BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 8, 2013 1:01 pm  #1

Hello from NRW, Germany!

Hi there,
I've been lurking here for a while now and thought it's time to introduce myself to you.
I grew up with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and always enjoyed the old movies. Even though I also liked the more different versions of SH that're shown in the movies and on the telly (I.e Elementary) I missed 'my' original Sherlock.
Anyway, a few yrs back I saw BBC's Sherlock, though only one episode, and for some strange reasons didn't like it much.
A few weeks ago I got to watch the first episode of BBC's Sherlock and it totally got me this time. I thought what a brilliant show, and I instantly fell in love with it. I had my Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson back, old mixed with new, just the way I like it...

A bit about myself:
I'm from Germany, lived in Ireland for a short period and have always been involved in various fandomes.

I ship the extraordinary but platonic friendship between Sherlock and John. I love Mrs Hudson and always feel sorry for Molly. ;-)

Looking fwd to chat with you all.

Shen.

December 8, 2013 2:49 pm  #2

Re: Hello from NRW, Germany!

Sorry, I didn't mean to link to that site, but I can't seem to change it. Please ignore it, thx.
Shen.

December 8, 2013 3:10 pm  #3

Glückauf, Shen,
good to have you with us, ex-lurker!
You will like it here, I'm sure.
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 8, 2013 3:21 pm  #4

Welcome to the forum!

Was it The Blind Banker you saw first? Would explain a lot.
Anyway, welcome to our lovely community. Have a nice time here and enjoy yourself. 

Greetings from Bonn,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 8, 2013 5:58 pm  #5

tobeornot221b wrote:

Glückauf, Shen,
good to have you with us, ex-lurker!
You will like it here, I'm sure.
Enjoy!

Thank you for the welcome! :-)

December 8, 2013 6:00 pm  #6

Another one from NRW... hello and welcome!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 8, 2013 6:09 pm  #7

Mary Me wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

Was it The Blind Banker you saw first? Would explain a lot.
Anyway, welcome to our lovely community. Have a nice time here and enjoy yourself. 

Greetings from Bonn,
Mary

Actually it was TheHounds of Baskerville. I remember I turned the telly on and John Watson was running around the lab obviously very afraid of a gigantic hound. It quite confused me and after a short while I decided to switch channel. Now that I've seen the entire episode both in English and German I just love it.

Btw, my two favorite episodes would be A study in Pink and A Skandal in Belgravia.

Thanks for the welcome! :-)

December 8, 2013 6:10 pm  #8

gently69 wrote:

Another one from NRW... hello and welcome!!!

Hello and thanks! ;-)

December 8, 2013 6:26 pm  #9

Hi, welcome and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 8, 2013 6:28 pm  #10

Welcome, Shen, I hope you will have fun. This is a bunch of really nice mad Sherlockians. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 8, 2013 6:50 pm  #11

Harriet wrote:

Hi, welcome and enjoy!

Hi, thanks, I already do. :-)

December 8, 2013 6:51 pm  #12

SusiGo wrote:

Welcome, Shen, I hope you will have fun. This is a bunch of really nice mad Sherlockians. 

Thank you! I like nice and mad. ;-)

December 9, 2013 5:30 am  #13

Welcome to the forum, Shen. You micht have found out by now that you are not really the only one from NRW ...
Greetings from the lovely rims of the Bergische Land.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 9, 2013 8:59 am  #14

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 9, 2013 9:16 am  #15

Schmiezi wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Shen. You micht have found out by now that you are not really the only one from NRW ...
Greetings from the lovely rims of the Bergische Land.

Thank you!To be more specific I live in the heart of the Ruhrpott, close to Muensterland. :-)

December 9, 2013 9:18 am  #16

Davina wrote:

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum.

Danke! I'm happy to be here! :-)

January 1, 2014 2:59 pm  #17

It's a New Year and I'm a New Member.  Born in Germany, now living in the USA on the east coast.  Got hooked on Sherlock with Benedict and Martin through PBS and introduced to this website by a friend who actively participates.. Looking forward to January 19, the start of the new season. Happy New Year!

January 1, 2014 3:04 pm  #18

Welcome, and happy new year, Putzel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 3, 2014 12:05 am  #19

Hallo Putzel! Hope you have fun here!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera