BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2012 9:19 am  #1

NCIS

What a brilliant show.
Coming up to another season finale, season 9 and it's shaping up to be a big one.
And of course Jimmy is getting married; and I know who the best man is !!!!!

You'll have to torture me to tell you though; but again, it is brilliant!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 19, 2012 8:58 am  #2

Re: NCIS

Saw the Series 9 finale; wow!
Why do they have to make so many good shows with cliffhangers!!!???

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 8:01 am  #3

New season is about to start filming:

Rocky Carroll @RockyCOfficial
Time flies...... Looking forward to the start of season X today. Table read of the first episode of the new season today

Michael Weatherly  @M_Weatherly
Season X Table read photo!

Roll on September.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 10:31 am  #4

This has got to be the only show on television that can reach Season 10 and still feel fresh and new each episode. I love it :0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

July 15, 2012 10:32 am  #5

Yes, Jethro's hair just get more silvery, lol!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 11:15 am  #6

It is a great show, at first I was not really into it because of Bellisario and his tendency to the american army, with Jag some of the episodes looked like recruiting-shows. And in the first seasons of NCIS some of the political backgrounds for the stories got a little bit out of reality. But that got better in fact it got so good that the army did let go of the series.
And the storytelling got so grab with all the jokes going on it is now a real treat to watch the show.

January 9, 2013 8:50 am  #7

Well I just watched Episode 11 (Series 10) and cried like a baby. Not much makes me cry on TV, but this one ......

And it made me do that ... twice.
Yes, twice.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 9, 2013 8:49 pm  #8

Gah...  Kazza!  You beat me to it!  ;P   ;)   Didn't really feel compelled to post about other shows watching since it's just a ongoing 'enjoyment of eps' of various others I keep up with (and heck, I've been watching ncis for /years/), but after last night, just had to see out of curiosity if we had a thread for it amongst all the other shows seen on here.  And what'dyou know, you had started one a good while back and there were a few other fellow fans.  Good thing too, because while they've often been really good with the 'oh wow!' type plot developments and twists and sweet things thrown in, that was the first time in a good while I was about tearing up and all 'wait a minute....  what.. the he**...?!?!'   gaping at the screen....  o.o   About as bad as the time they ridiculously decided to kill Franks off!!   What are they doing to us?!
;P  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 10, 2013 4:33 am  #9

You know, I actually enjoyed that marriage. I often thought " It's nice that there's a sense of 'normality' for one character there at least. And watching the way he balanced home & work life was heartwarming.
I can see lots of different plot lines could come from this now. We shall see, I guess.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

January 10, 2013 3:52 pm  #10

Yes!!  I know!!   I don't always think Vance is the greatest character, but yeah, his relations with Gibbs and his wife, his arcs, and little stuff like that, they do a good job with.  I read one reviewer say they thought the wife's death was being faked to draw out whoever did it.  Ehhn... I doubt they'd go there.  But they did have a point that it couldn't have been Mossad-related... even if Eli was weakening with them, or they found out about what he was doing, they wouldn't risk their relationship with the US with a frankly messy spray-of-bullets hit where Vance was in the way.
Still... I can't wait to see what Ziva does...  and those amazing shots of her team... her guys... subdued watching and unable to protect, and how they framed the shots at the hospital...  wonder if Eli's "friend" got away, too....

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

July 16, 2013 11:54 pm  #11

Oh yes! Love NCIS, the characters are sooo much fun. Haven't checked into the fandom yet if anyone has any advice on a good forum or story I am all ears 

July 17, 2013 3:44 am  #12

Awww....  you brought out the dusty thread again!  Sniff!   Right as my thoughts (and 'feels' as the internet says) have been with my 'old favorite' lately, from the simultaneous great and sad news that they've started filming Season 11 (wow... go them!) and also that Cote de Pablo has just publicized that she decided to quit (aw.. no!)   
I can't wait to see what kind of assignment twist they have Gibbs on, though!  Heck of a cliffhanger, there!

July 17, 2013 5:56 am  #13

Oh no. Quitting?  Really, that is sad..
And yes, they do tend to make mean cliffhangers like hell. Curious; )

November 6, 2013 8:35 pm  #14

Anyone watching this season? Yes I miss Ziva, oh HOW I miss her, but I still love this series as much as I ever did (became a fan September 2012) and still think it's one of the best written/acted shows on TV!

"Just once, can you two behave like grownups?"
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

November 7, 2013 6:20 pm  #15

Yes, of course!  Long-time viewer here, too…  it's the one of few shows my dad and I watch together.     Seen the team go through so much, but…  erf, yes… really missing Ziva nowadays.  All the twists and turns they've been doing… Loving how the 'boys' are changing/growing up with each other, though, and they said we'd see a new cast regular very soon!
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-ncis-promotes-zivas-successor-series-regular-first-165945268.html
I like how they're not imitating Ziva… still a competent agent, but more of a analyst thinker, tied to an actual twisty case with long-running roots/implications that brings them all together.   But still need more Franks cameos….   

November 7, 2013 10:19 pm  #16

Russell wrote:

Yes, of course! Long-time viewer here, too… it's the one of few shows my dad and I watch together. Seen the team go through so much, but… erf, yes… really missing Ziva nowadays. All the twists and turns they've been doing… Loving how the 'boys' are changing/growing up with each other, though, and they said we'd see a new cast regular very soon!
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/scoop-ncis-promotes-zivas-successor-series-regular-first-165945268.html
I like how they're not imitating Ziva… still a competent agent, but more of a analyst thinker, tied to an actual twisty case with long-running roots/implications that brings them all together. But still need more Franks cameos….

Yes, I am also relieved that they're not going to copy Ziva just like they didn't copy Kate with Ziva. I'll always miss Ziva but the door is wide open for her to make an appearance some day and I hope Cote will eventually do one if asked!

And I just realized I became a fan in Sept 2011 because I remember watching half of Season 9 live and all of Season 10 live -- Season 11 is my 3rd live season for NCIS!

"Just once, can you two behave like grownups?"
"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants so I wouldn't hold out too much hope." - Mycroft Holmes and John Watson, Sherlock, A Scandal in Belgravia, Season 2

"Well, Mr. Holmes. I’ve seen you handle a good many cases in my time but I don’t know that I ever knew a more workman like one than this. We’re not jealous of you, you know, at Scotland Yard. No, sir, we’re proud of you. And if you come down tomorrow there’s not a man from the oldest inspector to the youngest constable, who wouldn’t be glad to shake you by the hand." - Inspector Lestrade, The Six Napoleons

August 12, 2014 7:45 pm  #17

Oh my I love this show! Seriously love it. I was a huge fan of CSI (before Gil Grissom left) and this has take it's place since Gil left. I adore Mark Harmon as an actor! I've just finished season 7 and can't wait to get stuck into season 8!

August 13, 2014 4:35 am  #18

Isn't Harmon awesome?  One of my favorite 'constants' of the show. 
Up to '8'?  You're in for some interesting twists…. 

August 13, 2014 7:23 am  #19

There will be more changes in the coming year (beyond the already massive changes just past) but as long as they keep Abby & DiNozzo I'm happy

August 17, 2014 4:54 pm  #20

I can't wait to get stuck into 8...and yes Mark Harmon is awesome! And I'm not gonna lie I have a thing for older men and I think he's gorgeous haha! My SO is already on season 10 and feeds me spoilers when I annoy him (like when I tidy up and he can't find anything, or I bring a new pet home) so I have an idea of what's going on, which is infuriating but I'm so excited to get there!

Board footera