BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2013 12:00 pm  #1

Germanfans

Hallöle,
Ich wollt einfach mal wissen, wie viele deutsche Fans hier in der Community sind und ob vielleicht ein paar Lust haben untereinander zu chatten.

Ja, ich fang einfach mal an mich vorzustellen:

Ich bin weiblich,
Teenagerin,
A Schwabekindle,
Ich bin eigentlich ein Fan von fast allem wo Benedict Cumberbatch oder Martin Freeman mitgespielt haben.
Meine Lieblingsfilme: Star Trek (die ganze Reihe), Die Herr der Ringe Filme, Der Hobbit, Shaun of the Dead, The world`s end, Hot Fuzz... (mir fällt zum erste Mal auf wie oft in meinen Lieblingsfilmen Ben und Marty vorkommen)
Meine Lieblingsschauspieler: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Billy Boyd, Ian Mckellen...

Das war jetzt wirklich nur ein Bruchteil von mir, aber nunja... Hoffe es regt andere Deutsche, Schweizer oder Österreicher an sich hier vorzustellen.

Wer Lust hat kann mich natürlich jederzeit anschreiben.

October 31, 2013 3:11 pm  #2

Re: Germanfans

hey ich bin auch aus deutschland ( hannover)
hast du vlt. kik messenger?
dann können wir übers handy schreiben

this is my note.
goodbye john.

October 31, 2013 3:14 pm  #3

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Maybe you have noticed already that there are quite a lot of German fans around here meanwhile.
But as this is an English/international forum we decided to stay with the English language when we post things. We discussed it a while ago, you can read it here: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1300
Same goes with all the other members, no matter if from Spain, Poland, Sweden, Finland and so on.

So don't be shy and please try another introduction in English.  Everybody here is really very nice and nobody will laugh at you!
For a little help I always open this site next to the forum: http://dict.leo.org/
AND the boss was so nice to create a German chat for us a while ago, you'll find it when you follow the link on top of this page. So if other German members are online, you may send a pm and invite them to join you at the chat. 
Wow, now that was a long one! I stop here and hope you will have a lot of fun around here!

Now if you didn't understand a word of the above, feel free asking for a translation. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 31, 2013 3:31 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 1, 2013 6:15 pm  #4

221b_policeinthebox wrote:

hey ich bin auch aus deutschland ( hannover)
hast du vlt. kik messenger?
dann können wir übers handy schreiben

Ne, leider nicht. Nur What`s app und natürlich 0/8/15 networks wie facebook, twitter und skype

November 2, 2013 12:15 pm  #5

Oh well Mattlocked, it seems your words go unheeded. You tried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 2, 2013 12:28 pm  #6

Yes, I've noticed. *sighs* Thank you, Mary.

Maybe I should've kept it short:

This is an international forum. Stay to English language, please! 

November 2, 2013 12:29 pm  #7

Please, girls, Mattlocked is right. We agreed that this is an English language forum and should remain so. You are free to use German everywhere else. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 8, 2013 4:00 pm  #8

Sorry, I don`t read your comments. Ok I will use the right language. But is it okay, when german guys talk hear in english?

November 8, 2013 4:19 pm  #9

Of course it is. Nobody will judge you if you make mistakes. We have all sorts of nationalities here. And there is also a German language chat where you can meet. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2013 2:13 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

Of course it is. Nobody will judge you if you make mistakes. We have all sorts of nationalities here. And there is also a German language chat where you can meet. 

thx, the problem is that nobody is in the chat. and nobody writes something.

November 20, 2013 9:58 am  #11

hi there fellow Germans :-)

For me it really comes as a surprise that there are so many Germans here in this forum. I only got to know the Sherlock series after I moved to the UK. I think it was not a big thing in Germany at all, was it? So how do you guys all know about it? I am really curious!

The Game is On!

November 20, 2013 10:13 am  #12

Marva, I would agree that it was not a big thing on German television, I think when it first aired the ARD showed it at around 11pm...? Hilarious.
I came across it when I stumbled over a rerun of ASiP (also late in the evening), I didn't really have any idea what the pool scene was all about but I was hooked immediately, I fell in love with those two guys in an instant. (Mind you, of course I had never heared of anything like Johnlock before, but this scene immediately made me think Oh hell, what is going on between the two of them?!)

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 20, 2013 10:13 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 20, 2013 11:32 am  #13

Well... as I already mentioned in my introduction I also watched Sherlock when it was broadcasted on German TV. Thought it was good but I wasn't hooked at all.

Then... last October in London I had this experience with "The Fifth Estate" and Benedicts original voice. And that changed everything because I was so fascinated by its sound. If you once listened to Mr. Cumberbatch no dubbing voice could do it right, could it?
Bought the Sherlock DVDs over there and also realised that the dialogues function much better than in the German version.
How can I describe it? Er... it makes the story line more vivid. In German it's dull, somehow. Do you know what I mean? You can't feel the chemistry between Sherlock and John. And that's nearly as important as the story itself. As you all know of course. Just wanted to describe my "awakening".
Hope you understand me. Don't know if my Englisch is good enough for this profounding thoughts.

Is there any German fan who was hooked to Sherlock by the German version?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 20, 2013 11:42 am  #14

Interesting that it's most of the time the original version which "did it".
I watched it on German tv first and thought it was....good. Just like you.
BUT hubby and I try to watch everything in the original version, if possible, so we bought the dvds quite soon.
The rest you already explained, gently69. ;-)

We already discussed somewhere here that the "siezen" is a big problem in this case....... Another reason why you cannot find the same chemistry between Sherlock and John in the dubbed version.

November 20, 2013 11:44 am  #15

gently69 wrote:

Well, I was, but I fell in love with it all over again when I saw the original version about a week later.
Because you are absolutely right of course, it is a completely different game to hear Benedict's voice, to hear the original dialogue AND to get rid of the 'Siezen'. This just doesn't work at all, because it makes for a completely different chemistry between them. More than just a bit not good...

edit: I crossed with Mattlocked..

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 20, 2013 11:45 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 20, 2013 11:50 am  #16

Right, Mattlocked and SolarSystem... "Siezen" is a German bad habit. In many cases...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 20, 2013 1:32 pm  #17

gently69 wrote:

Yes, I was. The time I registered to this forum I had only known the german version. But the show got even better for me when I watched it in the original language.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 20, 2013 1:37 pm  #18

Same here. Without that aid, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the story. Of course the original is much better.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 20, 2013 1:43 pm  #19

It's quite interesting, in the dubbed version they sometimes say stuff they never ever say in the original version. I was watching all episodes again just recently in the dubbed version with a friend, because her English isn't that good. And several times I just had to inform her "you know, he doesn't say that in the original version". Sorry, I guess I should have taken notes because I don't remember in which scenes that was... I just remember that it was completely unnecessary.

November 20, 2013 1:45 pm  #20

SolarSystem wrote:

It's quite interesting, in the dubbed version they sometimes say stuff they never ever say in the original version. I was watching all episodes again just recently in the dubbed version with a friend, because her English isn't that good. And several times I just had to inform her "you know, he doesn't say that in the original version". Sorry, I guess I should have taken notes because I don't remember in which scenes that was... I just remember that it was completely unnecessary.

now I am really curious to know what they might have added (or removed) in the German version

The Game is On!

Board footera