BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2013 1:43 am  #1

Hello from Canada!

Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to this whole Sherlock phenomenon, though now -- after gobbling up both series -- I can't believe it took me so long. What colour are my red red cheeks?

Lovely to meet you all. Let's have some fun with this introduction.

My name is Chris. I'm Canadian; you can tell as much by the subject of this post, and because up there ^ I spelled 'colour' with a 'u' (thanks, Brits). I'm currently wearing the same sweater I've worn for three days, which means I'm either a university student during exam time or an adult with poor personal hygiene, but I've chosen to share this information with all of the Internet, so that points toward the former. It is, after all, more socially acceptable to be unwashed as a student -- or an artist. Hopefully. Otherwise I've already lost your friendship.

If I hoped to be an artist -- say, based on love of Sherlock and attempts to be articulate, a writer -- I'd probably try very hard to write a clever introduction, which means I'm either going to be insufferable or entertaining. I hope it's the former; it really would be great to make friends with you guys.

I can see why Sherlock plays this game. It's fun. Did I give anything else away?

November 27, 2013 5:02 am  #2

Re: Hello from Canada!

Welcome Chris and have fun here!
And no, you didn't give anything away. All I can deduce from your introduction is that you're from South Africa, collect model trains and have a canary called Gwendolen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 27, 2013 5:22 am  #3

Damn, I thought the canariy's name was "Minerva".

Welcome, Chris. What an unsusual introduction.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 27, 2013 8:04 am  #4

Hi, warm welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 27, 2013 8:14 am  #5

Hello!
A very interesting introduction.
I'm also quite new in this forum but enjoy it very much. I can recommend it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 27, 2013 8:22 am  #6

Welcome, Chris, I really like your introduction. Hope you will have lots of fun here. You arrived just in time for the big season 3 countdown. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 27, 2013 8:22 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2013 1:56 pm  #7

Hello Chris, a warm welcome

November 27, 2013 3:25 pm  #8

YAY! Another fellow Canadian!  Welcome to the forum! 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 27, 2013 3:37 pm  #9

Hi Chris,
you clearly accompished your goal to write an entertaining introduction.
I am looking forward to read more posts.

Welcome
Be

November 27, 2013 11:21 pm  #10

Wow, thanks, everyone!  Can't wait to speculate wildly with you guys.

tobeornot221b and Schmiezi: nice catch with the canary. Sherlock would be proud.

November 28, 2013 1:26 pm  #11

Hello and welcome to the forum Chris! Another Canadian member and I thoroughly approve of the spelling! Anyway it is great to have you on board...eh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera