BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2013 4:03 pm  #681

Re: Germany board meet up

I'm definitely in! Writing you a message right now @gently69.

I think 64,70 € for a double room is quite ok... so I'd also like to share with someone - I'mreally easy-going and quiet, too

Last edited by SherlockianDE (December 9, 2013 4:05 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 9, 2013 4:11 pm  #682

Is it 64,70 per room or per person?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 9, 2013 4:18 pm  #683

Well, gently69 wrote "64,70€ per room" so I guessed it means for a double room, not per person...

That also fits with the description on the hotel website which says "Ab € 78,00 in der Standardkategorie", factoring in the possible group and/or weekend discount that they offer.

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 9, 2013 8:55 pm  #684

Okay, if it's 64,70 Euros for a DOUBLE room, I'm joining the hotel lot,too ;)
Is that "all in", breakfast etc? Or is there more expenses I would have to consider? (I only have been at hotels few times, and one was all-in, and one had breakfast seperately...so I really don't know)
I'm going to write a PM to you too, gently69.
Thanks for being so enthusiastic to get things going

Edit: oh, too tired to read, breakfast included, alright alright... maybe I should sleep now instead watching TRF for the xxx time... god, does anyone count anymore? ;)

Last edited by Whisky (December 9, 2013 9:02 pm)

"It is what it is."

December 10, 2013 8:16 am  #685

Hello ladies,
just a short reminder for the hotel accommondation deadline. I thought to wait until... let's say 6 pm and then inform the hotel about number and names. We are 7 girls () so far and I wait for one more YES. I also thought to ask for a small conference room with TV. Well who needs a conference room on Sunday evening without catering and only a TV screen? Perhaps they can make an unbeatable offer. I'm also willing to pay a bigger part of the rent if any of our participants aren't able to afford further costs.Not too much of course.
Right! The game is on! I am waiting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 10, 2013 3:18 pm  #686

Hello everybody!
I am new here and didn't dare to write intelligent comments so far...

December 10, 2013 3:19 pm  #687

I have seen that you are planning to meet and watch Sherlock together and I would absolutely love to come as well!

December 10, 2013 3:21 pm  #688

But as I cannot send a PM before having posted three comments at least, I am spamming you all a bit now, sorry for that!!!

December 10, 2013 3:26 pm  #689

Why not start a thread in the introduction sector and enjoy yourself there? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 10, 2013 3:33 pm  #690

Exactly, Mary. Spamming a thread is not the nicest way to go about. And we would like hear a bit more about you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2013 3:36 pm  #691

Ladies, we are 8 now. The countdown is on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

December 11, 2013 11:18 am  #692

Now, I was just wondering: Do we have someone in our midst who is technically capable of recording the first two episodes while they are streamed...? I understand that theoretically this is possible, and wouldn't it be great if we could watch Episodes 1 and 2 again together on that Sunday before episode 3 is aired...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 11, 2013 1:35 pm  #693

Gently69 has organised this but here are some details:

1. We will meet on 12/1, watch S3E3 and stay the night. Maybe you could join us when you do not want to sleep there. This would have to be checked with the hotel (City Hotel Ratingen) I suppose. 
2. Being an old woman myself I would say no teenager meet.  But there are nevertheless some serious fangirls among us. 

For the rest please contact gently69. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 2:42 pm  #694

"But there are nevertheless some serious fangirls among us."

God. Really? Thanks for mentioning this, I think now that I know this I need to cancel this...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 11, 2013 2:48 pm  #695

For me... I'm totally reasonable. It can't be me.

(Tony Hadley)

December 11, 2013 3:14 pm  #696

I think you would be safe with us, Swanpride. 

December 11, 2013 5:15 pm  #697

Swanpride wrote:

Girling out is totally okay for me...I think I would just feel akward in a group of teenagers, being the odd one out. It becomes less an issue when you are past the age of 20, then you usually don't care about the age of people you encounter, but teenagers still tend to think very much in their own age group.

We're all Sherlockians - age doesn't matter, in my opinion. But for what it's worth, I don't think that a lot of us are teenagers

So we really did book the hotel, is that right? Then I need to go and get train tickets right away

EDIT: Could someone from NRW possibly give me some advice - Deutsche Bahn offers me "Ratingen Ost" as train station for Ratingen. Is that the correct one? Or should I choose something else? I don't know this area at all...

Last edited by SherlockianDE (December 11, 2013 5:19 pm)

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 11, 2013 5:32 pm  #698

Have a look at this map. To me it seems as if Ratingen-West is the next station considering that the hotel is on Stadionring.

http://stadtplan.meinestadt.de/index.php?street=bahnhof&zip=40878&city=Ratingen&stateType=main&searchType=address

December 11, 2013 5:51 pm  #699

Yep, I did that  looks like I'll go to Düsseldorf Hbf and take the S-Bahn from there. Thanks!

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

December 11, 2013 7:47 pm  #700

I´m 15!
*giggles*
(sometimes in mind.......)
But old enough to stay a night out!
All ages are very welcome!

Btw. I could bring crisps or wine or what else.....and tissues.....I guess tissues are very important!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

Board footera