BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2013 12:38 am  #1

First OFFICIAL Photo from Series 3

This was released by the BBC tonight as the FIRST OFFICIAL PHOTO from Series 3:

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

November 5, 2013 12:53 am  #2

Re: First OFFICIAL Photo from Series 3

Oooh, this is deep 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 5, 2013 2:12 am  #3

... I was surprised by its American atmosphere?

A certain picture comes to mind.. like, Hopper's Nighthawks..

.. or is there a British refernce in here I do miss?

November 5, 2013 2:46 am  #4

It's already been cut, recut, recoloured, edited and Johnlocked on Tumblr. Gotta love the fandom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 5, 2013 3:04 am  #5

Poor John...

November 5, 2013 5:41 am  #6

kittykat wrote:

Oooh, this is deep 

Wow…..  seriously.  And all the stories it suggests!  Does John know he's there?  Yes, and he left on a tense note?  Presumably after he's been back, as the mustache is gone?  What happened?   Those expressions!  Huh… and no scarf!  Man, can't wait….   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 5, 2013 5:49 am  #7

The atmosphere in that pic is killing me... It doesn't make the waiting any easier, but nevertheless... it's beautiful.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 5, 2013 5:53 am  #8

MoremoremoremoremoremoremoreMORE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2013 6:03 am  #9

SolarSystem wrote:

The atmosphere in that pic is killing me... It doesn't make the waiting any easier, but nevertheless... it's beautiful.

Sherlock looks positively dreamy, doesn't he? XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

November 5, 2013 6:10 am  #10

sj4iy wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Absolutely!
The whole composition of the scene is exquisite, and if it's really a scene that will end up in the show... well...so far we've never seen John going out to grab something to eat on his own, right? Sherlock has always been with him (although he never ate anything himself ), so this now... there's loneliness in both their faces.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 5, 2013 6:18 am  #11

SolarSystem wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Absolutely!
The whole composition of the scene is exquisite, and if it's really a scene that will end up in the show... well...so far we've never seen John going out to grab something to eat on his own, right? Sherlock has always been with him (although he never ate anything himself ), so this now... there's loneliness in both their faces.

Without giving anything away...it's definitely from the show.

November 5, 2013 6:22 am  #12

I assumed as much, there have been pics from the shooting all over the internet...

November 5, 2013 6:45 am  #13

Oh god, I love it! What a great and atmospheric shot! Can't wait for S3 to air - though we all will have to...
(And could Martin possibly look any more gorgeous?)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

November 5, 2013 7:10 am  #14

The first thing I saw this morning when switching on my phone ...  So beautiful.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2013 7:29 am  #15

SusiGo wrote:

The first thing I saw this morning when switching on my phone ...  So beautiful.

Same with me - I was still in bed and my sleepy head first couldn't make head or tail of it.
Yes - beautiful. But somehow it reminds me a little of wax figures. Has to be a promo shot, not a real scene. Anyway: New exciting material!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 5, 2013 8:46 am  #16

am loving John's jacket.

November 5, 2013 8:58 am  #17

The jacket is great. And as for the shot - I guess it is a promo taken from a real scene. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 5, 2013 9:03 am  #18

If that is a real scene I will squeak and cry....

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 5, 2013 9:04 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 5, 2013 10:00 am  #19

It is common for them to take photos like this while actors are filming, as promo shots

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

November 5, 2013 11:22 am  #20

*whispers* Pretty certain it's a real scene....*runs away*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera