BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2013 3:12 pm  #1

M*A*S*H

Any M*A*S*H fans here? I just started watching it again. (on DVD)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 19, 2013 3:33 pm  #2

Re: M*A*S*H

I grew up watching it - loved that show  Very well written and acted all around.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 19, 2013 8:25 pm  #3

My earliest memory of it are the reruns in the early 90th in Germany. But I didn't like it back then, but I was around 12, so that is maybe not the perfect age to understand the depth and meaning of a show like that. My parents loved it. I fell in love with it much later, when there were reruns again. Fortunately the dubbing was quite good.

Have you seen the movie by Robert Altman? I have seen it after I saw the series. So Alan Alda was my Hawkeye  And I still have to cry when I watch the last episode.

I really hope there never will be a remake (of the series or the movie), nobody needs that.

----------

August 19, 2013 11:46 pm  #4

I'm not old enough to have watched it when it was originally on but I love to watch it whenever I get a change now! Alan Alda is the best!!

================================================================

August 19, 2013 11:52 pm  #5

Ivy wrote:

My earliest memory of it are the reruns in the early 90th in Germany. But I didn't like it back then, but I was around 12, so that is maybe not the perfect age to understand the depth and meaning of a show like that. My parents loved it. I fell in love with it much later, when there were reruns again. Fortunately the dubbing was quite good.

Have you seen the movie by Robert Altman? I have seen it after I saw the series. So Alan Alda was my Hawkeye  And I still have to cry when I watch the last episode.

I really hope there never will be a remake (of the series or the movie), nobody needs that.

I saw the movie before the series, but Alda is still my Hawkeye (although I love the movie, too).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 20, 2013 12:20 am  #6

I get up watching mash too

August 20, 2013 3:02 pm  #7

I used to love watching M.A.S.H. Radar used to make me laugh aloud as well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 21, 2013 10:08 am  #8

Davina wrote:

I used to love watching M.A.S.H. Radar used to make me laugh aloud as well!

Yes he is cute (with his teddy), so innocent, but at the same time doing a great job there.

I prefer the later seasons, I think Hawkeye is more grown up then and I always liked Col.Potter more than Blake (although his death was really heartbreaking) and Winchester is more "fun" because he is highly intelligent and knows that he's doing, but is an arrogant prick. Frank was just outrageously stupid.

----------

November 17, 2013 7:00 pm  #9

M*A*S*H*  Is  and was my  favorite comedy  (next to I Love Lucy)   I  Have the movie,  and  I  enjoy  watching the reruns.   Alan  is MY  Hawkeye  too.   I  loved Herny Blake,  and trapper John.   I  didn't  like Frank Burns much,   but he added  a  good laugh   whenever he  was with Margaret  (Hot Lips).   And that Charles Winchester the third....He was a bit..  snobbish,  but  I  grew to like him anyway.   Radar?   I  loved him.   and Klinger?   Oh.....he made cross-dressing funny.   SOOOO  funny.   And guess what?  I  have several MASH  books,   they are old,  but you can still find them  in old bookstores.   I  also  have the main MASH  book,  which details  the stars  AND it includes  the episode  guides for all  seasons.  

I  cried  when the series ended,   and Klinger  stayed in Korea,  to help his new wife find her family.  I  wonder if they did?  

No  remake  or  new movie   should be done....Leave this one alone.   this is a CLASSIC  that should not be touched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 18, 2013 6:20 am  #10

I loved MASH.

Hi Skitty! Hope you are well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera