BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2013 3:41 pm  #21

Re: World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

Kerkerian wrote:

If anyone is lucky enough to get tickets and happens to have a spare one- I'm prepared to beg!

According to Sherlockology, the tickets are sold out already. Is there anyone of us who got one at all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 6, 2013 3:44 pm  #22

Sold out? But on the original post it says that public tickets are released on the 12th...?

The tickets for BFI members were released today...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 6, 2013 3:46 pm  #23

Ah, right, I didn't look close enough. Sorry. Shouldn't post stuff after teaching 8 lessons in a row!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 6, 2013 3:48 pm  #24

But I bet those ones will still sell out before we can even blink...*sigh*

Even if it were possible for me to go, I've got no chance of getting tickets anyway. Got a training day for a job all day on the 12th

Last edited by kittykat (November 6, 2013 3:49 pm)

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 6, 2013 3:48 pm  #25

kittykat wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Let's look at this logically then. The show has always broadcast on a Sunday, to my knowledge (except for the repeats earlier this year). So..we have this premiere thing on the 15th Dec and the US air date is 19th January.

So then there are four possible remaining dates for it to broadcast in the UK on BBC1 - 

December 22nd
December 29th
January 5th
January 12th

It has to be one of those four! That's something to be happy about 

Why not include a possible air date "January 1st" for E1 as well? With E2 and E3 following on January 5th and 12th the complete series will have aired prior to the US airing of E1 on January 15th.

As I have clearly said, I'm pretty sure that the show always broadcasts on a Sunday. Even when Scandal was shown on New Year's Day 2012, that was still a Sunday.

Scroll down here to the Series overview section and check the UK dates againt your computer calendar. They were all Sundays. I've got evidence for my claim...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sherlock_episodes

Oh, I think we believe you without proof. 
But then January 1st may not be a Sunday, but a holiday at least. Everybody home.... (hopefully). One can dream right? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 6, 2013 3:50 pm  #26

Dreams are nice, sure. Unfortunately, they don't always come true. I dream that it'll broadcast this Sunday, but there you go! 

November 6, 2013 3:51 pm  #27

Mattlocked wrote:

One can dream right?  

Tonight I've dreamt that the air dates were revealed, and I was extremely happy with them. But I can't remember them.

November 6, 2013 4:01 pm  #28

I read that all tickets have already been sold. There will be no free sale from 12 November. This sounds not really nice. Allegedly only 104 out of 400 tickets were available at all, the rest has been reserved for press, cast, team, etc. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2013 4:03 pm  #29

This is what Sherlockology posted on facebook:

"Tickets for the Sherlock screening at BFI sold out with in minutes. Was anyone lucky enough to get any?

@BFI stated on twitter that the majority of tickets were available to BFI Members and that a number of tickets were allocated to event partners, without whom they wouldn’t be able to host these special events.

For those who signed up to membership specifically to try obtain tickets for this event you could try emailing membership@bfi.org.uk to see if you can get a refund."

November 6, 2013 4:11 pm  #30

Eh, nothing doing. Guess we'll just have to wait. Won't be much longer now anyway 

November 6, 2013 4:18 pm  #31

tonnaree wrote:

I would consider selling an organ for tickets to this and a flight across the pond.

Glad I'm not the only one. 

-------------------------------------------------------

November 6, 2013 5:57 pm  #32

​For those asking, the entire #Sherlock screening is sold out. No tickets will be available for scheduled public booking on November 12.

Taken from Sherkology's Twitter

November 6, 2013 5:59 pm  #33

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I would consider selling an organ for tickets to this and a flight across the pond.

I'm on the same boat as you.....I'm thinking about suing my parents for having me in France and not in London

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 6, 2013 6:09 pm  #34

Damn, I knew they'd sell out quickly but ehh...the BFI system seems slightly unfair to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 6, 2013 6:13 pm  #35

Titania wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I'm on the same boat as you.....I'm thinking about suing my parents for having me in France and not in London

Good luck with that 

November 6, 2013 7:32 pm  #36

I do hope we get an over Christmas airdate. That would be nice. I'm guessing its going to be very close to January 1st because that's when it was last time. And that was very nice. OTOH its going to have to be soon, regardless.

For me, actually, spoilers are quite helpful as I have two Sherlock Holmes mad kids. Not Sherlock mad, but Sherlock Holmes mad, in that they've read the books, and seen the early Jeremy Brett/Granada episodes. But they are really, at 8 and 10, too young for many of the Sherlock episodes IMO, so spoilers are quite helpful for me. OTOH I'm not that bothered by them. I mean, I've read the books, I know roughly what happens, spoilers don't stop me enjoying the show at all. I'm coming at this as a diehard Sherlock Holmes fan, and my test is how well the show stands up to the books (very well indeed IMO). I totally respect other people not wanting spoilers though and I'd never ruin it for anyone else. 

I have to say, I'd rather have a nice holiday airdate than asap. I do accept I might be entirely alone in this...

Last edited by beekeeper (November 6, 2013 7:34 pm)

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

November 7, 2013 8:27 am  #37

Ha, I'm not really surprised the tickets have already sold out. I expected something like this... and it's not really fair, but from the BFI's point of view it's a great event in terms of marketing and getting more publicity. I guess that's how it usually works with events like these... business partners are more important than fans. What can you do...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 7, 2013 10:41 am  #38

At least we all know now where Benedict, Martin and everyone else involved will be hanging around on that day. Do they have a stage door or just a front door at the BFI?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 8, 2013 4:48 am  #39

Well if none of us are the lucky ones in person,    is it true that the Q&A session may be
available online?     Although likely spoiler-ful,  that would be hard to stay away from!  

"But also of interest to fans will be the special Q&A with members of the cast and production team, which will be available to watch on the BFI's video player."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/how-watch-sherlock-series-3-2682669

November 8, 2013 7:48 am  #40

Schmiezi wrote:

This is what Sherlockology posted on facebook:

"Tickets for the Sherlock screening at BFI sold out with in minutes. Was anyone lucky enough to get any?

@BFI stated on twitter that the majority of tickets were available to BFI Members and that a number of tickets were allocated to event partners, without whom they wouldn’t be able to host these special events.

For those who signed up to membership specifically to try obtain tickets for this event you could try emailing membership@bfi.org.uk to see if you can get a refund."

It wasn't minutes, I don't think it was 90 seconds. Pity they didn't make it clear the number of tickets going on sale, if I had known I wouldn't have bothered.
I don't really think we are going to get a refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

Board footera