BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 3, 2013 8:05 pm  #21

Re: Enter the Dragon (Tolkien-Style!)

They can't use the Silmarillion because the Tolkien Estate owns all rights to it.  However, they have found ways around this...which is why when Bilbo asks Gandalf "Are there other wizards?", Gandalf replies "there are 5 of us..but I've forgotten the names of two of them".  This is because their names are mentioned in the Silmarillion but not in LotR or The Hobbit.

Last edited by sj4iy (October 3, 2013 8:05 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 21, 2013 5:18 pm  #22

Here is a link to some pics of how Benedict played the dragon. Amazing. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16241796@N06/sets/72157636801657894/with/10405822716/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 21, 2013 6:09 pm  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a link to some pics of how Benedict played the dragon. Amazing. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16241796@N06/sets/72157636801657894/with/10405822716/

After a moment of happy surprise at what I was looking at, I instantly thudded.  Then went 'wa...wait... what the heck is this from?  want!'  Then 'oh.'  Then another giggle of amused delight... 'awww.... he's wearing that shirt again!'.  Then sigh again at the awesomeness and getting to see it soon.   Many thanks for that!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 23, 2013 7:45 am  #24

Here is a small video in which you can see and hear the dragon roar. Grrrrr. 

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/post/64817509258/amandaabbington-actual-video-to-the-benedict

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2013 2:15 pm  #25

Awwwwww  he is like a little boy thrilled to play knights and dragons 

November 11, 2013 2:45 am  #26

I saw the trailer in the theater today!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! 

I don't really care what critics of any kind have to say, I dearly love Peter Jackson's LOTR and Hobbit. *Dearly.* I'm not sure what could make me more happy than having John and Sherlock together in one of these movies! All my favorite things happening at once! AAH!

He sounds SPECTACULAR in this trailer. I cannot WAIT to see this!! Seriously. Ugh, so excited. 

November 11, 2013 2:27 pm  #27

Merry wrote:

I don't really care what critics of any kind have to say, I dearly love Peter Jackson's LOTR and Hobbit. *Dearly.* I'm not sure what could make me more happy than having John and Sherlock together in one of these movies! All my favorite things happening at once! AAH!

He sounds SPECTACULAR in this trailer. I cannot WAIT to see this!! Seriously. Ugh, so excited. 

Here, here!
Once again I know I am going to almost faint at the theater, lol. Will it be weird to think a dragon's (my favorite dragon of all freakin' time lol) voice is smexy?

(Seems like I've been waiting my whole life for these movies and IMO, at least, it was well worth the wait--my geek heart is sooo happy :D)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

November 11, 2013 8:59 pm  #28

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Merry wrote:

Here, here!
Once again I know I am going to almost faint at the theater, lol. Will it be weird to think a dragon's (my favorite dragon of all freakin' time lol) voice is smexy?

(Seems like I've been waiting my whole life for these movies and IMO, at least, it was well worth the wait--my geek heart is sooo happy :D)

Same here and YES to both of you!   

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (November 11, 2013 9:00 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

November 11, 2013 10:36 pm  #29

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Merry wrote:

Here, here!

Same here and YES to both of you!

Completely agree! Cannot wait!

================================================================

Board footera