BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2013 10:09 am  #141

Re: First OFFICIAL Photo from Series 3

sirlockofthesher wrote:

Molly is wearing a ring on her engagement finger...

We never saw her with jewellery, not even on christmas. Just once when she was together with Jim from IT in the lab. She had a necklace with a diamond. Gift from Jim?

December 5, 2013 10:16 am  #142

Whatever it is, she looks really lovely. My boyfriend will swoon over her.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 5, 2013 10:23 am  #143

Yes, she is lovely. A great original creation by Moftiss. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2013 10:29 am  #144

God forbid that there would be a woman (other than the Woman) who can survive without a love interest. Inevitable that Molly needs a boyfriend, too. 

December 5, 2013 10:42 am  #145

What is so strange about that? It does not mean that she cannot survive with a boyfriend but she strikes me as a person who wishes to have a loving relationship. That has nothing to do with being dependent or not emancipated. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2013 11:03 am  #146

Maybe what Be ist trying to say is that this is something we see far too often in tv shows... sooner or later every woman needs a love interest, it's just not enough for a girl to have a job. For me it doesn't even mean that she is not emancipated enough, it's just a bit... predictable. Because it happens all the time in tv shows. Nothing new, you know?
But then again, it's also important how the writers incorporate it in the show, and with "Sherlock" it might indeed be something... new and unusual.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

December 5, 2013 11:15 am  #147

I see what you mean, Solar. But when the writers want to keep Molly in the show they have to develop her character. They cannot have her sadly and unsuccessfully swooning over Sherlock because then people would say that they repeat themselves. Let's see what they make of it and how they integrate the boyfriend into the story. 

December 5, 2013 11:16 am  #148

Lestrade, for example, seems perfectly fine without a love story going on.

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 11:20 am  #149

I quite liked the idea with Molly and Jim and how that worked out and was not dull.
So let's hope that possibly her next move towards a relationship is surprising, too. Sherlock gave her the advice to be careful for the sake of law and order.

I imagine that Sherlock will be curious whether she has found another interesting person who can provide a crime for him to solve.

Well, happy couples everywhere now? John and Mary, Molly and Mr x. Nice, very nice.

December 5, 2013 11:23 am  #150

But he is in a relationship even if we do not get to see this. 

Let me explain: I do not think that a person needs a relationship to be a fully developed character. But there are many people who regard a relationship based on love as an important part of their lives. And therefore for me it is in no way boring or predictable.

Apart from that in Sherlock we have lots of single characters: Mycroft (as far as we know), Mrs Hudson, Jim Moriarty, Sherlock, John (most of the time). Trivial relationship stories were never part of the scripts and I trust that this will not change in series 3. 

December 5, 2013 11:33 am  #151

Mrs Hudson is in a relationship (disfunctional) with Mr Chattergy from downstairs.

December 5, 2013 11:38 am  #152

Yes, now that you mention it. There seem to be many dysfunctional relationships: Greg and his cheating wife, Molly and Jim from IT, Mrs Hudson and the polygamist ... 

December 5, 2013 11:42 am  #153

guys, guys, new footage!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas13/

EDIT: sorry, wanted to post this into the Trailer thread (must have been too confused ;-))

Last edited by Marva (December 5, 2013 11:45 am)

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 11:51 am  #154

Marva wrote:

EDIT: sorry, wanted to post this into the Trailer thread (must have been too confused ;-))

This is getting really annoying. Can't see it.
Have some mercy, BBC, and allow the poor rest of the world to see it, please.

December 5, 2013 12:07 pm  #155

Be wrote:

Marva wrote:

if it is of any solace: the new snippets are merely 1-3 seconds when put together (hard to tell, because they are really, really, REALLY short )

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 12:41 pm  #156

You can see those scenes here, I guess, as gifs:

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/

December 5, 2013 12:55 pm  #157

I think people who wish to stay away from spoilers will know what this thread is about. The only person who could add a spoiler warning to the title is sj4ly who started the thread. If she reads this, she could do this for safety reasons. 

December 5, 2013 1:05 pm  #158

Marva wrote:

Be wrote:

Marva wrote:

if it is of any solace: the new snippets are merely 1-3 seconds when put together (hard to tell, because they are really, really, REALLY short )

Short or not, I want to see them! *sniffle* I can't see them where I am...the gifs are still cool, like this one for instance; 

...but I still want to watch them....

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (December 5, 2013 1:05 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

December 5, 2013 1:14 pm  #159

Silver, in this trailer there is literally nothing more regarding Sherlock than you can see in the gifs!

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 1:21 pm  #160

I'm sure the trailer will turn up on YT sooner or later...

Board footera