BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 14, 2013 10:00 am  #61

Re: fic recommendations - non-slash

Masterlist updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 22, 2013 3:46 pm  #62

This is a cute little one-shot by my friend Prothoe, sort of a missing scene from "Hound of Baskerville".
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9072177/1/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 18, 2013 4:29 am  #63

Ehehehehe I found a Sherlock/Labyrinth fic where Mycroft wishes Sherlock to the land of the Goblin king.

It's reasonably short but rather cute so I thought I'd come show you all

http://goldenusagi.livejournal.com/622476.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 26, 2013 8:52 am  #64

I found a fanfic on ao3 with an interesting beginning.
Straight John and asexual Sherlock and John is looking for Mrs Right (probably Sarah?).
It is well done so far because the author really tries to address that John needs a woman in his life who can deal with Sherlock. She has to accept that Sherlock is important for John.
I always thought that Mary Morstan (in my headcanon) will accept and eventually like Sherlock as much as John does.

"And Not Or"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/891311?view_full_work=true

No slash Johnlock but WiP, so anything is possible.

December 2, 2013 4:21 pm  #65

There's a new, completed story from sevenpercent!  This is the author of

Collateral Damage
Sidelined
Crossfire
The Musgrave Blaze

As reviewed in this thread earlier: "The writing is very good, the cases are elaborate. Her Sherlock is characterised by SDP and other psychological aspects and the friendship with John is strictly non-sexual."

I really like sevenpercent.  She just fininshed a new one:  The Shooting Party.  It has some wonderful Mycroft moments in addition to a fantastic setting.  She takes Sherlock in some completely original directions (in a previous story he's a masterful equestrian and in this story he's one of England's best shots for game birds) that still feel very authentic.   

Also I give sevenpercent highest marks for fully developing a cast of characters around Sherlock and John.  Some fanfic can be a bit myopic; she gives us so much more.  

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

December 2, 2013 5:00 pm  #66

December 2, 2013 6:04 pm  #67

I can also recommend Sevenpercent. The author writes extremely fast so you can even dare to read a WIP as it is updated regularly, up to several chapters per week. 

Last edited by SusiGo (December 11, 2013 7:14 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 11, 2013 12:38 am  #68

Just finished reading this one - lovely brotherly Mycroft/Sherlock fic

The Laws of Chess

John assumes that Sherlock is playing chess by himself. Sherlock lets him think what he will - it's certainly better than admitting to the truth.

January 12, 2014 1:59 pm  #69

In Over My Head
by jolinarjackson

Summary: In order to solve a case, Sherlock goes too far, risking his life. To him, that seems quite acceptable considering the circumstances. He really doesn't see why John would be hurt by his actions.
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Greg Lestrade, OC
Rating: R
Spoiler: The Great Game, The Hounds Of Baskerville
Setting: after The Hounds Of Baskerville
Warnings: (assumed) attempted suicide, discussion of assisted suicide / suicide and terminal illness, violence
Contains: Language

January 12, 2014 2:00 pm  #70

TeeJay wrote:

In Over My Head
by jolinarjackson

Summary: In order to solve a case, Sherlock goes too far, risking his life. To him, that seems quite acceptable considering the circumstances. He really doesn't see why John would be hurt by his actions.
Warnings: (assumed) attempted suicide, discussion of assisted suicide / suicide and terminal illness, violence

Sounds great. It will go right onto my kindle. Thanks for posting this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 29, 2014 11:21 pm  #71

This is rather amusing: John comes home drunk & bothers Sherlock
http://archiveofourown.org/works/334583

January 30, 2014 9:00 am  #72

Schmiezi wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

In Over My Head
by jolinarjackson

Sounds great. It will go right onto my kindle. Thanks for posting this!

Thanks for posting, I really liked that. 
Here is another short one by the same author. "Redbeard":

http://jolinarjackson.livejournal.com/320724.html

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2014 10:46 am  #73

Wholocked wrote:

Ehehehehe I found a Sherlock/Labyrinth fic where Mycroft wishes Sherlock to the land of the Goblin king.

It's reasonably short but rather cute so I thought I'd come show you all

http://goldenusagi.livejournal.com/622476.html

Ha ha! As Labyrinth was one of my first movie loves (still is high up on the list), I absolutely loved this! And it was very well written!
Thanks for sharing!

January 30, 2014 11:44 am  #74

Can I put my own on here? Theres at least three I could put on. 

January 30, 2014 12:06 pm  #75

Self-recs can be made in this thread:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2672
:-)

February 13, 2014 2:02 am  #76

Masterlist is now updated

February 13, 2014 7:29 am  #77

Last night I read one of the best post-Reichenbach reunion fics I've come across so far (not that I've read a great many). Just perfect for an h/c junkie like me. It was written and posted prior to series 3.

One Way Out by hifunctioning
Summary:
In which Sherlock returns, John nurses him back to health, Sherlock fails at sociopathy, and Mycroft picks up the milk. Non-slash or Pre-slash, depending on your worldview.

"He puts the kettle on to boil. He needs to think. About what? He can hear Sherlock breathing behind him. Sherlock is breathing. He needs to think about this: Sherlock being alive, here, in his flat, what the hell is he supposed to do with that? He turns the kettle off and grabs a bottle and a glass from the pantry.

'I'd prefer tea,' announces Sherlock casually, perhaps trying a bit too hard.

'Make your own bloody tea,' John replies.

He sits in the armchair, pours himself a double, knocks it down, and closes his eyes. Sherlock decides the tea can wait until John is in the mood to make it for him, and sits on the sofa. Ping. John doesn't move, because the only person who he might like to see a text from is dead, and is sitting in front of him."

February 19, 2014 7:45 am  #78

This is cute. Storyline is non-linear, so just keep that in mind when you're being all confused ;-)

Another Man
John has a secret. Sherlock is worried.

February 27, 2014 12:52 pm  #79

Here's a recommendation for a story someone wrote for me for a graphic I created and then posted as a prompt on LiveJournal:

What Lurks Within (At Fever Pitch)
by extricate
Summary: He bleeds onto the frozen ground, shivering violently even in the thick jacket he's wearing, his leg on fire despite the cold that seems to seep into his bones and his thoughts lost somewhere in the past. He's in a small town in Russia, wishing for John and for Baker Street, and if he doesn't move from this spot soon he could get caught.

March 23, 2014 8:50 am  #80

I really like this story. It's a part of a trilogy and it's very long so if you enjoy it there is plenty to get into. I't slightly AU and involves Sherlock being in a romantic relationship with OC, which isn't everyones cup of tea but the OC is extremely well developed and the whole story is well written.

Madness and Memory Part 1 - Descent by kate221bSherlock Holmes was going mad. He was aware of it, and yet at the same time the thought of preventing it was absolutely inconceivable. Sherlock/OC established relationship. Warnings for references to depression and abuse.

Board footera