BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2012 10:28 pm  #21

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

horserider99 wrote:

How did we get from Thanksgiving to  shoveling body parts out of a fridge? Hopefully there's not connection....

No, there isn't. 
Quite a long story. I fear you'll have to start with KP's story and then read everything that came afterwards. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2012 10:30 pm  #22

I read the entire thing, but it always astounds me how much a conversation can spiral towards something totally unconnected. I've had some very interesting instances of this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 23, 2012 10:47 pm  #23

It's a bit like Chinese Whispers! Or is it lateral thinking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 23, 2012 10:54 pm  #24

SusiGo wrote:

I'd love to see you shoveling body parts out of the fridge. 

Thumbs! *gasp* And poor John, looking for a snack in the fridge and staring at a head. Can you imagine?  I thought KPs idea of formaldehyde in the bathtub was wonderfully funny--  I can see Sherlock brewing up some kind of large quantity of something gross in there, absolutely. I tell you, the man has no respect!  ha

November 23, 2012 10:56 pm  #25

horserider99 wrote:

I read the entire thing, but it always astounds me how much a conversation can spiral towards something totally unconnected. I've had some very interesting instances of this. 

You have to read all the posts, in order, no interruption, from the Thanksgiving story on. *channels Sherlock* Do pay attention, HR99!  *smile*

November 24, 2012 12:01 am  #26

Well, in the end, all conversations spiral towards Sherlock, so I won't complain.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 24, 2012 2:11 am  #27

ancientsgate wrote:

I thought KPs idea of formaldehyde in the bathtub was wonderfully funny--  I can see Sherlock brewing up some kind of large quantity of something gross in there, absolutely. I tell you, the man has no respect!  ha

Yeah AG - I got tired of all the experiments taking place in the kitchen and thought it was time to move one into the bathroom where even more horrors might await the unwary (and the unfortunate)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 24, 2012 2:58 am  #28

Really good little story, KP. So good that I'll even forgive you for hijacking my Thanksgiving thread...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

November 24, 2012 2:03 pm  #29

Tantalus wrote:

Really good little story, KP. So good that I'll even forgive you for hijacking my Thanksgiving thread...

Sorry Tant - I didn't know where else to put it. . Something so silly doesn't deserve to be on the fan fic thread - but glad you liked it anyway. 

Thanksgiving should be over, shouldn't it; but my daughter and her hubby and the new baby are coming tomorrow to celebrate since they went to his family for the 'real' Thanksgiving.  I'm cooking. So on and on the holiday goes!  Therefore, Happy Continued Thanksgiving every one - because we should be thankful every day of the year for what we have.

November 24, 2012 4:14 pm  #30

Hey, I can combine Tantalus' and Keepers Price's ideas:

I am thankful for this forum, which nourishes my interest in Sherlock.  Thanks for the creative Thanksgiving story, KP--really clever!

I am also thankful for: having a secure job, a home I can afford, time (though never enough) to indulge in pasttimes that I enjoy, and family and friends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 28, 2013 12:59 am  #31

Another year has passed and here it is Thanksgiving 2013.  Just want to say that I'm so thankful for this forum and everyone on it.  You have sustained me over these past 18 months and have helped keep the Sherlock flame burning brightly.  Good friends, good discussion, some good meet-ups - what could be better!  (Well okay, maybe one thing could be better - Sherlock Series 3, soon for all of us!)

November 28, 2013 3:39 am  #32

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it  I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time ever, so I've been working all day on dinner.  I can't wait to sit down to a meal with my family and being together.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 28, 2013 4:23 am  #33

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
Meister Eckhart 

This is one of my all time favorite quotes and I try to take it to heart.  Far too many times we measure our lives in what we lack, what we're not.  But if you turn that around, if you take a moment to measure your life in love you will realize how rich you are.  (Credit to RENT).

Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 28, 2013 5:21 am  #34

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys across the pond!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 28, 2013 7:42 am  #35

To all Americans: Happy Thanksgiving, have a nice day! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 28, 2013 12:37 pm  #36

^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 28, 2013 1:22 pm  #37

Happy Thanksgiving all the Americans on board!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 28, 2013 6:31 pm  #38

Aww, how sweet.   Thanks to/for all of you, too!  Despite having to work the madhouse sales today (sigh), am lucky family is right in town, to enjoy a gathering feast tomorrow.  And for having all the basics in life taken care of.  And the fun 'extras' like all my favorite entertainments, treats, and people.  And the internet/forum where I can share it with others.  Been here a year and so glad I found!  And Sherlock.    Did I mention Sherlock?      

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 28, 2013 7:41 pm  #39

Russell wrote:

Aww, how sweet. Thanks to/for all of you, too! Despite having to work the madhouse sales today (sigh), am lucky family is right in town, to enjoy a gathering feast tomorrow. And for having all the basics in life taken care of. And the fun 'extras' like all my favorite entertainments, treats, and people. And the internet/forum where I can share it with others. Been here a year and so glad I found! And Sherlock. Did I mention Sherlock?

Sorry you had to work the sales today but I hope the time flew past.  Enjoy your family gathering tomorrow.

Thanks to the fans and hard-working moderators on the forum for a fun place to hang out and be a little crazy.  You don't know them, but all my non-Sherlock friends thank you too for creating this diversion ;-)

As you can tell from my sig, I love sharing holidays and their traditions.  Happy Thanksgiving.

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

November 28, 2013 11:49 pm  #40

Thanks for all the nice Thanksgiving wishes sent to us Americans. We had a cold, bright sunny day, which was nice. Got together with part of the family and everyone ate too much, but we all had a laugh or two, and it was fun. Thanksgiving always reminds me of that old ditty of a Sunday School song that goes, "Count your many blessings, name them one by one...."

Board footera