BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2012 11:25 pm  #1

Hellooooo from Minnesota!

How have I not known about this forum before? A link came up this morning on Google news so I thought I'd check it out. I looked around a bit and so far I like what I see very much. So, let me introduce myself.

I've been a Sherlockian for more decades than I care to admit to. In all that time I've seen many adaptations of the Canon -- some of them 'meh' at best and some just godawful -- but I have to admit to loving the SHERLOCK series really, really hard. I'd put it second only to the Jeremy Brett series, frankly. And that's sayin' something because I REALLY love Jeremy Brett.

So, why am I here? I love the series and I think Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are awesome as actors, people and as these characters. So why not hang around with a bunch of people who clearly agree with me? 'Great minds think alike' and all that... 

I think I'll sit down and stay awhile.

June 7, 2012 11:48 pm  #2

Re: Hellooooo from Minnesota!

Welcome to the forums Lovebug!

I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to us rambling lunatics.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 7, 2012 11:53 pm  #3

Welcome, LoveBug54!  I'm new here, too, but I've found it to be a great place and I'm sure you'll enjoy it, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 8, 2012 7:31 am  #4

Hello LoveBug54 and welcome to the forum. I love your user name by the way. Love Bug was a favourite film of mine a long time ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2012 10:36 am  #5

Welcome Lovebug! You will enjoy the community here! Glad to have you!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 8, 2012 3:59 pm  #6

Welcome from the Carolinas! Glad to have you here. Dark or milk? : )

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 9, 2012 1:47 am  #7

Welcome = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 9, 2012 1:54 am  #8

Greetings & salutations from afar.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 9, 2012 2:02 am  #9

Tantalus wrote:

Welcome from the Carolinas! Glad to have you here. Dark or milk? : )

Dark or milk? Yes!

BTW, my daughter is a Tarheel.

Last edited by LoveBug54 (June 9, 2012 2:06 am)

June 9, 2012 2:04 am  #10

Milkomeda wrote:

Welcome = ).

Oh, Canada, my Canadian half salutes you! *waves*

June 9, 2012 2:05 am  #11

Davina wrote:

Hello LoveBug54 and welcome to the forum. I love your user name by the way. Love Bug was a favourite film of mine a long time ago.

I loved those movies when I was a kid. But the name is actually a nickname bestowed on me by a coworker some years ago. It kinda stuck. 

June 9, 2012 2:12 am  #12

welcome lovebug!!   I  too loved the movies.   Also  love THIS site.   so  u  spk fluent chocolate?  how does that go?   LOL  very clever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera