BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2013 12:15 pm  #1

World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

So, for the lucky Brits and all others who can afford the trip and snatch a ticket:

http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/66084418858/s3-bfi-premiere

I am not sure if I am happy with this procedure as it will be difficult to avoid major spoilers. How did ti go  last time with the advance screening of ASiB?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2013 12:30 pm  #2

Re: World Premiere of The Empty Hearse on 15 Dec.

To be honest, I'm trying hard not to be annoyed right now. It would be pretty nice if they'd at least announce the air date for the UK... like... today? Throwing us one little piece after another... it's not all that funny anymore.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 5, 2013 12:30 pm  #3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 5, 2013 12:31 pm  #4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 1:56 pm  #5

Well, with the date of this screening would it be safe to say that the UK television premiere woul be soon to follow?  Especially since the US air date is January 19th.  That's a fairly short window there for the BBC to show it first.

SHERLOCK IS COMING!!!!!
*bouncy bouncy*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 5, 2013 2:06 pm  #6

Official description of the episode:

"Just one more miracle, Sherlock. Stop being dead’. For Dr John Watson it might well be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’. Two years after the devastating events of ‘The Reichenbach Fall’, John appears to have got on with his life. New horizons and romance beckon. But, with London under threat of a devastating terrorist attack, Sherlock is about to take John at his word, staging his resurrection with all the theatricality that comes so naturally to him. If Sherlock thinks everything will be just as he left it, though, he's in for a very big surprise..."

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 5, 2013 4:01 pm  #7

Niiiiiiice.

November 5, 2013 4:04 pm  #8

December already??? Nope, I do not approve of this. All the spoilers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

November 5, 2013 4:07 pm  #9

SusiGo wrote:

I am not sure if I am happy with this procedure as it will be difficult to avoid major spoilers. How did it go  last time with the advance screening of ASiB?

Just reposting it because I also would like to know how you've dealt with spoilers after the preview last season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2013 4:17 pm  #10

As for me, I didn't notice any spoilers after the preview screening at the BFI back in December 2011 though I read the stuff on Twitter. There only were some mild spoilers concerning Irene's role. Some Johnlockers then were anxious about being Irene Sherlock's love interest and I read one tweet saying there wasn't any reason to worry about that. Let's hope people lucky enough to attend the screenings (there was a second one for HOUNDS in Cardiff after SCANDAL in the BFI) will maintain silence toward the rest of us.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 5, 2013 4:35 pm  #11

If anyone is lucky enough to get tickets and happens to have a spare one- I'm prepared to beg!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

November 5, 2013 5:39 pm  #12

I would consider selling an organ for tickets to this and a flight across the pond.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 5, 2013 5:47 pm  #13

Mind the gap! 
For those of us in the US this is pretty good news. If this theater premiere on December 15th is before the official UK air date, then the gap between the UK date and the US date is even slimmer.  I'm predicting December 22nd (hopefully) for the UK so perhaps only a 3 week gap between our countries now?  But I'm worried for all our Forum fans from round the world.  This is going to be so hard for them.  Somehow, "We're going to have to coordinate!"

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 5, 2013 7:33 pm  #14

This board wasn't up and running when they did the advance screening of Scandal so can't comment on how WE dealt with it...

Personally, I would very much like to avoid spoilers on the forum. I won't be going to see it because there's no way I could sit in a room full of other people to watch it for the first time. I need to be on my own. And as seeing as most of our members are spread out all over the world, I doubt any of them will see it either.

However, there probably WILL be spoilers posted on other parts of the internet and it's up to you whether you go and seek them out or not...to be honest, seeking them out is probably not the right term for it, you'll probably have to actively avoid them if you don't want to know.

Just...if anyone DOES get to find out any major spoilers, DON'T POST THEM HERE....

We could have a SUPER SPOILER THREAD...for people who do want to see them. That would be different from the ordinary Spoiler Thread.

November 6, 2013 12:47 am  #15

Odd mixture of feelings. Dunno... first I was excited as hell, then I got a bit angry, then it felt quite unreal... think I'm still trying to deal with the news ;) I wish I lived in London and could go to such brilliant events. I wished there was a general airdate no special event. But I'm happy happy happy because it's... it's SHERLOCK and it's SOON and it's REAL and and and.. ... Need my shock blanket. Need tea now.

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Just...if anyone DOES get to find out any major spoilers, DON'T POST THEM HERE....

Yes. No spoilers please

"It is what it is."

November 6, 2013 12:51 am  #16

*insert several expletives here*

Wanna see! 

I'm terrible at resisting spoilers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 6, 2013 12:54 am  #17

Let's look at this logically then. The show has always broadcast on a Sunday, to my knowledge (except for the repeats earlier this year). So..we have this premiere thing on the 15th Dec and the US air date is 19th January.

So then there are four possible remaining dates for it to broadcast in the UK on BBC1 - 

December 22nd
December 29th
January 5th
January 12th

It has to be one of those four! That's something to be happy about 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 6, 2013 1:47 am  #18

*cough* Australian release date *cough* *cough*

================================================================

November 6, 2013 6:48 am  #19

kittykat wrote:

Let's look at this logically then. The show has always broadcast on a Sunday, to my knowledge (except for the repeats earlier this year). So..we have this premiere thing on the 15th Dec and the US air date is 19th January.

So then there are four possible remaining dates for it to broadcast in the UK on BBC1 - 

December 22nd
December 29th
January 5th
January 12th

Why not include a possible air date "January 1st" for E1 as well? With E2 and E3 following on January 5th and 12th the complete series will have aired prior to the US airing of E1 on January 15th.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 6, 2013 2:39 pm  #20

tobeornot221b wrote:

kittykat wrote:

December 22nd
December 29th
January 5th
January 12th

Why not include a possible air date "January 1st" for E1 as well? With E2 and E3 following on January 5th and 12th the complete series will have aired prior to the US airing of E1 on January 15th.

As I have clearly said, I'm pretty sure that the show always broadcasts on a Sunday. Even when Scandal was shown on New Year's Day 2012, that was still a Sunday.

Scroll down here to the Series overview section and check the UK dates againt your computer calendar. They were all Sundays. I've got evidence for my claim...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sherlock_episodes

Last edited by kittykat (November 6, 2013 2:46 pm)

Board footera