BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2013 7:11 pm  #81

Re: We might get an airdate by tomorrow morning

Oh it's only right and proper, just a shame I'm coming home from hol that night!

Last edited by besleybean (November 29, 2013 7:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2013 7:19 pm  #82

How I wish I had been in London to see that...

I love the way they play with us... driving around with a car just to announce an airdate!! It's brilliant, and yet, a little bit scary too... what will they have to do for series 4?? ;)

And a little voice in my head keeps talking... series 3 might be bad and dull and... god, I am actually afraid my expectations might not be met... I'm trying so hard not to have any... but how to do that after such a long time, with all the lovely spoilers, ...?!?

my shock blanket isn't orange, maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work properly...
I won't be able to watch on 1/1/2014 (no internet on holidays) but have to wait... again... while everybody else will be talking about it already... *sniff*

"It is what it is."

November 29, 2013 7:33 pm  #83

Same as me.
I'm just hoping it'll already be on Catch Up TV the next day.

Last edited by besleybean (November 29, 2013 7:33 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2013 7:38 pm  #84

Whisky wrote:

How I wish I had been in London to see that...

I love the way they play with us... driving around with a car just to announce an airdate!! It's brilliant, and yet, a little bit scary too... what will they have to do for series 4?? ;)

And a little voice in my head keeps talking... series 3 might be bad and dull and... god, I am actually afraid my expectations might not be met... I'm trying so hard not to have any... but how to do that after such a long time, with all the lovely spoilers, ...?!?

my shock blanket isn't orange, maybe that's why it doesn't seem to work properly...
I won't be able to watch on 1/1/2014 (no internet on holidays) but have to wait... again... while everybody else will be talking about it already... *sniff*

I know!!   A little late to the party, but…  that's so cool for the rest of you guys!  And when they do crazy tie-ins like that… of course they'd have a hearse announcing the coming of The Empty Hearse.   
I almost feel the same way…  not with expectations, so much, but all those fans I hear being similar with how we've been used to waiting so long, it will feel so strange/weird/nervously uncertain/emotional/what-have-you to actually be watching a new episode again (and one that's so 'loaded'), you know?   What a great way to start the new year….     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 29, 2013 7:42 pm  #85

Yep, always is a good way to start a year.
I personally think they will always air it this way now...assuming we're gonna get similar gaps between each series.

November 29, 2013 8:40 pm  #86

First: I really really liked how they introduced the air date! Great idea! They did it for then fans who are waiting SO long! Touché Moffat & Gatiss or whoever decided to do it that way!!

Second: I´m crying. All my sadest dreams have come true. They will show it while I´m on holiday in the USA. I have prepared my Tablet now and hope that I will have avery good WiFi. BUT - it will air around 12/13pm. Middle of the day. Nothing possible to do before and less after it. My Mum - who joins me - will not be amused.......

Last edited by Sava (November 29, 2013 8:45 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

November 29, 2013 8:43 pm  #87

My husband has been warned he either has to stay out the room or else be silent, when I'm trying to catch up with the Empty Hearse.

November 29, 2013 9:16 pm  #88

Ok, so the UK broadcast is 1/1/14 but no one is yet sure of the time.  Well, when they do announce the time would someone be kind enough to translate that to USA Eastern Standard Time.  No real reason I want to know this, of course.  It's just that inquiring minds want to know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 29, 2013 9:20 pm  #89

KeepersPrice wrote:

Ok, so the UK broadcast is 1/1/14 but no one is yet sure of the time. Well, when they do announce the time would someone be kind enough to translate that to USA Eastern Standard Time. No real reason I want to know this, of course. It's just that inquiring minds want to know.

*winkwink*
*nudgenudge*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 29, 2013 9:20 pm  #90

KeepersPrice wrote:

Ok, so the UK broadcast is 1/1/14 but no one is yet sure of the time. Well, when they do announce the time would someone be kind enough to translate that to USA Eastern Standard Time. No real reason I want to know this, of course. It's just that inquiring minds want to know.

GMT is five hours ahead of EST.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 29, 2013 9:56 pm  #91

So nice to finally have an air date!  And that I didn't find out days later; that's what comes of having a vacation now--I can visit this site more often. 

One thing not mentioned yet is how close the UK and US air dates are.  What a pleasant change from prior series!  I'm real glad the wait for those of us in the US won't be so long this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 29, 2013 10:02 pm  #92

KeepersPrice wrote:

If it's 8pm here, it'll be 3pm over there...

Last edited by kittykat (November 29, 2013 10:02 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 10:24 pm  #93

I can give you the website where I got mine from 

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 30, 2013 12:24 pm  #94

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 30, 2013 1:04 pm  #95

This image is so beautiful! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 30, 2013 6:14 pm  #96

Being lazy ... Is there an air date for Canada yet? Typically, ironically, I am not in the UK (as usual) on 1st January I am in B.C. ! Record will be on at home but...you know...it is just not the same! Hopefully though I should catch the next episode on the 5th as that is the day I get back...although I'll probably (inevitably) be jet lagged!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 30, 2013 6:22 pm  #97

Wow and I thougth it was bad enough for me waiting til the 2nd...as long as it's on Catch Up then!

December 1, 2013 4:40 pm  #98

I'm really pleased with the airdates as I go away on the 14th Jan so it works out perfectly.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 1, 2013 10:44 pm  #99

Still waiting for an Australian airdate I believe...

================================================================

December 2, 2013 10:34 am  #100

All three epis better be knock your socks off amazballs for a 2 year wait.    Usually the second episode on each previous seasons has been lack luster compared to the first and last episodes.

In the words of Sheldon Cooper aka the Great Sheldor "Here are my socks, knock em off"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

Board footera