BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 16, 2013 6:49 am  #1

*Waves* Hi! :)

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited I finally made an account on here. I've lurked quite a while looking at fan art, reading theories about season 3, and just obsessing over all things Sherlock in general.    You all are awesome and this site has been keeping me sane between seasons...

I enjoy older sci-fi books (Ender's Game, The Ship Who Sang, etc.), fantasy novels, and Disney kids movies. Though I'm not typically much of a fan of older movies, I enjoyed Star Trek (original series) and Star Wars. My favorite book is Name Of The Wind (by Patrick Rothfus) and my favorite movie is How To Train Your Dragon. I love Irish and movie music, languages, and psychology. I also enjoy sketching. My current biggest hobby is reading/writing fan fiction, but I have yet to do something Sherlock-themed (I know, shame on me). My favorite pairings are: Phil/Clint (Avengers) and John/Sherlock. I'm always happy to trade recommendations! 

You can also find me on several other forums (AVEN, AO3, and enfpforum) under the same username. If you're ever on one of these, say "Hi!" sometime.

I don't like the books, any other adaptations, or Dr. Who, but I can talk BBC Sherlock for hours.   I'm particularly fond of the intellectual debates such as theories for Sherlock's return. But funny, silly pictures and fan art are equally awesome.

That's me in a nut shell!  *Waves*  Hello! 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back." -- The Prestige

"Just one more thing, one more thing, one more miracle, Sherlock, for me, don’t be … dead. Would you do that just for me?" -- John (s2e3)

November 16, 2013 8:18 am  #2

Re: *Waves* Hi! :)

Hi, Nitelight.
Sounds like you have found the right place to be. Welcome to the forum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 16, 2013 9:28 am  #3

Welcome Nitelight!

If fanfic is your thing, we have a whole forum dedicated to its discussion - come check it out

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 16, 2013 9:30 am  #4

Hi Nitelight, warm welcome! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 16, 2013 3:37 pm  #5

Hello and welcome to the forum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 23, 2013 9:54 am  #6

I enjoy older sci-fi books (Ender's Game, The Ship Who Sang, etc.), fantasy novels, and Disney kids movies. Though I'm not typically much of a fan of older movies, I enjoyed Star Trek (original series) and Star Wars. My favorite book is Name Of The Wind (by Patrick Rothfus) and my favorite movie is How To Train Your Dragon. I love Irish and movie music, languages, and psychology. I also enjoy sketching. My current biggest hobby is reading/writing fan fiction, but I have yet to do something Sherlock-themed (I know, shame on me). My favorite pairings are: Phil/Clint (Avengers) and John/Sherlock. I'm always happy to trade recommendations! 

alice

November 23, 2013 2:53 pm  #7

Hi alice, welcome to this forum 

You might want to start your own thread for introduction

November 23, 2013 3:57 pm  #8

Actually, that paragraph was copy-pasted from mine, so I'm not sure if she's trying to introduce herself or say that she has simlar interest... Either way, welcome to the forum, Alice, and thank you to everyone else who greated me.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back." -- The Prestige

"Just one more thing, one more thing, one more miracle, Sherlock, for me, don’t be … dead. Would you do that just for me?" -- John (s2e3)

November 23, 2013 4:11 pm  #9

NiTeLight wrote:

Actually, that paragraph was copy-pasted from mine, so I'm not sure if she's trying to introduce herself or say that she has simlar interest... Either way, welcome to the forum, Alice, and thank you to everyone else who greated me.  

Shame on me, I didn't notice it . Might be not real

NiTeLight, a belated welcome from me 

November 23, 2013 4:16 pm  #10

holmes23 wrote:

Shame on me, I didn't notice it . Might be not real

NiTeLight, a belated welcome from me

What do you mean "might not be real"? Can you explain how that''s possible?

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

November 23, 2013 4:32 pm  #11

I mean, alice may be a troll

November 23, 2013 9:27 pm  #12

A spammer more likely. I will be keeping a crafty little eye open on 'Alice', have no fear!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 24, 2013 1:12 pm  #13

Welcome to the madhouse

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera