BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2013 9:50 pm  #1861

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2013 11:36 pm  #1862

kittykat wrote:

EDIT: Damn, there are some really good photos of them together ^^ A lot are from setlock...

*makes strangling sound on the way to the floor*  Ye gods...  this makes my Johnlock heart go into spasms.

And now I see quite clearly that it is indeed a manip. Oh, well. For purposes of Johnlock, it doesn't matter that it's a manip. All Johnlock is a manip of some kind or other, after all.

Last edited by ancientsgate (November 28, 2013 11:45 pm)

November 28, 2013 11:39 pm  #1863

Edgeucated wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I assure you it's all in your heads.
Not in  the scripts or the perfomances.

Hey,that's a lost battle.Believe me,I share your thoughts(heck,sometimes if I read your comments on things I think"how did you get inside my brain?")
Shippers will ship,see every single glance one character throws to another as loaded with"damn,I will bang you to next Monday later" and interpret every touch as foreplay etc.
I have kinda learned to look around it.

Ah, that's so good of you, edgeucated. I can rest easier tonight, knowing that I'm not a major offense to the non-slashers of the world. What a relief.

November 28, 2013 11:44 pm  #1864

tonnaree wrote:

"damn,I will bang you to next Monday later" 
Hi there Edeucated!  Would you mind if I borrowed that line for occasional use in the real world?     

It's not so far off from Irene's, "I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy....twice," thing.

November 29, 2013 5:21 am  #1865

ancientsgate wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Hey,that's a lost battle.Believe me,I share your thoughts(heck,sometimes if I read your comments on things I think"how did you get inside my brain?")
Shippers will ship,see every single glance one character throws to another as loaded with"damn,I will bang you to next Monday later" and interpret every touch as foreplay etc.

Ah, that's so good of you, edgeucated. I can rest easier tonight, knowing that I'm not a major offense to the non-slashers of the world. What a relief.

I thought something similar, AG.

...and why do you have to call it a lost "battle"? I still don't get how both sides can debate that much about something that can be proven neither right nor wrong.

Last edited by Schmiezi (November 29, 2013 5:22 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 29, 2013 5:56 am  #1866

ancientsgate wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

besleybean wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------
You're on the canon ground, I'm up in crack ship space
Let's start a shipping war, don't care if I get hate.
Don't like my pairings, well, then you can hit the bricks.
This is my OTP, I'll go down with this ship!

November 29, 2013 5:58 am  #1867

kittykat wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Everyone has the right to interpret it however they want without being mocked or berated.

November 29, 2013 7:10 am  #1868

Interpretation is fine, because that's what it is and I didn't see anybody mocking or berating the Slashers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2013 9:24 am  #1869

It happens often enough, believe me.

^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 10:19 am  #1870

besleybean wrote:

Interpretation is fine, because that's what it is and I didn't see anybody mocking or berating the Slashers.

Most of us are very polite on this forum, doing our best to get along, not offend, etc., so rarely does anyone say something really blatantly mocking or berating-- and if they did, I think the mods and administrator would slap them down, and fast.

So, many times, it's the tone of what someone writes that I take exception with, as often happens with cyberspace communication, where we can't see facial expressions and body language or hear the actual tone. I dislike being lectured as though I were a child who needs correction, looked down on as "less than" or being told that my presence in an open forum is being tolerated like one must a bad rash that will go away, given time.

Too touchy? Maybe. But I've hung out in slashy circles for ten years now, and after a awhile, most of us get heartily sick of the attitude of superior-sounding so-called tolerance that's aimed our way, no matter what sort of polite-sounding verbiage is used to couch the writer's scorn, either for me or for my favorite part of fandom.

I appreciate that I seem to be surrounded on this thread by people who really DO tolerate slash and who sincerely believe in live-and-let-live. *group hug with the like-minded folks* Lots of pretty pictures of our boyz too. In the end, it's all good.

November 29, 2013 10:25 am  #1871

ancientsgate wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Most of us are very polite on this forum, doing our best to get along, not offend, etc., so rarely does anyone say something really blatantly mocking or berating-- and if they did, I think the mods and administrator would slap them down, and fast.

So, many times, it's the tone of what someone writes that I take exception with, as often happens with cyberspace communication, where we can't see facial expressions and body language or hear the actual tone. I dislike being lectured as though I were a child who needs correction, looked down on as "less than" or being told that my presence in an open forum is being tolerated like one must a bad rash that will go away, given time.

Too touchy? Maybe. But I've hung out in slashy circles for ten years now, and after a awhile, most of us get heartily sick of the attitude of superior-sounding so-called tolerance that's aimed our way, no matter what sort of polite-sounding verbiage is used to couch the writer's scorn, either for me or for my favorite part of fandom.

I appreciate that I seem to be surrounded on this thread by people who really DO tolerate slash and who sincerely believe in live-and-let-live. *group hug with the like-minded folks* Lots of pretty pictures of our boyz too. In the end, it's all good.

*hugs*

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 29, 2013 10:29 am  #1872

Just for me... I'm against the whole slash-stuff, because it doesn't fit in my universe. But I DON'T HAVE to read these fan fics, do I? And the nearly harmless quotes here don't offend me. So that's ok for me. Live and let live, as you said, ancientsgate.

Last edited by gently69 (November 29, 2013 10:30 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 10:35 am  #1873

gently69 wrote:

Just for me... I'm against the whole slash-stuff, because it doesn't fit in my universe. But I DON'T HAVE to read these fan fics, do I? And the nearly harmless quotes here don't offend me. So that's ok for me. Live and let live, as you said, ancientsgate.

Except that (IMO only, you know) it's not true tolerance if someone has to constantly keep saying how they don't like slash, they don't roll that way, they're against it and the idea of slash doesn't "fit in their universe", because all I hear, every single time, is that we're somehow misguided or something.

It would be the same as me showing up on a Mollylock thread and constantly talking about how mollylock doesn't do it for me, but gee, y'all go on in your sadly misguided way, and I'll be over here tolerating you.

Sorry, I don't think I'm saying this well. And this isn't the thread for this discussion, so I think at this point I'll bow out. Thanks for listening, everyone. I feel better, having said my piece, anyway.

November 29, 2013 10:42 am  #1874

ancientsgate wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Except that (IMO only, you know) it's not true tolerance if someone has to constantly keep saying how they don't like slash, they don't roll that way, they're against it and the idea of slash doesn't "fit in their universe", because all I hear, every single time, is that we're somehow misguided or something.

It would be the same as me showing up on a Mollylock thread and constantly talking about how mollylock doesn't do it for me, but gee, y'all go on in your sadly misguided way, and I'll be over here tolerating you.

Sorry, I don't think I'm saying this well. And this isn't the thread for this discussion, so I think at this point I'll bow out. Thanks for listening, everyone. I feel better, having said my piece, anyway.

Ok, than I'm not tolerant? Because I mentioned it once in this thread (ok perhaps twice... but constantly?) that I don't like slash?
But you are tolerant? And don't accept my opinion? Did I ever mention something about "misguided"?
I don't show up in any Johnlock thread where slash is one of the main topics. But this one here is a simple Sherlock/John pic thread, isn't it?
Perhaps I also have a lanuage problem and didn't understand it in the right way, but if not I don't get it that being tolerant is equal to just accept something without being allowed to state an own opinion.

Oh god... my English skills... hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited by gently69 (November 29, 2013 11:07 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 10:42 am  #1875

I'm with you on this one, AG. To me, tolerance has an undertone of resentment. Like "I'll put up with it because I've got no choice."

November 29, 2013 1:18 pm  #1876

Ok.  Now, let's all join hands and sing Amazing Grace.   

AND SOMEONE POST A NEW PICTURE!  (I can't here at work)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 29, 2013 1:23 pm  #1877

No, you don't really want me to sing.
Certainly posted a hundred times already but I love this scene!!!

Last edited by gently69 (November 29, 2013 1:37 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 1:34 pm  #1878

ancientsgate wrote:

gently69 wrote:

I agree with everything you said, AG. I've been a slasher since I was 14 years old, and I have been given crap about it more then once. Most times it doesn't bother me. The one thing we all have in common is that we are all SHERLOCKians even if we aren't all JOHNLOCKians. And as Sherlockians we should be intelligent enough to respect each other's opinions, Sherlock and John would want it that way.

November 29, 2013 1:36 pm  #1879

Hey, what did I do???????
Am I the baddie now?

Last edited by gently69 (November 29, 2013 1:37 pm)

(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 1:49 pm  #1880

No one is a baddie.  Except Moriarty.

LESS BABBLE MORE HOT MEN!

I got a mattress here waiting for thuds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera