BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 8, 2012 6:58 am  #1

Hi From NH

Hello, everyone. I just found your forum and have already enjoyed looking through some of the discussion threads. I'm fascinated with Sherlock and John, and I hope I'll have some opportunity to join in all the enthusiasm here. I live about 50 miles north of Boston, in the northeastern part of the US.

June 8, 2012 7:32 am  #2

Re: Hi From NH

Hello and welcome to the wacky world of Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2012 10:34 am  #3

Welcome! Always nice to have another American. I'm Janine from Pennsylvania. I joined this board recently and I'm amazed at the knowledge and intelligence of the posters Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 8, 2012 10:35 am  #4

Hi and welcome. You'll have fun here I'm sure. 

June 8, 2012 10:36 am  #5

Hi, AG! What's your avatar of, is it some kind of speedometer-thing?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 8, 2012 10:39 am  #6

Howdy, ancientsgate; glad to see someone from my neck of the woods!  There's a lot to do here--I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 8, 2012 4:01 pm  #7

Welcome, fellow American! : )

Glad to have you. Pull up a chair, have a cuppa, and enjoy yourself.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 9, 2012 1:48 am  #8

Welcome to the forum ! = )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 9, 2012 1:51 am  #9

Greetings and salutations from afar.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 9, 2012 2:14 am  #10

I'm from the western states!!   nice to have ya here  with us zany sherlockians.   the more, the merrier!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 9, 2012 12:35 pm  #11

Welcome and thanks for joining us! Hope you have fun here...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 10, 2012 9:55 am  #12

Welcome

June 11, 2012 1:57 am  #13

Welcome ancientsgate!    Glad you found us.

June 11, 2012 2:45 am  #14

Hi, and welcome from another newbie!

I was viewing other Sherlock forums, but this is now my absolute favorite!  The Old Timers here know their stuff! 

(My parents were from Boston (ended up in Seattle when my dad was a flight surgeon for the USN during WWII) so I feel as though I'm a denizen by osmosis.  )

June 13, 2012 9:08 am  #15

Molly Hooper wrote:

Hi, AG! What's your avatar of, is it some kind of speedometer-thing?

The forum website gave me a few things to choose from for my avatar, and I liked that one. Yes, a speedometer, but it's nothing that means much to me personally. *smile* I have no idea why it says Wrong! under my forum user ID-- the website just inserted that. No idea how to change it either. Hopefully I'll be less clueless as I get more familiar with the territory here. So far, I'm loving everyone's enthusiasm and the overall tone of this place--- yayyy!

June 13, 2012 11:38 am  #16

Helloooo! It says wrong because you haven't posted enough posts to gain the dizzy heights of being 'Homeless' or beyond.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 13, 2012 4:36 pm  #17

Davina wrote:

Helloooo! It says wrong because you haven't posted enough posts to gain the dizzy heights of being 'Homeless' or beyond.

Thanks so much for the info-- funny how being a newbie makes me Wrong! heh

June 16, 2012 2:15 pm  #18

Hi Ancientsgate, may I call you Anci?

I decided to reach out to you on this thread rather that the "How old are you " thread as it was going wildly off topic!

I am about to out myself here. Yes, I also love Johnlock! There, I said it and the world didn't end!

I used to read X-Files fanfic back in the day, started with Mulder/Scully, then accidently (truly) stumbled across Mulder/Skinner and Mulder/Krycek (mmm, Krycek). At first I was like "Oh my god!!" (OMG hadn't been invented back then), then I thought "hmm, interesting", then before I knew I was addicted!

Then, as now, I don't relate it to the actors or even the characters as portrayed in the show. I don't really want Sherlock and John to be a couple in the show, it would mess with the dynamic too much. But, side issue, wouldn't it be great to see a show with a gay or lesbian couple going through the 'whole "Moonlighting" or "Castle" tension? It would really help to 'normalise' the whole issue. And the actors would win heaps of awards for their 'courage' .

And Kazza, being the great Aussie chick that she is, has very strong opinions about a lots of issues. When she gets riled up, I just duck and cover ! LOL

I just see Johnlock as a bit of fun, like you do. Some of the writing is excellent, the stories can make you laugh or cry, and sometimes give more insight into the characters and the show itself.

Where do you access fanfic? I love Archive Of Own Own. If you aren't aware of it, check it out. It is also worth registering there even if you don't write fic yourself, because then you can leave comments, which the authors often reply to, which makes me happy!

Anyway, welcome to the madness, you will have heaps of fun here!

Last edited by hepzibah (June 16, 2012 2:16 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 2:33 pm  #19

I, for one, enjoyed being "Wrong!' (don't tell my husband that) because I think that was the point in the series when I was hooked. It was such a clever way of bringing the stories and Sherlock into the 21st century. And I love the device of having texts and Sherlock's thoughts written out on the screen. If you had described it to me ahead of time, I would have said it was clumsy and corny. And I would have been Wrong!

June 16, 2012 2:57 pm  #20

Hi again, Anci

i just saw your post about AO3 on another thread, I love Performance in a Leading Role so much that I downloaded it to my Kindle so I can have a fix whenever I need it. You probably are familiar with her other great story Alone on the Water? There is a wonderful clip on YouTube of the story set to I've Loved You for A Thousand Years which will make you howl like a baby. I've only been able to watch it the one time, it was just too emotional for me.

Another story I love is Long Ago and Far Away by Lotherington, set during World War II. And a Study In Winning by Jupiter_Ash. I could go on and on.

And are you familiar with the Omega-verse and the whole male pregnancy thing? That gets really, really weird, but fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera