BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2013 9:10 pm  #1

Gingerbread man / Fairytales

Hey everyone.

I've been thinking hard about possible Series 3 villains lately (without reading any spoilers; just speculating for fun) and it occurred to me that there's something odd in episode 6. Just before Sherlock is arrested, he gets that chilling burned-to-a-crisp gingerbread man in the mail. Some chap delivered a parcel, Mrs. Hudson says; "funny name. German, like the fairy tales." And it makes sense because of the fairytale plotline. 

But "Moriarty" isn't a German name; it's Irish. 

It's possible that Moriarty was just being playful -- he's been toying with the fairy tale idea all episode -- but surely that would've come through well enough even without this line. (I mean, come on, it's a gingerbread man.) And it's Mrs. Hudson, not Moriarty, who comes out with the association between a German name and fairytales. It doesn't sound like he planted that line.

Could someone else, then -- someone who knew of Moriarty's threat -- have intended the gingerbread man for Sherlock?

December 7, 2013 6:56 pm  #2

Re: Gingerbread man / Fairytales

My take is the name is Rupelstilskin Sp?  I think its a play on the name thing going back to Richard Brook or Moriarty. Guess my real name. Jim Moriarty or Richard Brook?  One will lead you on a fairytale and the other will lead you to the truth...

Another theory is that it is Grimm-the writer of fairytales.

We will see!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 7, 2013 9:41 pm  #3

Re: Gingerbread man / Fairytales

Всем привет.
Помогите разобраться, не могу найти в интернете как
сделать смтп и pop3 сервер у себя на компьютере, но нигде не могу найти хороших обзоров ((
Если пишу не там где нужно, перенесите
пожалуйст в соответствющий форум.

Board footera