BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 25, 2013 9:22 am  #201

Re: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2013

And I haven't yet begun 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 25, 2013 9:58 am  #202

Harriet wrote:

And I haven't yet begun

oh, what's the matter?

My own state of affairs: I - am - almost - finished *groan*!
I think in the end I will also have around 2000 words, it is just not possible for me to write more in that amount of time because I am just so incredibly slow!!

Oh, and I also start to get more and more excited to read everyone else's works, especially the one that I 'ordered' , haha! I really enjoy the creative and supportive atmosphere in this thread and hope that this will not be the last joint venture in this regard.

The Game is On!

November 25, 2013 10:55 am  #203

Harriet wrote:

And I haven't yet begun

Let me know if I can be of any assistance, okay?
I'm sure once you start writing it'll almost write itself... but I know, finding the time to start...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 25, 2013 2:15 pm  #204

It's not exactly the time to start, but having an unfocussed/focussed mind  - thanks! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 25, 2013 2:37 pm  #205

Harriet wrote:

It's not exactly the time to start, but having an unfocussed/focussed mind - thanks!

if there is anything I could do (throwing some catchwords at you to switch on your inspiration or whatever) just give a shout

Edit: you may also do this via PM to avoid spoilers here (if I am not the recipient of the story of course :-D)

Last edited by Marva (November 25, 2013 2:38 pm)

The Game is On!

November 25, 2013 3:04 pm  #206

That's very nice of you, Marva! And very thoughtful, too!
I will think about it, thanks!

November 25, 2013 3:35 pm  #207

Harriet wrote:

That's very nice of you, Marva! And very thoughtful, too!
I will think about it, thanks!

Harriet, it's no problem if you need more time. As long as I know in advance, any of the participants can PM me if they won't be able to finish the story till the 30th, as I can push their stories back a little; we do have some room till Christmas, after all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 25, 2013 3:41 pm  #208

Push my story back then, please. I know that this option exists, I will still try and make it for 30th, if possible 

November 25, 2013 3:50 pm  #209

Harriet wrote:

Push my story back then, please. I know that this option exists, I will still try and make it for 30th, if possible

Okay, but don't pressure yourself. We're not in uni here (thank God)!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 25, 2013 3:55 pm  #210

You can put mine quite at the beginning as it is finished and not so very long. So those who need more time and write longer fics do not have to hurry. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 25, 2013 4:12 pm  #211

Great! 

November 25, 2013 9:19 pm  #212

SusiGo wrote:

You can put mine quite at the beginning as it is finished and not so very long. So those who need more time and write longer fics do not have to hurry. 

Same here, Kerkerian. I'll mail it to you tomorrow or on Wednesday.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 26, 2013 7:12 pm  #213

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Same here, Kerkerian. I'll mail it to you tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Thank you!

November 26, 2013 8:05 pm  #214

I just finished a beta read of a couple of Secret Santa stories.  You guys are in for a treat!  They are good stories I think the recipients will enjoy.

Cheers!

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

November 26, 2013 8:07 pm  #215

FINISHED! Finally. Kind of. Need to sleep over it for a night, but I think I'm basically done.

And tea, thank you for putting so much work into the Secret Santa Exchange!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 27, 2013 8:07 am  #216

Ah, this is so exciting...! Can't wait to finally start reading all your fics! We really should do this again some time.

November 27, 2013 8:24 am  #217

SolarSystem wrote:

Ah, this is so exciting...! Can't wait to finally start reading all your fics! We really should do this again some time.

agree!

Honestly, I didn't expect the time to be so intense, fun, exhausting, nerve-wrecking and satisfying. 

The Game is On!

November 27, 2013 3:29 pm  #218

Whew! *wipes brow* For the last week or so I've done a long distance move and have done a good deal of unpacking in my new home *passes out* , so unfortunately I haven't had much time to write, however I have written quite a bit so far, it'll end up being kinda long...I doubt I'll finish by the deadline though, sorry!  Could I have a later date? 
Oh, and on a side note...this really is awesome and fun!!!! Can't wait to read the stories we're writing! 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 27, 2013 4:10 pm  #219

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Whew! *wipes brow* For the last week or so I've done a long distance move and have done a good deal of unpacking in my new home *passes out* , so unfortunately I haven't had much time to write, however I have written quite a bit so far, it'll end up being kinda long...I doubt I'll finish by the deadline though, sorry!  Could I have a later date? 
Oh, and on a side note...this really is awesome and fun!!!! Can't wait to read the stories we're writing! 

Yes, you can have a later date, that's no problem.
I hope you'll have a good time in your new home!

November 27, 2013 4:16 pm  #220

Kerkerian wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Yes, you can have a later date, that's no problem.
I hope you'll have a good time in your new home!

Thank-you very much! 

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera