BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2013 9:31 pm  #141

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

stoertebeker wrote:

Which version are you going to see? The movie theater in Hamburg will show both versions. I have a ticket for the one with Ben as Frankenstein. The other show was already sold out, when I bought my ticket. But I don't really mind, which version I'm going to see.

I'll be there as well.

November 9, 2013 7:37 am  #142

SusiGo wrote:

Fine. We will all sit there with our popcorn, mouths open but empty and stare at the screen. 

Good plan. And quite realistic. We should clearly meet before and have something to eat!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 11, 2013 2:21 am  #143

Cannot WAIT! I will be going to the Ben-as-the-Creature version in Washington DC on January 6th!

In the last few weeks I've seen 12 Years, 5th Estate, and the latest trailer for the Hobbit. It's The Season of Benedict! I think Frankenstein might be what I'm most excited to see, although his Smaug voice is to DIE for...

November 12, 2013 5:14 am  #144

Merry wrote:

Cannot WAIT! I will be going to the Ben-as-the-Creature version in Washington DC on January 6th!

In the last few weeks I've seen 12 Years, 5th Estate, and the latest trailer for the Hobbit. It's The Season of Benedict! I think Frankenstein might be what I'm most excited to see, although his Smaug voice is to DIE for...

Yes!   Finally getting to join the ranks and see that version, too…..  and tomorrow!!   Eee…  needless to say, will be out a couple days on a mini road-trip-trek.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 14, 2013 5:55 am  #145

Finally catching up again.   Just one word before bed (besides 'hello's! and 'missed chatting with's!):  A. Maze. Ing.       

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

November 14, 2013 5:58 am  #146

Isn't it though? The whole production was incredible. Yet another reason I wish I lived in London.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 14, 2013 6:56 am  #147

So wish I'd seen it live.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 14, 2013 8:03 pm  #148

Who and besley…   thanks.. yes!!   Don't get me wrong, I know either one would have been amazing, but I was delighted when heard the theater was showing the Ben-Creature one.  The intense emoting I already loved of his… a few breath-catching moments when he amped it up for the Creature!!   Learning to be human, being savage….. To say nothing of the sets and deeply metaphorical story (meaning the themes/imagery involved….. unfortunately a shame my bad hearing missed a majority of the dialogue).  So glad know what you guys were talking about now!!      

November 14, 2013 9:50 pm  #149

Brilliant show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 14, 2013 9:57 pm  #150

Yes, brilliant indeed!
I'm so happy to be able to watch it for the second time next month.
I mean, they won't give it to us on DVD, will they? Not in the near future I'm afraid...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 14, 2013 9:58 pm  #151

Not ever.

November 16, 2013 2:32 pm  #152

A DVD release would be great, but as long as they keep showing it in the Theaters every now and then I don't mind not having it at home. This way it stays special and something to look forward to for month.

November 16, 2013 4:25 pm  #153

They have said never to the DVD.

December 4, 2013 3:09 pm  #154

Watching it tomorrow at my local cinema.
I am really looking forward to it :-)

December 4, 2013 5:26 pm  #155

Enjoy.

December 4, 2013 8:42 pm  #156

Great. I'm a little bit jealous. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 5, 2013 1:19 pm  #157

I'm gonna watch it today in cinema as well! I'm so excited *_________*

"The loneliest people are the kindest.
 The saddest people smile the brightest.
 The most damaged people are the wisest."
 All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."

December 5, 2013 4:52 pm  #158

I would be, too!

December 5, 2013 11:09 pm  #159

I saw it tonight and still am a bit lost for words. The whole show and especially Benedict as Creature was amazing, breathtaking, extraordinary.
I can't even say what I liked best... the first ten to fifteen minutes, when the Creature 'is born' and evolves from barely being able to move to finally running around... so, so awesome. I sometimes just held my breath and didn't dare to stir in my seat.
I was totally mesmerized by Ben's acting - not just in this first scene, but throughout the whole show. God, I knew it before, but now it's definitely official: he is talented beyond belief.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 5, 2013 11:27 pm  #160

Agreed!

It was the version with Jonny Lee Miller as Frankenstein and Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature.

I don't know if I may talk about spoilers or if what I'm going to say is a spoiler - but if you don't want to get spoiled you should stop reading now.
(Is there a spoiler function here or something?)

I find it hard to tell my friends what Frankenstein is about (some don't know), because I don't want to refer to Frankenstein's creation as "monster" or "creature". He was so nice and happy and pure until he met humans. In my opinion the humans are the reason that actually turned him into a monster.
Is it just me or...?

"The loneliest people are the kindest.
 The saddest people smile the brightest.
 The most damaged people are the wisest."
 All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do."

Board footera