BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 4, 2013 4:35 pm  #81

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Currently I'm reading "Princesses Behaving Badly" by Linda Rodriguez McRobbie, an ARC in exchange for a review. When it comes out, I recommend it for an easy read! It's quite fun for history buffs!

November 16, 2013 4:07 pm  #82

I love the Preston & Child Special Agent Pendergast books and a new one has just come out! Pendergast is like an uber-Sherlock with a strange, crazy family background.  The mysteries always have an uncanny bent that only Pendergast can solve.

The new book is called "White Fire" and the mystery in the story has ties to Arthur Conan Doyle and "The Hound of the Baskervilles".  OMG. Pendergast referencing back to Holmes and getting in touch with fanatics in 'The Baker Street Irregulars' for literary assistance .  It's a match made in heaven and I'm in heaven reading it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 16, 2013 4:21 pm  #83

I am reading "Mother's Milk" by Edward St. Aubyn, the fourth Patrick Melrose novel. Recommended by a certain Mr C. 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 16, 2013 4:21 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 16, 2013 8:55 pm  #84

Just started "The Amazing Adventures of Kaviler and Clay."   Heard so much about this book and have been meaning to read it for years.  A little embarassed to admit that what finally prompted me to go ahead and buy a copy was BC mentioning it as a dream project in an interview.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 21, 2013 1:13 pm  #85

A book about the life of a Moriarty character told by himself. A charming monster without morality? The structure is interesting because of a little trick: The hand that draws itself.

Michael Köhlmeier- Die Abenteuer des Joel Spazierer 

December 29, 2013 9:34 pm  #86

Rereading 'The Book Thief' prior to the movie. Just finished 'Hamlet'.

================================================================

December 30, 2013 1:42 am  #87

Coriolanus - Shakespeare
Because I am going to the screening in January, maybe I can prepare me a little since all I will be doing is staring at Tom and Mark :-)

January 1, 2014 12:06 pm  #88

I'm reading "The Lord of the Rings" for the first time. Hell, that's a very long book ;)

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 1, 2014 12:43 pm  #89

I'm currently re-reading "Erasing Sherlock" by Kelly Hale because I'm supposed to write a review for it for Doylockian as a guest blogger - but gosh, I'm so lazy at the moment! All I can do is stare at the screen of my laptop and click "refresh" for new Sherlock content.... :-(

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

January 1, 2014 7:53 pm  #90

"Physics of the impossible: A Scientific Exploration Into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel" by Michio Kaku

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 8, 2014 8:57 am  #91

The Madman's Tale: A Novel by John Katzenbach

January 14, 2014 9:37 pm  #92

Chuck Palahniuk: Fight Club

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

January 31, 2014 10:16 pm  #93

I'm reading The House of Hades and fanfiction.

February 1, 2014 9:21 pm  #94

The last of Nick Cohen's books I had to read:  What's Left?
Right now, he's one of my fave writers.
I'd already read:
Waitng for the Etonians and
You canot read this book.

Last edited by besleybean (February 1, 2014 9:21 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2014 9:34 pm  #95

"Does Your Mother Know?" by Maureen Jennings. Which is fun because I've been to the Outer Hebrides where this is set, and because I know the author in person.

February 4, 2014 1:29 pm  #96

Alain de Botton- How Proust can change your life
Marcel Proust-In Search of Lost Time

Interesting concept of time and memory interwoven into a whole almost like a puzzle or dreamlike sequence where images appear together with connected feelings and thoughts.

February 4, 2014 5:21 pm  #97

Sounds interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2014 10:50 am  #98

Murder is Easy - Agatha Christie.
If they'd made the TV adaptation more like the book, Benedict would've had a much bigger role!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 7, 2014 9:54 am  #99

I am in the middle of 3 books...

'The Hunger Games, Catching Fire'
'The Hobbit' (I actually stopped reading because I have the Danish edition... I am much more into original languages when reading)
'Breakfast on Pluto' by Patrick McCabe. I never really stop reading that book...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 8:21 pm  #100

I just finished two future dystopian novels -- one of the genres I enjoy -- Rivers and Sand Omnibus. In the latter, the world is dry and sandy; in the former it won't stop raining and storming. Would love suggestions for good books in this genre.

Right now reading a Miss Marple and a legal thriller.

Board footera