BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2013 1:17 pm  #21

Re: JOHN HAS A NEW BLOG POST!!!.

Maybe. Mrs Hudson posted in John's blog from downstairs though.
I really like the days now when we don't know what will happen but look at the trailer to read someting like looking into a tea cup to read the fortune.

November 25, 2013 1:25 pm  #22

It's so close....I can taste Series 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 26, 2013 12:30 am  #23

I thought the new blog posting had a very good 'John' sound to it. There was some sadness in it but a definite sense that he has moved on - which I think is very 'John' because of what we saw of him at the graveside.  He said his piece, gave his military nod, and walked resolutely away.  As a doctor and a soldier he has had to leave many friends and patient's in his past because of death; and while difficult, he has managed to cope.

While I love the fan fics that have an extremely emotional John mourning and grieving and  suicidal at Sherlock's death, I just never really saw that as 'reality - not ACD reality or BBC reality. 

Loved the last comment on the blog: "Who's Mary?"  LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 26, 2013 12:36 am  #24

KeepersPrice wrote:

I thought the new blog posting had a very good 'John' sound to it. There was some sadness in it but a definite sense that he has moved on - which I think is very 'John' because of what we saw of him at the graveside. He said his piece, gave his military nod, and walked resolutely away. As a doctor and a soldier he has had to leave many friends and patient's in his past because of death; and while difficult, he has managed to cope.

While I love the fan fics that have an extremely emotional John mourning and grieving and suicidal at Sherlock's death, I just never really saw that as 'reality - not ACD reality or BBC reality.

Loved the last comment on the blog: "Who's Mary?" LOL!

I agree. As someone who doesn't read fan fiction, I can say that the blog seemed very John to me.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 26, 2013 6:41 am  #25

I agree and this exchange confirms my worst fears...
I personally always try and separate what's actually been shown on screen and my head canon.
Having said that.
John is still damaged, so how about we give him a break?
He may  be a bit stilted.
Once the boys are back together, I'm sure John'll be back to his jaunty self.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 27, 2013 12:57 am  #26

The date, 20th April, does it mean sth? When did Sherlock come back in canon?
ok, this might sound like a stupid question... just came to my mind.

"It is what it is."

November 27, 2013 8:34 am  #27

no idea about the date, but I was also wondering how much time has passed in the Sherlock universe. Sherlock 'died' in June, the new post is from April, so do you think it is from the very next year? I know in canon it is 3 years or something like that, but I think it is a bit strange to revive an abandoned blog after such a long time.

The Game is On!

November 27, 2013 11:52 am  #28

It has been 2 years since Sherlock's "death". It was said in the official BBC release.

November 27, 2013 11:55 am  #29

Mrs. Watson wrote:

It has been 2 years since Sherlock's "death". It was said in the official BBC release.

thanks for clarifying

oooooh poor John, I feel so sorry for him

The Game is On!

November 27, 2013 5:20 pm  #30

I feel sorry for him but not THAT sorry!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 28, 2013 4:02 pm  #31

Well, this is interesting. Time passes, John eventually makes new friends (supportive friends, friends who want to have a drink). Still remembers Sherlock fondly, of course, but what else can John do but try to move on?

Then Sherlock returns. Ta-da! How does John feel? Angry, because he went through hell mourning his best friend. Relieved that he's still alive. And what else? Maybe a little bit mistrustful, because Sherlock lied to him for so long. Maybe a little awkward, because John's life is different now -- different friends, maybe a different living situation or different career path. Is there still room for Sherlock in John's life? Surely. But in what capacity?

In any case, well done, writers! Let's see this relationship get complicated.

November 28, 2013 10:02 pm  #32

ChrisHale wrote:

Well, this is interesting. Time passes, John eventually makes new friends (supportive friends, friends who want to have a drink). Still remembers Sherlock fondly, of course, but what else can John do but try to move on?

Then Sherlock returns. Ta-da! How does John feel? Angry, because he went through hell mourning his best friend. Relieved that he's still alive. And what else? Maybe a little bit mistrustful, because Sherlock lied to him for so long. Maybe a little awkward, because John's life is different now -- different friends, maybe a different living situation or different career path. Is there still room for Sherlock in John's life? Surely. But in what capacity?

In any case, well done, writers! Let's see this relationship get complicated.

Get?   Get?    ROTFGMBO

(rolling on the floor giggling my bum off)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 8, 2013 1:23 pm  #33

A new post is there
http://www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk/blog/26april

Did John really mean Sherlock loved that hat?!

December 8, 2013 1:26 pm  #34

Never mind the bloody hat.
The Cluedo!
What a clue!

December 8, 2013 1:32 pm  #35

Why I missed that

December 8, 2013 1:41 pm  #36

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me!
I just tweeted my U.S Sherlockian pal and she was like: well I realised the significance of the The Cluedo mention right after Reichenbach!
THE VICTIM DID IT HIMSELF...faked his own death.

December 8, 2013 1:46 pm  #37

Oh John!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 8, 2013 3:19 pm  #38

"I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL!"
Sauron1976

Apparently, Smaug commented...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 8, 2013 3:59 pm  #39

Is it possible to send a virtual bitchslap to that last commenter on his blog? *growls* Nobody talks about Sherlock like that!!!! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 9, 2013 1:23 am  #40

kittykat wrote:

Is it possible to send a virtual bitchslap to that last commenter on his blog? *growls* Nobody talks about Sherlock like that!!!! 

You wanna bitchslap the most evil dude in Middle Earth?  He might turn a dragon lose on you.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera