BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2012 4:32 pm  #61

Re: Sherlock Holmes Quiz Thread

tanatalus   is correct for number 1 ...somebody please  answer it  then this poor kitty won't have to eat the deer hat that Sherlock put into my bowl. you might have to backread a bit..tedious, I KNOW!!     MEOW!!!

Sorry  Molly  Your answer for number 1 is wrong.  try again   anytime you want to.   

Ok  today  is  June 5, 2012.   I  have a quiz  with only  6  questions.     

This quiz is all about comparisons and similarities. 

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game  (JM)  and with  Hounds Of Baskerville   (BF) episodes.   Can you name it?  (Hint—it has to do with a certain kind of number)
  (not bombs, sorry)   

2.   In BBC’s Hounds episode, John noticed a receipt for Meat Supplies  at the vegetarian restaurant.  The first  word on that paper has a connection to a name that is familiar to Arthur Conan Doyle (and his followers).  What is it?   

3.  There’s a dog  in  Arthur Conan Doyle’s  canon story  “The Sign Of Four��    and  in  the 1986 movie called “The Great Mouse Detective��   with the same name.   What is the dog’s name?   
  Toby Answered by tantalus 

4.  What two writers of BBC’s Sherlock also write for Doctor Who? 
The three of them. Moffat is the one with most episodes, Gatiss has written a few and Thompson wrote, at least, "The curse of the Black Spot" which I casually rewatched yesterday   answered by  Irene Adler   

5.  There is one similarity between BBC’s Scandal in Belgravia (The driver of the backfiring car) and Doyle’s story called  “The Priory School��   (The Headmaster/teacher).  What did both men do,  upon arriving at 221B Baker Street?   
(not explosions, sorry)   

6.   In BBC’s  Great  Game,  there’s something painted on Sherlock’s wall above his couch, which he shot at, and   which  sort of reminds me of a  Doyle canon story.   What is painted on the wall,  and what story  does  it remind YOU  of?   
  A yellow smiley face (from spray-can paints) reminds me of The Adventure of the Yellow Face  Answered by Molly Hooper   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 7, 2012 11:48 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 7, 2012 8:49 pm  #62

I will be honest.
NO

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 7, 2012 11:33 pm  #63

ok.   Here's another update. No rules,  just answer the quiz. If you're right I'll let you know.  Have fun.    This kitty needs a nap. 

start date is june 5  2012.   I  have a quiz  with only  6  questions

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game  (Jim Moriarty)  and with  Hounds Of Baskerville   (Bob Frankland)    Can you name it?  (Hint—it has to do with a certain kind of number)
  (not bombs, sorry)   

2.   In BBC’s Hounds episode, John noticed a receipt for Meat Supplies  at the vegetarian restaurant.  The first  word on that paper has a connection to a name that is familiar to Arthur Conan Doyle (and his followers).  What is it?   

3.  There’s a dog  in  Arthur Conan Doyle’s  canon story  “The Sign Of Four��    and  in  the 1986 movie called “The Great Mouse Detective��   with the same name.   What is the dog’s name?   

The three of them. Moffat is the one with most episodes, Gatiss has written a few and Thompson wrote, at least, "The curse of the Black Spot" which I casually rewatched yesterday   answered by  Irene Adler   

5.  There is one similarity between BBC’s Scandal in Belgravia (The driver of the backfiring car) and Doyle’s story called  “The Priory School��   (The Headmaster/teacher).  What did both men do,  upon arriving at 221B Baker Street?   
They fainted.  This answer is credited to both Tantalus and Kazza.     

6.   In BBC’s  Great  Game,  there’s something painted on Sherlock’s wall above his couch, which he shot at, and   which  sort of reminds me of a  Doyle canon story.   What is painted on the wall,  and what story  does  it remind YOU  of?   
  A yellow smiley face (from spray-can paints) reminds me of The Adventure of the Yellow Face  Answered by Molly Hooper   

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 8, 2012 1:41 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 8, 2012 5:35 am  #64

Undershaw Meat Supplies

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 8, 2012 5:54 am  #65

you are correct, Kazza.   I  couldn't get my head round it when I first saw it.  .thanks for playing. 

Ok  this quiz started   June 5, 2012.   There are only  6  questions

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game  (Jim Moriarty)  and with  Hounds Of Baskerville   (Bob Frankland))   What did those men  give  to Sherlock?  (Hint—it has to do with a certain kind of number)

Undershaw Meat Supplies  answered by kazza 

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 8, 2012 5:55 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 8, 2012 8:39 am  #66

1. They both gave Sherlock their PHONE number?

Last edited by Molly Hooper (June 8, 2012 8:40 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 8, 2012 2:20 pm  #67

that's right,  molly!!   thanks for fininshing this little quiz.   

Ok  this quiz started   June 5, 2012.  Ended today  June 8th—this quiz is done.  Thanks for playing all of you.  Ok   I'm done quizzing for awhile--  Anyone else want to have a go at quizzing,  go ahead.

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game  (Jim Moriarty)  and with  Hounds Of Baskerville   (Bob Frankland))   What did those men  give  to Sherlock?  (Hint—it has to do with a certain kind of number)
  They both gave Sherlock their PHONE number?  Answered by Molly Hooper 

Undershaw Meat Supplies  answered by kazza 

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 8, 2012 2:21 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 8, 2012 3:07 pm  #68

Congrats everyone and thanks for your efforts kitty.

I believe Tantalus has a quiz for us next.
Thinking caps on in readiness people, the games's afoot!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 8, 2012 3:09 pm  #69

Okay--I'll post tomorrow. Brush up on your canon, everyone. This quiz will be drawn exclusively from the original stories...

BTW, great quiz kitty!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 8, 2012 3:10 pm  #70

ohhhhhhhhh this'll be good.
Make a new thread for it so it doesn't get confusing Tanty.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 8, 2012 5:05 pm  #71

I'm polishing the can(n)on as we speak!
But remember...dust is eloquent!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 8, 2012 11:15 pm  #72

kazza  and tantalus--  thanks for your kind words.   Next time  I'd  like to do an image puzzle,  either a crossword or a wordsearch.  I  think everyone wud enjoy that.   There's also a tile type game,  but  That's a bit complicated.   No,  it's not like Cluedo----

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 9, 2012 2:40 pm  #73

Working on the quiz--should be up in an hour or so. Kitty, I like the idea of an "image" quiz, with snapshots from the show that we have to figure out (what episode, context, etc.). Obviously, would have to be pretty selective so as not to be too easy, but could be fun...

June 9, 2012 2:48 pm  #74

Make a new thread for it thanks tanty.

I have a few ideas for image based questions; remember though that not everyone can load images very fast & some are on low downloads or dial up. A mix of both image & text is better if possible.

I have heaps of questions to pose but I am going to take a 'backseat' and neither pose quizzes or do them. So if anyone gets stuck, please message me for ideas or questions. Be warned ; some are very hard!

So think about making ones that have 3 categories; easy (ain't that hard to answer); hard ( need research) & expert ( gotta look outside the square) but all have a definite answer that is 'findable' online; not theory or interpretation related.
You don't have to use my questions; but it gives you ideas on what to do.
\

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 9, 2012 2:51 pm  #75

kazza,

I will be disappointed if you don't do my canon quiz, as you're one of our best canon experts on here. Period. I mean, full stop. 

June 9, 2012 3:08 pm  #76

Tantalus wrote:

kazza,

I will be disappointed if you don't do my canon quiz, as you're one of our best canon experts on here. Period. I mean, full stop. 

I take up your challenge sir with vigour & vim! ... tomorow my head will hurt soon, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 9, 2012 4:25 pm  #77

New quiz posted. Good luck to everyone!

June 9, 2012 4:36 pm  #78

Tantalus wrote:

Working on the quiz--should be up in an hour or so. Kitty, I like the idea of an "image" quiz, with snapshots from the show that we have to figure out (what episode, context, etc.). Obviously, would have to be pretty selective so as not to be too easy, but could be fun...

I  thought we had a thread that does just this,  on the games section?  But, yeah,  I  could do something like this. 

crosswords and wordsearches  for me are easy to make and update.  you'll see  if I do it.  text  is provided with the image.  There MIGHT be instructions,  but  players won't have to do the images;  that's for ME  to do when I update.   I'd  sure like to get one with the london EYE (that big giant wheel thingie)    in the background.   I  have it  on  my  desktop,  but Sherlock's lovely black hair is sort  of in the way.   No  matter.  I'm good at editing.   MEOW!!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 10, 2012 5:39 am  #79

well,  SH  can  put my  questions onto the locked thread now....how do I  get him to do that?  Does he take kitty treats?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera