BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2013 8:02 pm  #101

Re: Something I'm absolutely sure of - preparations for the fall.

Commonwealth wrote:

sirlockofthesher wrote:

^ Hi. Good clue.  Do you see scaffolding anywhere from John's point of view when sherlock is on the roof?  We know when Sherlock is standing on the roof, directly below there is a shot where you can see from roof down  the ground -no scaffolding. No scaffolding in "drop zone" 

So the question is-How does a refit of a hospital help fake a suicide jump when no scaffolding is present?  uhg..i'm starting to think he grew wings

If the scaffolding idea is the solution, I expect the scaffolding was located to the left of where the camera was looking down.

I mentioned there appeared to be a slightly bigger roof below the one Sherlock was standing on.  I've circled the edges of the 2 roofs in yellow.  You can see where Sherlock's feet are protruding from the upper roof.

The two roofs can be seen in greater detail in this wider-angle shot when Sherlock is talking to John.  Notice how the lower roof protrudes at the corner.

This is a shot from when John initially got out of the cab and approached St. Bart's before turning around, I think we get to see a shot of the lower roof from Sherlock's perspective.  Notice the moss.

When Sherlock passes below the lower roof, notice he is passing by the letter "D" instead of the "G" that he was standing over on the upper roof.

From this shot, we see John still watching Sherlock as he passes the 2nd set of windows so the scaffolding was pretty close to the ground.

But this also shows that John would have been watching Sherlock as he jumped between the two roofs and moved to the left to position himself over the scaffolding which means he would know that there was something strange about how he fell and where he landed which could foil Sherlock's plan.  It could also explain why John had hope that Sherlock survived.

@tobeornot221b, maybe this isn't "The Clue" but it could be a clue.

This could be the dummy falling?  During reconstructions don't they have those shutes to throw junk down into a garbage bin.  What If..the scene of the falling body is a dummy manipulated by Molly and the Scene where Sherlock jumps is Sherlock Jumping down to a lower roof level or using a garbage shoot/zip line in another part of the building?

This is from this site http://lemuroption.tumblr.com/post/17442304647/the-reichenbach-fall-mistake-or-solution

I dont know if the position of the red building nad the Sherlock Moriarty Conversation is correct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 18, 2013 8:05 pm  #102

So basically John being knocked over was to give Sherlock time to get into position?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 18, 2013 8:20 pm  #103

yes. John getting knocked over is a definite element in the faked suicide. Either by jumping in a net or getting down some other way and having the dummy dragged off, it allowed Sherlock time to get into position. 

It may not be possible to correctly deduce how Sherlock fell. Especially if I am reading that footage shot may not line up angle wise correctly with the surrounding buildings. I hope not. They must have known that all the screencaps from RF of surrounding buildings ect would be taken into consideration while figuring out the fall. 

November 19, 2013 5:54 am  #104

sirlockofthesher wrote:

This could be the dummy falling?  During reconstructions don't they have those shutes to throw junk down into a garbage bin.  What If..the scene of the falling body is a dummy manipulated by Molly and the Scene where Sherlock jumps is Sherlock Jumping down to a lower roof level or using a garbage shoot/zip line in another part of the building?

This is from this site http://lemuroption.tumblr.com/post/17442304647/the-reichenbach-fall-mistake-or-solution

I dont know if the position of the red building nad the Sherlock Moriarty Conversation is correct.

Personally, I don't see the point of complicating the theory with a dummy if shorter jumps means Sherlock can get to the ground faster without getting hurt.

I've never been to St. Barts either and can't comment on the accuracy of the positions in the pic.

John:  So you scratch their backs...
Sherlock:  Yes, and I disinfect myself.

November 19, 2013 2:56 pm  #105

I don't like the Dummy theory either.  The body kicks and moves on the way down. 

I am stilling leaning toward a type of zip line or net. A net attached to the building and the bag truck I think is how it played out.

The thing is that I can't find any references to a net in RF but you do see the dummy hanging. The dummy is too complicated.

As for the angles of buildings and Sherlock being in an entirely different spot. I do not see him move from the area of the Moriarty Confrontation-even when he spins Moriarty around or the "you've got spectators" moment when they look over the edge is right above the landing zone.

Board footera