BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 24, 2013 11:08 am  #521

Re: Doctor Who

Definitely a Doctor Who for our times. Moral dilemma anyone?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 24, 2013 12:23 pm  #522

Brilliant episode! What an unexpected plot change... And I didn't expect to see all 13 Doctors at once!

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 24, 2013 12:24 pm  #523

Even for the 50th celebration?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2013 12:47 pm  #524

I meant more I expected 12 Doctors, no 13 with the newest, Peter Capaldi. I didn't expect we would see him there as well since the 11th hasn't regenerated yet.

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 24, 2013 12:48 pm  #525

Ah yes and the 13 thing is a bit weird anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2013 1:00 pm  #526

The 50th special was just flat out amazing!! Watched with my little brother last night, also a Who fan, and we just loved it! So much new stuff and old stuff weaved together, and it was just wonderful! I feel like I'm going to have to watch it a couple more times to catch things I may have missed the first time. No Sherlock trailer afterwards here that I saw, will have to look for that online.

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

November 24, 2013 10:21 pm  #527

Did everyone catch that trailer for the Christmas special?  The Doctor is going to the place he dreads most...

"This planet...what's it called?"
"Trenzalore."

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 24, 2013 10:37 pm  #528

I gave a little squeal of excitement when I saw Capaldi!
Can't wait for the Christmas special. Although I think I'll make sure I have a box of tissues handy!

Loved 10 and 11's banter!

================================================================

November 24, 2013 10:37 pm  #529

Lovelocked wrote:

The 50th special was just flat out amazing!! Watched with my little brother last night, also a Who fan, and we just loved it! So much new stuff and old stuff weaved together, and it was just wonderful! I feel like I'm going to have to watch it a couple more times to catch things I may have missed the first time. No Sherlock trailer afterwards here that I saw, will have to look for that online.

Here in US we'll have to start watching Masterpiece on PBS stations to catch any new trailers designed for US consumption since Sherlock will not be on BBC America but on Masterpiece.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 25, 2013 5:02 am  #530

Yes! I loved it! I watched it at a friend's place at 6.50am (omg) and I was full of squee!

Saw the Sherlock trailer today on YouTube; was pointed to it by Tumblr followers. Now curious what the hell Anderson is up to!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 25, 2013 5:26 am  #531

Wholocked wrote:

Yes! I loved it! I watched it at a friend's place at 6.50am (omg) and I was full of squee!

Saw the Sherlock trailer today on YouTube; was pointed to it by Tumblr followers. Now curious what the hell Anderson is up to!

Ha ha, my Aussie friends had banned me from talking about it because they weren't going to watch it until the evening broadcast XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

November 25, 2013 7:23 am  #532

Wholocked wrote:

Yes! I loved it! I watched it at a friend's place at 6.50am (omg)

Now that's dedication!     Eeeee….  but wasn't it awesome?      Changing his history, yet again, old favorites, new twists, typical banter.  Besides the bigger questions, was anyone musing (or taking for granted) "when" Ten was coming from, though?    Got a laugh thinking back to all the times they've had him run into a queen or joking implied history with, and here we finally see his little dalliance with.  That, plus the 'I don't want to go'…. I realized he's totally coming from his 'avoidance traipsing about' period right before he meets with the Ood to discuss his fate (and joked about getting married).  Just found that neat they tied that in there.

And just…. how cool of a production as a whole, huh?  The history, people, re-boot, amount of stuff put into (and spawned from) it, including all the other stuff tied in for the anniversary, PLUS the very fitting (and tough!) same-time-around-the-world broadcast (that even the fans helped with!) and that they won a Guinness award for!!  Take a look!

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/guinness-world-record-for-the-day-of-the-doctor

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 25, 2013 7:25 am  #533

Such a lovely pic.

December 1, 2013 3:30 pm  #534

Well, since I've found my way back here, let me just say I loved the 50th and I am dying for the Christmas special, although I don't want Matt to go.

It was great seeing David in his sandshoes ( ) again and despite having mixed feeling about the whole "lost Doctor" thing (and even though David will always be Ten and Matt always Eleven, no matter what they say), I really enjoyed John Hurt's performance. He was great and the dynamics between the three of them was great. And all the little nods to the past were lovely.

I loved how they managed to salute the past while welcoming the future and making a huge step in the Doctor's story. 

Oh, and who was the devil who wrote David's last line... again? lol

Last edited by Sparrow (December 1, 2013 3:34 pm)

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

December 1, 2013 10:41 pm  #535

Sparrow wrote:

Oh, and who was the devil who wrote David's last line... again? lol

Evil people that's who!

================================================================

December 2, 2013 2:46 am  #536

Aww… yes!  I know!!   Granddad, Chinny, Sandshoes, how Ten and Eleven bounced off each other, Hurt's performance, the past and future like you said (and eesh, talk about shifting the essence of his story, again!)   And if you felt nudged again by 'that one line'….  I don't suppose you've yet watched Gatiss' "Adventure In Time And Space", have you?   
Absolutely love this shot they took when they got all of the old actors together (they must have been thrilled, too!)

And even though they only gave Tom more of a cameo in the episode, did you see "The Five(ish) Doctors" reboot thing that Davison decided to make?  So much hilarity and touching cuteness crammed into thirty minutes:  http://denofgeek.us/tv/doctor-who/231235/our-favorite-things-about-the-fiveish-doctors-reboot

Last edited by Russell (December 2, 2013 6:06 am)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

December 2, 2013 8:18 pm  #537

No, sadly I haven't had the time to sit down and explore all the little things made for the 50th. I'm glad I had time to watch the special. :lol: Perhaps over Christmas break, if I can find the time. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

December 3, 2013 7:08 pm  #538

Aww…. that's too bad hardly have any free time now!  Hope it lightens soon.  But eh, I've barely kept up with all the little 'side' things they've been doing, either.  Really neat they've been doing, but as with anything addicted to, there's always more than enough to keep up with.     Gatiss' 'Adventure' was a wonderful look at the history of it, but for just some short (30 min.) cute hilarity, whenever you have a short moment, the 'Five(ish)' thing I mentioned in my last post that I came across by chance was just so great with lots of the older people who loved and worked on Who (and many other cameos!) just having fun with it.  You can't go wrong with these guys! 

December 9, 2013 3:54 pm  #539

December 11, 2013 9:10 pm  #540

New trailer for "The Time of the Doctor"!  Be prepared for complete awesomeness :D

Board footera