BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2013 11:14 am  #1

Hello, my beloved Sherlockians!

Hey-o! I'm SofD (short for Sylph of Doom, if there are any Homestuck fans out there). I became Sherlock obsessed about a month and a half ago, maybe two, when I marathoned it with my moirail. I'd discovered the show through crossover fanfictions. Ironically, the only fanfics I ever read now are Sherlock fanfics. I'd actually seen pieces of the show before through my father, but hadn't recognized it until I started watching. Yes, I know, shocking that the father gets into popular media before the child. Gasp!

It works out, though. A Sherlock fan since a ripe, young age, my father got me into the original books long before the BBC modernization came out. Thanks to him, I've read several Sherlock Holmes novels and know lots of factoids about the content and creation of others. As appreciation, this sentence is dedicated to dad. That one right there.

As referenced in my user name, I'm also a Homestuck fan. The only other major fandoms I'm in beside these two are MLP and Warriors, but I've dabbled in Night Vale, Supernatural, Anime, and Pokemon. I dream of the day when I finally get netflix and can watch all the shows I keep hearing about, such as the aforementioned Supernatural. Until then, I have to settle for the few episodes I can watch at my moirail's house. It is a sad existence.

I mainly joined these forums so I can have a place to go when I come across interesting tidbits that I want to share with the world. Upon discovery of a roleplaying section, however, I suspect that this forum will slowly eat up all of my time. It would be a good way to go.

So, that's all that I can think to say right now. If you're on MSPA forums, I'm there as QofD, and my pesterchum is queendomDoom. I hope you'll hear from me soon. Bye!

November 26, 2013 11:19 am  #2

Re: Hello, my beloved Sherlockians!

"a good way to go" - LOL! Warm welcome here! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 26, 2013 11:46 am  #3

Welcome, SofD, look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 28, 2013 1:31 pm  #4

Hello and welcome to the forum SofD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 28, 2013 3:22 pm  #5

Welcome, SofD! Kettle's just boiled, can we offer you a cuppa? 

Board footera