BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2013 12:55 pm  #21

Re: First OFFICIAL Photo from Series 3

Definitely a real scene and not a promo shot.  However, it may not be what you think it is ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 5, 2013 1:53 pm  #22

*singing*

That's the look, that's the look, the look of love...............................

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 5, 2013 2:03 pm  #23

Here's the official description of Episode 1, "The Empty Hearse":

"Just one more miracle, Sherlock. Stop being dead’. For Dr John Watson it might well be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’. Two years after the devastating events of ‘The Reichenbach Fall’, John appears to have got on with his life. New horizons and romance beckon. But, with London under threat of a devastating terrorist attack, Sherlock is about to take John at his word, staging his resurrection with all the theatricality that comes so naturally to him. If Sherlock thinks everything will be just as he left it, though, he's in for a very big surprise..."

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

November 5, 2013 2:45 pm  #24

Wow that's exciting But two years? Poor John... I thought it would be a year at most when they said it wouldn't take three years like in the canon.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

November 5, 2013 3:03 pm  #25

sj4iy wrote:

Definitely a real scene and not a promo shot. However, it may not be what you think it is ;)

How do you know? Sounds great!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2013 4:22 pm  #26

Schmiezi wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Definitely a real scene and not a promo shot. However, it may not be what you think it is ;)

Spoilers ;)

November 5, 2013 7:36 pm  #27

sj4iy wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Spoilers ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2013 10:07 pm  #28

sj4iy wrote:

This was released by the BBC tonight as the FIRST OFFICIAL PHOTO from Series 3:

I am speechless...all I can say is...wow 
Oh I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 10:11 pm  #29

sj4iy wrote:

Here's the official description of Episode 1, "The Empty Hearse":

"Just one more miracle, Sherlock. Stop being dead’. For Dr John Watson it might well be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’. Two years after the devastating events of ‘The Reichenbach Fall’, John appears to have got on with his life. New horizons and romance beckon. But, with London under threat of a devastating terrorist attack, Sherlock is about to take John at his word, staging his resurrection with all the theatricality that comes so naturally to him. If Sherlock thinks everything will be just as he left it, though, he's in for a very big surprise..."

Two years....god, poor John!  Still, reading that is very exciting! *squeals* 

November 5, 2013 10:18 pm  #30

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
Such a great photo! Now excuse me while I spend the day looking at all the fan edits of it!

================================================================

November 6, 2013 11:31 am  #31

sj4iy wrote:

It looks to me that John is imagining Sherlock in that seat next to him and feeling so lonely that he isn't. Then Sherlock is imagining being back with John but he is behind the glass and it is his barrier.

Sherlock can see John but John cannot see Sherlock. For John, Sherlock is dead and there is no hope for anything else....cries uncontrollably....

On Sherlock's side of the glass there is a ghostly reflection of John, as though he carries him with him always but he is unable to reach out and make the image real. He must still talk to ghost John even if it is only in his head. Sherlock's path is transparent, to himself, but he longs to be on the other side of the glass wall which he has erected between them.

I feel the need to post this on Tumblr now!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

November 6, 2013 11:45 am  #32

OR this is later in S3, the big reunion is a while ago, the two of them have an appointment and John is fed up because Sherlock is late again. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 6, 2013 12:18 pm  #33

Assuming (and hoping) that this pic is not from a dream sequence of some sort, I'd really love it if it had something to do with both of them realizing that after their reunion things have changed and will never be the same again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 6, 2013 2:46 pm  #34

nicbooful wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

It looks to me that John is imagining Sherlock in that seat next to him and feeling so lonely that he isn't. Then Sherlock is imagining being back with John but he is behind the glass and it is his barrier.

Sherlock can see John but John cannot see Sherlock. For John, Sherlock is dead and there is no hope for anything else....cries uncontrollably....

On Sherlock's side of the glass there is a ghostly reflection of John, as though he carries him with him always but he is unable to reach out and make the image real. He must still talk to ghost John even if it is only in his head. Sherlock's path is transparent, to himself, but he longs to be on the other side of the glass wall which he has erected between them.

I feel the need to post this on Tumblr now!

Oh damn you having me crying with that description! 

November 6, 2013 3:08 pm  #35

Swanpride wrote:

I bet it is a dream sequence...or something equally symbolic.

November 6, 2013 6:11 pm  #36

-keeping mouth firmly shut-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 6, 2013 7:44 pm  #37

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

-keeping mouth firmly shut-

It's hard, for me at least XD

Last edited by sj4iy (November 6, 2013 7:44 pm)

November 6, 2013 11:32 pm  #38

I am a Spoiler Whore and I am burdened with great restraint right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 7, 2013 3:02 pm  #39

sj4iy wrote:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

November 7, 2013 4:00 pm  #40

Kind of looks like they've had some words and are now not speaking to each other - or at least John isn't.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera