BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2012 8:09 pm  #1

Hiscox insurance adverts

Benedict has done the voiceover for three Hiscox Insurance adverts.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fghl_X_Kcg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQ1hq3jVqA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPcSYunq4o

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 29, 2012 12:06 am  #2

Re: Hiscox insurance adverts

Thanks!

Um, weird.
But Benedict's voice is of course as awesome as ever. Why can't he just narrate everything? It would make life much more epic!

Is it only me or does "Hiscox" sound kind of creepy? I mean, it seems to be an insurance but it kinda sounds like the name of some drug or medicine.. haha.

June 7, 2012 11:45 pm  #3

"Hiscox" doesn't make me think of a drug or medicine. I can tell you that! How he says it with a straight face I don't know. 

June 8, 2012 1:17 am  #4

Good lord they're a bit sappy aren't they? That kind of advert would never work in Aus. We'd all be like "yeah ok pull the other one" lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 8, 2012 5:37 pm  #5

LoveBug54 wrote:

"Hiscox" doesn't make me think of a drug or medicine. I can tell you that! How he says it with a straight face I don't know. 

Yeah, must be an American thing, 'cause I was thinkin' the same thing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 8, 2012 5:42 pm  #6

I don't think it's to do with nationality!! 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 9, 2012 10:29 pm  #7

Oh god, how did I not notice that? :O

but, well, apart from that I still think it sounds like a drug or something, hehe.

June 9, 2012 10:35 pm  #8

Hmm...
Hiscox-Cocaine... For when you need that little high!
I like that, it has a nice ring to it!!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera