BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2013 4:29 pm  #21

Re: The "Good News" thread

kittykat wrote:

Thanks 

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you :D

*hugs*

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 21, 2013 4:54 pm  #22

Thank you!! 

*hugs back*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 21, 2013 6:49 pm  #23

Congrats!

November 21, 2013 7:05 pm  #24

Thanks 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 21, 2013 7:58 pm  #25

That is so cool, kitty, congratulations! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 21, 2013 8:06 pm  #26

Thank you! 

November 21, 2013 8:08 pm  #27

Well done Kitty! Go girl!

I am happy because I have managed to sell my horsebox (truck/wagon). It is being collected on Sunday and the money went into to my back account today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2013 8:33 pm  #28

Did someone check their facebook site? I don't want to spoil your joy, I wish you a better job soonest.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 21, 2013 8:34 pm  #29

Why? They seem pretty good to me. I was there yesterday.

November 21, 2013 8:37 pm  #30

To me this seems a company that will bring more trouble than fulfilment.
I hope that will not happen to you.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 21, 2013 8:39 pm  #31

Did you mean this page? Because that's not them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ark-Promotions/252064094895755

This is them, and their website:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARK-Promotions-Ltd/216776235057338

http://arkpromotions.co.uk/

And I find it hard to believe that you would be concerned for me.

November 21, 2013 8:47 pm  #32

Another company with a very similar name and location?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARK-Promotions-Ltd/216776235057338
checking this link - is this your new company? I'm confused now.

Last edited by Harriet (November 21, 2013 8:51 pm)

November 21, 2013 8:49 pm  #33

The first one appears to be based in California...the one I'm with is Manchester, UK.

Is my happiness such a big problem for people? I never realised...

I've decided it doesn't matter. I'm looking forward to Monday and nobody is going to spoil that for me 

Last edited by kittykat (November 21, 2013 9:09 pm)

November 22, 2013 11:52 am  #34

Kitty, I don't think your happiness is a 'problem' for people per se. There is sometimes a confusion between concern for someone's well-being and this being interpreted as interference or negativity. This is ever more so on the Internet when there are no visual clues or tone of voice etc.   

I really do hope your new job goes well for you and that you, having researched the company prior to the interview process etc. are happy with their company profile, activities and what is going to be asked of you. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 22, 2013 1:30 pm  #35

Congratulations, Kittycat. I just read their home page. Do you know what it is exactly that they are selling in "direct marketing"?
I hope all goes well. Research is always a good idea. Read your contract and be careful.
Just saying.

November 22, 2013 6:09 pm  #36

Believe me, I've done a lot of research. And I was there twice.

Be, they have different campaigns going on. They have contracts with companies (such as energy suppliers) and we go door-to-door to basically promote it and try to get people signing up. And the people there are so nice 

November 22, 2013 6:13 pm  #37

So do you get paid for each contract or is there a fixed payment each month?
And you are still studying, right?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 22, 2013 6:19 pm  #38

It's commission-based, but it's rather nice and easy to earn. And I'm still at uni for another 4 weeks, it's all sorted out I just work 4 days a week until I finish.

They are quite accommodating, actually. And the morning meeting that I witnessed...it was a really great atmosphere  Looks like a fun bunch of people!

Last edited by kittykat (November 22, 2013 6:22 pm)

November 22, 2013 9:29 pm  #39

Congrats on finding a job, kittykat The most important is that you like it there! I'm presently looking for a job, which is quite frustrating uhhh! because it's kinda hard to find one in my neighbourhood and just there're not many offers :|

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 22, 2013 9:55 pm  #40

I am happy because I am now working for myself. My new little cottage industry is doing much better than i had ever anticipated. Today I have taken my first order for some rhythm beads (used on horses) without even trying and I have just finished making a beautiful black rope halter with orange reflective braiding and little buttons on the side, with matching reins. I know...I just know...that my customer will love it when she sees it. That makes it so worthwhile. The money is nice eh! But knowing the pleasure it gives people to receive these bespoke items is just a fantastic feeling. All the more so because I have literally taught myself how to do every single aspect of making these (than god for YouTube and the Internet!). My Facebook page is up to 1,500 likes and I have made over 300 items since July. I am just, frankly,  amazed! 

Board footera