BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2013 9:28 pm  #121

Re: First OFFICIAL Photo from Series 3

kittykat wrote:

Conductors of light? 

*nods* 

-------------------------------------------------------

December 4, 2013 10:36 pm  #122

I managed to keep my fangirling contained until I left the building but I did giggle all the way home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 5, 2013 12:31 am  #123

Molly is wearing a ring on her engagement finger...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 5, 2013 12:49 am  #124

sirlockofthesher wrote:

Molly is wearing a ring on her engagement finger...

Huh, I just noticed that! Interesting.....

December 5, 2013 1:17 am  #125

This has been AMAZING!  I'm sooo glad I checked in on the Forum tonight - even though I have a boat load of work to do.  Aw, who the hell cares! 
Screw work! The boys are back in town!

Silver, your gif above mesmerizes me! I can't stop looking at it. LOL!  Picturing this happy look from Sherlock when John dumps Mary at the alter and they ride off on the tube together to live happily ever after. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 5, 2013 1:51 am  #126

KeepersPrice wrote:

This has been AMAZING! I'm sooo glad I checked in on the Forum tonight - even though I have a boat load of work to do. Aw, who the hell cares!
Screw work! The boys are back in town!

Silver, your gif above mesmerizes me! I can't stop looking at it. LOL! Picturing this happy look from Sherlock when John dumps Mary at the alter and they ride off on the tube together to live happily ever after.

Hehe!  That wouldn't be so terrible....

December 5, 2013 2:37 am  #127

^ what source is that GIF of the two of them smiling from?  It's so....something beautiful.

Molly is wearing the same shirt here...

as here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48WI7SsPn6A

hmmmmmm

Last edited by sirlockofthesher (December 5, 2013 3:30 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

December 5, 2013 3:29 am  #128

sirlockofthesher wrote:

^ what source is that GIF of the two of them smiling from?  It's so....something beautiful.

I found it somewhere on this tumblr; http://fyeahfreebatch.tumblr.com/
It's old, from when they were filming series 1 I believe. 

December 5, 2013 5:40 am  #129

Holy crap… what have you guys done to me…  0.0   Leave for work all evening, come back, and barely browse a couple things before bed when left numb assaulted by that…  (ok, so that's the evil bbc's fault, but…..).               Oh my god…. all the pics at once!!!    And everyone looks awesome!  Despite slightly evil look to Mycroft!  But I don't care!   I can't wait to see him again! 

(aww, don't look sad…. surely all the light from our current collective's grins will cheer you  :-))   Awesome.  Thank you.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 5, 2013 6:22 am  #130

kittykat wrote:

This is amazing ^^

Oh my...!!! This - I just can't *breathes into a paper bag - nope, just nope*

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

December 5, 2013 6:23 am  #131

sirlockofthesher wrote:

^ where do you READ about the spoiler?. I've just seen the pics.

mmmmm soooo beautiful.  Ben can pull of that look soooo good.  God he's hot. Why is he hot? Clever Mr. Cumberbatch looking all hot in a non definable way.  Excuse me ...seem to be having a hard time typing due to the excessive giggling

This one is just adorable.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

December 5, 2013 7:18 am  #132

the_dancing_woman wrote:

kittykat wrote:

This is amazing ^^

Oh my...!!! This - I just can't *breathes into a paper bag - nope, just nope*

This pic is perfect evidence for one of the things I like most about the show - it is modern and classic/old-fashioned at the same time. It has a very distinctive style that is hard to describe. Just look at what Amanda and Molly are wearing - they could be from the 1930s or 40s. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2013 7:23 am  #133

Not that I find that a patriculaly good thing.
Much prefer the girls in sensible trousers!
However, yes, this is a beautiful set pic.
And I know I'll get shouted at(again), but why are Benedict and Louise both still single?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2013 7:46 am  #134

Well, this is a matter of taste. It is great that today women can choose between skirts and dresses (which I love) and jeans (which I love as well). For me this pic just has a classic, timeless look that appeals to me. 
As for your question - we see only the outside, the attractive faces, the professional success, the public image, but we can't know about their private lives. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2013 8:29 am  #135

I definitely see what you mean, Susi, and I agree. And it's not just the girl's clothes, just look at the flat of the boys... apart from their laptops and Sherlock's microscope, I'd say the whole flat looks as if it's fallen out of time, as well. And I like that, the overall impression is a mixture of past and present, the modern era and an era long past.
Just look at this pic of Mary, it really looks like the 1920s or 30s.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr02/4/13/enhanced-buzz-2375-1386180478-0.jpg

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 5, 2013 8:53 am  #136

I fully agree. 

December 5, 2013 9:02 am  #137

SolarSystem wrote:

I definitely see what you mean, Susi, and I agree. And it's not just the girl's clothes, just look at the flat of the boys... apart from their laptops and Sherlock's microscope, I'd say the whole flat looks as if it's fallen out of time, as well. And I like that, the overall impression is a mixture of past and present, the modern era and an era long past.
Just look at this pic of Mary, it really looks like the 1920s or 30s.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr02/4/13/enhanced-buzz-2375-1386180478-0.jpg

Couldn't agree more and this is also part of its charm and appeal.

Btw I adore this photo of Mary, she looks absolutely lovely.

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (December 5, 2013 9:03 am)

December 5, 2013 9:09 am  #138

all I'm saying is:

;-)

The Game is On!

December 5, 2013 9:09 am  #139

A great example of this eclectic mixture is the bison's skull with the headphones on. Hunting lodge style with a modern twist. 

December 5, 2013 9:31 am  #140

You got me there, Susi... can you believe that I haven't even noticed this before...? I have to take another look at that...!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera