BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2013 10:31 pm  #1821

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

besleybean wrote:

I assure you it's all in your heads. Not in the scripts or the perfomances.

We know that. Anyone over the age of 12 would know that, don'tcha think? We who are into Johnlock are into it because it's FUN. For us, anyway. Just like a ride on a roller coaster-- some call that fun, others would call it a waste of time and money. Each to his own, right?

November 27, 2013 10:35 pm  #1822

besleybean wrote:

Not getting into this again and not on a picture thread.
But we know what the writers and actors have said.
Sigh.

bb, you can't come onto a Sherlock/John thread and expect to have what you said go unchallenged. We're not stupid-- we know what we see, and we know what we fantasize about, and we know that the two things are very different. I personally don't give a fig what the writers and actors said-- they did what they did and then put their product out there, and if I choose to paint it pink and ride it around like a pony, then that's my right as a consumer of the art they produced, I am not wrong to do so. OK, back to the pictures.....

November 27, 2013 10:42 pm  #1823

ancientsgate wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Not getting into this again and not on a picture thread.
But we know what the writers and actors have said.
Sigh.

bb, you can't come onto a Sherlock/John thread and expect to have what you said go unchallenged. We're not stupid-- we know what we see, and we know what we fantasize about, and we know that the two things are very different. I personally don't give a fig what the writers and actors said-- they did what they did and then put their product out there, and if I choose to paint it pink and ride it around like a pony, then that's my right as a consumer of the art they produced, I am not wrong to do so. OK, back to the pictures.....

Where's a 'Like' button when you need one?

----------------------------------------------------------
You're on the canon ground, I'm up in crack ship space
Let's start a shipping war, don't care if I get hate.
Don't like my pairings, well, then you can hit the bricks.
This is my OTP, I'll go down with this ship!

November 27, 2013 10:46 pm  #1824

."..... and if I choose to paint it pink and ride it around like a pony, then that's my right as a consumer of the art they produced,"

Hope you don't mind AG but I am totally stealing this line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 27, 2013 10:49 pm  #1825

besleybean wrote:

No it's not. Not according to actors and writers.

Who are all men and who are also full of baloney. I think Mark G. especially knew exactly what he was writing when he wrote it, and I think the actors knew exactly how far to take the dialogue and staging, and in what direction. IMO all of Sherlock and John's friendship was written and acted to DELIBERATELY lead us to Johnlock, if we so chose to go there, as individuals-- it's interesting, it's good business because it generates chat, and it's no less morally acceptable than if they were Sherlock and Joan, like in the US's Elementary. The BBC would obviously rather not "go there" and actually show physical affection between S and J, but aside from that, IMO again, I think viewers would have to be actually blind, lol, not to at least see the potential for Johnlock, whether or not they like it.  OK, back to the pictures.... didn't I already say that?  Sorry.

November 27, 2013 10:49 pm  #1826

May I do it, too, ag? 

Last edited by Harriet (November 27, 2013 10:52 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 27, 2013 10:51 pm  #1827

ancientsgate wrote:

besleybean wrote:

No it's not. Not according to actors and writers.

Who are all men and who are also full of baloney. I think Mark G. especially knew exactly what he was writing when he wrote it, and I think the actors knew exactly how far to take the dialogue and staging, and in what direction. IMO all of Sherlock and John's friendship was written and acted to DELIBERATELY lead us to Johnlock, if we so chose to go there, as individuals-- it's interesting, it's good business because it generates chat, and it's no less morally acceptable than if they were Sherlock and Joan, like in the US's Elementary. The BBC would obviously rather not "go there" and actually show physical affection between S and J, but aside from that, IMO again, I think viewers would have to be actually blind, lol, not to at least see the potential for Johnlock, whether or not they like it.  OK, back to the pictures.... didn't I already say that?  Sorry.

Give me a 'Like' button dangit!!!

November 27, 2013 10:51 pm  #1828

tonnaree wrote:

Behold the pretties.

A guy could do worse for a boyfriend. So could a girl. They are ATTRACTIVE. *smirk*

November 27, 2013 10:51 pm  #1829

A big thumbs up from me to Neptune and AG  ^_^

I know that some people ship Sherlock/Molly, for example. I don't see it myself but I don't go around slamming those who do...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 27, 2013 10:54 pm  #1830

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Behold the pretties.

A guy could do worse for a boyfriend. So could a girl. They are ATTRACTIVE. *smirk*

And what's more: they are attractive together!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 27, 2013 10:54 pm  #1831

Somebody ask for a Like button?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 27, 2013 10:55 pm  #1832

tonnaree wrote:

."..... and if I choose to paint it pink and ride it around like a pony, then that's my right as a consumer of the art they produced,"
Hope you don't mind AG but I am totally stealing this line.

*giggle*  It's all yours. You know, I suck like a black hole at producing my own art in any form, but the universe made me an uber-appreciator, and I'm totally aware that art appreciation is highly subjective.

November 27, 2013 10:55 pm  #1833

kittykat wrote:

A big thumbs up from me to Neptune and AG  ^_^

I know that some people ship Sherlock/Molly, for example. I don't see it myself but I don't go around slamming those who do...

Thank you Kat!

It's bad enough that the Non-Johnlockians started attacking the Johnlocians back when we found out that Mary was coming to the show. So many posts read "HAHAHA! YOUR SHIP IS SINKING!" We don't need someone coming into a Sherlock/John thread and tellings us that we are wrong, or crazy, or making things up. It hurt my feelings when a follow Sherlockian made just a hurtful comment, and that's why I said something. I still love you though, BB!

November 27, 2013 10:57 pm  #1834

kittykat wrote:

Somebody ask for a Like button?

AWESOME! Thank you!

November 27, 2013 10:59 pm  #1835

Harriet wrote:

May I do it, too, ag?

What, paint the show pink and ride it around like a pony? Sure. *hands Harriet a brush, a bucket of pink paint and some tack*  Go for it.  But you know what?  I suspect many if not most of us on this thread have already done this, even though they didn't put it in so many words. *smile*

November 27, 2013 11:05 pm  #1836

No, use that fine quote of yours? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 27, 2013 11:06 pm  #1837

Harriet wrote:

No, use that fine quote of yours?

Sure. Can't think why not.

November 27, 2013 11:12 pm  #1838

ancientsgate wrote:

But you know what?  I suspect many if not most of us on this thread have already done this, even though they didn't put it in so many words. *smile*

The thing is: However many words you use in this 'debate', in the end it all lies in the eye of the beholder - as it always is the case when it comes to art.
All art 'is just in our heads', it's in the head of every single one of us, Johnlock or bromance, and we all make something different out of it - as Harriet already mentioned earlier.
And that's how it should be with art, in my opinion. And it really can't be any other way, can it? Even two Johnlockians will have different ideas about their personal Johnlock, Johnlock does not mean the exact same thing to all Johnlockians.

And I've never been a fan of this "the author said this, the director said that"-argument. Because to me it means nothing. It might be interesting to hear why they did what they did and what their intentions might have been. But like some of you already mentioned: the reader of a book or the viewer of a film will read or see something else. That's just the nature of things.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 27, 2013 11:15 pm  #1839

SolarSystem wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

But you know what?  I suspect many if not most of us on this thread have already done this, even though they didn't put it in so many words. *smile*

The thing is: However many words you use in this 'debate', in the end it all lies in the eye of the beholder - as it always is the case when it comes to art.
All art 'is just in our heads', it's in the head of every single one of us, Johnlock or bromance, and we all make something different out of it - as Harriet already mentioned earlier.
And that's how it should be with art, in my opinion. And it really can't be any other way, can it? Even two Johnlockians will have different ideas about their personal Johnlock, Johnlock does not mean the exact same thing to all Johnlockians.

And I've never been a fan of this "the author said this, the director said that"-argument. Because to me it means nothing. It might be interesting to hear why they did what they did and what their intentions might have been. But like some of you already mentioned: the reader of a book or the viewer of a film will read or see something else. That's just the nature of things.

November 28, 2013 12:43 am  #1840

SolarSystem wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Behold the pretties.

And what's more: they are attractive together!

I've been to that pillar!! With Tobe!  But as pretty as we both are, we don't look like these two.  Damn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera