix,  boo hoo!!   I think he did an impressive job,  altho not enough screen time....but he did a great job!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 27, 2012 11:43 am  #5

I thought the character he played in this was charming.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 28, 2012 3:35 am  #6

so did I.   and I LOVE miss marple.   and Benedict WAS  charming in here, I loved his smile,  and then he almost got run down by that lady  in the blue car---I loved his reaction then.  I need to go and get the book from my library. that'll be great for when I go on vacation!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 28, 2012 6:06 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 20, 2012 7:45 pm  #7

I re-watched this episode tonight and I thought again it was exciting and beautifully filmed. I loved the chemistry between Ben's character and Miss Marple and - like the American girl - thought that he was GORGEOUS. And I found myself staring and not picking up anything that he was saying ...
...though his shirts were...quite...erm...not purple or black or anything like that!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 7, 2012 8:16 am  #8

Watched it yesterday and I found it really well done. I've always loved Agatha Christie stories and I must say that I like Julia McKenzie best of all the Miss Marples I've seen so far. Also loved Shirley Henderson.

Benedict was extremely charming in it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Smart is the new sexy."
I disagree. To me, smart has *always* been sexy.

March 3, 2013 2:53 pm  #9

I am down with a flu so I thought I could just as well catch up with some of BC films I haven't seen yet. This was a good treat: the film is nothing special, just an old-style British mystery, but well acted and mercifully they changed a bit the original plot (I have to confess I usually find movies based on AC works rather boring, because I read them all and I know immediately who the murder is). Not a big role for Benedict, but he is really dashing in this one: if I had to rate his movies in base of his looks, I would probably put it as a numer 1, even above Sherlock (my favourite so far). Actually, this is the first time I can say he is playing a  "sweet" character...

October 11, 2013 8:07 pm  #10

I saw this on Netflix InstantPlay a while back...He played his role very well. He wasn't as excited about the murders as in Sherlock, though. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

June 29, 2015 9:40 am  #11

I was pleased to discover that my library has this on DVD, yay! I'm going to have to watch it twice - my kids kept interrupting me when I tried to watch it today, and I was also rather distracted by the gorgeousness of Mr. Cumberbatch

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Board footera