BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 25, 2013 5:38 pm  #481

Re: Doctor Who

jenosborn wrote:

Since the theater is pretty close by for me,  I figured I'd go both days with 2 slightly different groups of fanatics.  Should be fun! 

I would if I had the ability!

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 25, 2013 8:09 pm  #482

Awesome!   Wasn't sure how 'widespread' this would be...  considering I'm trekking all the way up to Chicago to see Frankenstein, nice that the DW special is a little easier to get in theaters, considering the broad popularity and fanbase they know they would have coming... several places right in two major cities in our corner of Ohio.   Oh, goodie.  Hmm...  crazybbc... I know you live in one of those cities south of me... ;)   Can't remember if you're a fan, or planning on going?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 25, 2013 9:11 pm  #483

I spent the whole evening sending messages to people until I found someone to watch it with at the cinema. I'm excited! :D

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

October 30, 2013 5:56 pm  #484

News from the official Doctor Who site:

'The British Board of Film Classification has revealed one of the extras for the 50th anniversary special, The Day of the Doctor.

A piece of additional material is intriguingly titled The Last Day and it runs for exactly 3 minutes and 57 seconds. This could be the rumoured minisode.

A new trailer is also listed and this one comes in at 1 minute and 10 seconds long.

Additionally, the certification and length of the The Day of the Doctor has been outed. The special is classified ‘PG’ for containing “mild violence and threat.”

The length of the special itself varies from 76 minutes to 85 minutes. However, Doctor Who TV believes the additional ten minutes are accounted for due to the fact that some screenings will feature extra content. Therefore, the special is 76 minutes and 44 seconds long.

Last week’s cinema details noted that a 10 minute behind-the-scene featurette entitled Behind The Lens would directly follow the special screenings. Although it seemed to imply this was exclusive to US theatres (but also available online following the special).'

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 31, 2013 4:35 pm  #485

*squeeee!*

"His name is Joshua.  It's from the Bible.  It means deliverance."

"No it isn't."

*curious look*

"I speak Horse.  His name is Susan, and he'd like you to accept his life choices."

November 6, 2013 9:28 pm  #486

"TRAILER NEWS! The official trailer for 'The Day of the Doctor' will air at 8pm on BBC One this Saturday. Mark it in your diaries!"

F*** YES!!

November 6, 2013 9:34 pm  #487

Ooooh, the day of the doctor is being shown in 3d in a cinema like 5 minutes from my house; so excited!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

November 7, 2013 1:17 am  #488

And we have NEW PICTURES!  And these are absolutely worth waiting for:

November 7, 2013 6:58 pm  #489

sj4iy wrote:

Yay!   You can say that again.   *claps with a grin* 
Man, they both look so awesome… and this may sound silly, but… so very fiercely "Ten" and "Eleven"-ish, no?  Perfect expression. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

November 7, 2013 7:03 pm  #490

Russell wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Yay! You can say that again. *claps with a grin*
Man, they both look so awesome… and this may sound silly, but… so very fiercely "Ten" and "Eleven"-ish, no? Perfect expression.

Oh god, I squealed to see them.  I love the fierce expressions, the gravity of the situation.  I can't wait XD

November 8, 2013 3:50 pm  #491

New website:

http://www.doctorwhosavetheday.com

The fans can unlock clips by sharing the hashtag #SaveTheDay on various forms of social media.  The site aggregates all of the information over the web and constructs a constellation TARDIS.  After so many mentions (not sure what the precise numbers to hit are), the clips will unlock- all of them are ACTUAL footage from "Day of the Doctor".

I've actually seen two of the clips already...very exciting stuff!

Last edited by sj4iy (November 8, 2013 3:53 pm)

November 8, 2013 4:55 pm  #492

First clip from Day of the Doctor:

"But that's not possible!"

Last edited by sj4iy (November 8, 2013 8:53 pm)

November 9, 2013 11:47 am  #493

The official trailer for the 50th anniversary!!! :D

Yayayay!

Last edited by Deilenn (November 9, 2013 11:49 am)

The Road goes ever on and on...

November 9, 2013 2:09 pm  #494

Some of my favorite pics:

November 9, 2013 8:51 pm  #495

New extended trailer out today with more Tennant goodness!

Last edited by sj4iy (November 9, 2013 9:20 pm)

November 10, 2013 4:44 am  #496

Between all of the above posts, so so much alternate delighted grins, near-thuds, squees, etc….           Danke!!
The entire awesome past-plus-future/anniversary/big usual adventure-and-friends stuff aside, I kind of can't help but be a bit gleeful the most at the impending Ten-and-Eleven banter/meeting/joining forces/facing off bit the most, as evident from a few bits in the trailer…     Surely I'm not the only one.    Bit more puzzledly curious about Rose, though… every time we've seen, she seemed to be in a different area than them, or just pictured with Hurt.  Hmm.

November 14, 2013 12:40 pm  #497

O...M....G

Paul McGann is BACK!!!!! Brilliant, absolutely brilliant in every way! 

It's an amazing minisode about McGann's regeneration...I can't believe it, really.

Last edited by sj4iy (November 14, 2013 12:48 pm)

November 14, 2013 10:48 pm  #498

That was great!!!!
Cannot wait for The Day of the Doctor.

================================================================

November 15, 2013 6:45 am  #499

Did everyvosy enjoy Brian Cox's Science of Doctor Who?  I only saw the secomd half, but it was good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 15, 2013 11:30 am  #500

I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff

Board footera