BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2013 9:48 am  #41

Re: We might get an airdate by tomorrow morning

This is really great. And, yes, a trailer of, say, at least three minutes would be nice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2013 9:51 am  #42

Not that they need to do any kind of promotion for Sherlock, but the idea is... pretty awesome. It's kind of obvious, when you think about it... and that's probably the brilliance of it.

Three minutes... wow, that would knock me out for a whole day at least...!

Oh, and look at this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/82b72601aa193baad1da487bbb5636ef/tumblr_mx0r7dI83n1r3qiywo1_400.jpg

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 29, 2013 9:53 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 29, 2013 9:52 am  #43

*Points to signature*

^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 9:55 am  #44

SolarSystem wrote:

Not that they need to do any kind of promotion for Sherlock, but the idea is... pretty awesome. It's kind of obvious, when you think about it... and that's probably the brilliance of it.

Oh, and look at this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/82b72601aa193baad1da487bbb5636ef/tumblr_mx0r7dI83n1r3qiywo1_400.jpg

Thud. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2013 10:00 am  #45

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, and look at this:

Wow

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 10:09 am  #46

Mhhh, I know I sound terrible ungrateful now, but I am somehow more disappointed than excited. After all this christmas program stuff talking in the last days I had really hoped for an air date in december. I know it is still only five weeks from now on, but well however, I am also sad in some way. Sorry, I suppose that's hard do understand, I am a bit confused myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 29, 2013 10:16 am  #47

Let's see some happy faces:
We waited sooo long to get an airdate. Two years since the second series.
Let's celebrate the day.
(And hope the fourth series will come much sooner).

November 29, 2013 10:21 am  #48

Be wrote:

(And hope the fourth series will come much sooner).

Does anybody of you know Martin's & Benedict's (&Mofftis') working schedule for the foreseeable future? Would they have time to shoot a 4th season soon?

The Game is On!

November 29, 2013 10:23 am  #49

stoertebeker wrote:

Mhhh, I know I sound terrible ungrateful now, but I am somehow more disappointed than excited. After all this christmas program stuff talking in the last days I had really hoped for an air date in december. I know it is still only five weeks from now on, but well however, I am also sad in some way. Sorry, I suppose that's hard do understand, I am a bit confused myself.

Don't worry, I can relate to that. Actually, since Sue's and Mark's announcement yesterday I was pretty convinced they'd show the first episode on December 29... it's a Sunday and it's exactly one month from today. But well... now I have to wait three days longer...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 29, 2013 10:24 am  #50

I know that Martin won't be going back to NZ for another 18 months like last time ^^

November 29, 2013 10:41 am  #51

Marva wrote:

no idea if this is real:

EDIT: according to exploding twitter, it is

feck. I'm going to be in Austria then. I was hoping for december.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 29, 2013 10:53 am  #52

I'll take it that way: So I have enough time to watch season 1 andd 2.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

November 29, 2013 11:07 am  #53

From Sherlockology:

The BBC have just confirmed to us in the full the UK premiere airdates for Sherlock S3 on BBC One.

S3E1: The Empty Hearse will air January 1 2014. 
S3E2: The Sign of Three will air January 5 2014.
S3E3: His Last Bow will air January 12 2014.

November 29, 2013 11:10 am  #54

Wow, two new episodes within five days... I'm not sure if I can take it.

November 29, 2013 11:12 am  #55

Dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter to me if they are few days as expected. Makes me so squirrelly!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 11:43 am  #56

Well, SOMEone is always complaining.
I would love to see it at Christmas, too. But then again - I will be with my family and friends, probably no time to watch it then....
And there are always people who have to work. And it was on the 1st of Jan. last time, too, if I remember right what I've read so far.
And how shall I understand "I actually expected something a bit more dramatic"  Huh???

Shall I go on or are we just happy now?? ;-)

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 29, 2013 11:44 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 29, 2013 11:43 am  #57

33 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mrs. Watson (November 29, 2013 11:44 am)

November 29, 2013 11:57 am  #58

...and the ship will set sail again...

November 29, 2013 11:57 am  #59

Wow!!!! Brilliant pic!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 12:16 pm  #60

SolarSystem wrote:

...and the ship will set sail again...

Behold upon the swelling seas
With streaming pennants gay,
Our gallant ship invites the waves,
While glory leads the way.