BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2013 12:55 pm  #141

Re: New Trailer!

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, it might tell him one or two things about the people he has left behind. Visiting his own grave and seeing that someone (John, Mrs. Hudson...?) apparently brought flowers on a regular basis... should tell him that somebody missed him, that... he really had a friend or even friends...

I agree ^ 

Flowers and mementos left at the grave could also be his loyal fans keeping the memory alive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 28, 2013 2:48 pm  #142

Indeed it could be.
But I'd rather think it's his loved ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2013 3:45 pm  #143

I really like the trailer. 

The first time I watched it, I thought it was hilarious--a great mixing of elements from the show with an acknowledgment of fandom.  But I was a little confused about the woman with the nose ring, wondering who she was.  And I didn't recognize Anderson for who he was! 

Then I watched it a few more times, after reading the comments here, and a had a few more reactions: I agree that it's Sherlock at the gravesite; I think the flowers are more likely from his fans (of which we know from Series 2 there are many); I really don't like John with a mustache!; I have no idea what Anderson and the others were doing in that apartment/flat and don't want to speculate as many others here have already come up with lots of possibilities; I wondered why Anderson doesn't have a cell phone of his own--he has to look at someone else's to see the message--why?; I loved all the text messages appearing on screen--a clear link back to Pink so reminding us of the continuity of the series, even though the directors are not the same for Series 3; but the multitude of texts also kind of reminded me of the end of Hounds, when we see Moriarty in the cell and he's scribbled Sherlock all over the walls.

But what I really want to know is: When two people are opening doors for Sherlock, after the shot of John--where is Sherlock going???  It looks like he is walking into a business establishment--could it be the restaurant where John was in the first trailer?  I love how Sherlock strides confidently through the doors; it's as if they are the kind that automatically open when a person nears them, instead of being manually opened by two people.  Is this the scene when John finds out Sherlock is still alive?

I know that "trailer" and "teaser" are used interchangeably but I think this video is much more a true teaser than a trailer, in that it is playing with the audience and clearly was designed to provoke comment about it.  So ti has worked brilliantly!

As for not announcing a date, perhaps the BBC still hasn't figured that out.  I read somewhere that such decisions are made very close to air date so maybe they really haven't decided yet when to broadcast the show.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

November 28, 2013 3:49 pm  #144

Wednesday we'll know;  Xmas TV schedule released.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2013 11:42 am  #145

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/69067522089/christmas-2013-on-the-bbc-x

A few new snippets in this Christmas trailer- when will we get the real thing???

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

December 5, 2013 12:37 pm  #146

Kerkerian wrote:

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/69067522089/christmas-2013-on-the-bbc-x

A few new snippets in this Christmas trailer- when will we get the real thing???

Thank God for Tumblr and the GIFs because I can't watch the Xmas trilaer from Chile 

January 1, 2014 11:16 am  #147

Here is a new BBC One trailer, it's a general one, but it has some tiny bits of new Sherlock footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP5Rl_QloAM

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 1, 2014 1:00 pm  #148

SolarSystem wrote:

Here is a new BBC One trailer, it's a general one, but it has some tiny bits of new Sherlock footage!

*squee* It isn't normal that I went nuts at basically every little teeny snippet I saw (and heard *squeals* )...but who cares about normal anyway?  

-------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2014 1:18 pm  #149

Whose house was Sherlock walking away from? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 1, 2014 1:21 pm  #150

kittykat wrote:

And it was snowing!!! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (January 1, 2014 1:21 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

January 1, 2014 1:39 pm  #151

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

*squee* It isn't normal that I went nuts at basically every little teeny snippet I saw (and heard *squeals* )...but who cares about normal anyway?  

Or as Sherlock would say: ...who cares about decent...

kittykat wrote:

Maybe John's???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 1, 2014 1:43 pm  #152

gently69 wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Maybe John's???

Like in Many Happy Returns when the doorbell rings and John gets up to answer it? But I think Sherlock's out of the country at this time...unless it's later on...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera