BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2013 7:15 pm  #1

'Make Believe' on Kitty's wall

It's not easy to see, since it's the same colour, but here:

Perhaps a reference to the Moriarty/Richard Brook thing? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 9, 2013 8:50 pm  #2

Re: 'Make Believe' on Kitty's wall

NEVER noticed that!   *stops to ponder*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 9, 2013 8:53 pm  #3

Does make sense, with the Richard Brook thing

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 9, 2013 9:24 pm  #4

Woah.... I never noticed that (or had it pointed out to) either!  Cool!       

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2013 9:28 pm  #5

Yes, I've noticed this for a long time. "Make believe" seems to be Kitty's motto as a tabloid journalist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 10, 2013 5:05 pm  #6

The camera purposefully pauses on it for a brief moment in this shot:

Which makes me think there is more to the 'fairy tales' than we've gotten so far.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

August 10, 2013 6:21 pm  #7

This just confuses me more.  Very interesting though x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 10, 2013 8:02 pm  #8

Well spotted, Kittykat. 

She tried to make us believe in Richard Brook, but we still believe in Sherlock Holmes, don't we ?

Not a fan.

August 10, 2013 8:15 pm  #9

Yep, I noticed this one, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 10, 2013 8:26 pm  #10

Hm... interesting. Every time I watch Sherlock I just see more and more references!

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 12, 2013 3:49 pm  #11

It wasn't until today that I noticed that my bluray player apparently belongs to Kitty's company...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 12, 2013 4:08 pm  #12

tobeornot221b wrote:

It wasn't until today that I noticed that my bluray player apparently belongs to Kitty's company...

It's a conspiracy!

August 13, 2013 4:53 am  #13

Well, there's lots of make believe in that episode, just think about Sherlock faking suicide, that's also some kind of make believe, isn't it? And someone made John believe, if only for a little while, that Mrs. Hudson was badly injured to lure him away from Sherlock. And yeah, of course Jim... his Richard Brook, the story-teller... that's pure make believe, right?
Maybe it's just a little sign for us to tell us to look closer, to not believe everything we see.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 13, 2013 4:55 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 13, 2013 5:31 am  #14

No I think it's to indicate the fantasy Moriarty is weaving  about Sherlock to MAKE people BELIEVE it's all true and ultimately Sherlock will MAKE John BELIEVE he is dead...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 13, 2013 7:43 am  #15

SolarSystem wrote:

Well, there's lots of make believe in that episode, just think about Sherlock faking suicide, that's also some kind of make believe, isn't it? And someone made John believe, if only for a little while, that Mrs. Hudson was badly injured to lure him away from Sherlock. And yeah, of course Jim... his Richard Brook, the story-teller... that's pure make believe, right?
Maybe it's just a little sign for us to tell us to look closer, to not believe everything we see.

Exactly. IMO, the Make believe is Mofftiss' motto. Nothing is what it looks like. Be careful and don't believe anything. Comic books become reality (no connection to Moriarty) , fairy tales are told and played in "real life".
I'm the story-teller. Did I almost get you? Did you almost start to wonder if I was real? Mind games. That's what you do, you sell a big lie and wrap it up in a truth to make it more palatable. Playing with reality and fiction is a running theme.
Everything is a bit surreal in Sherlock, isn't it?

August 13, 2013 3:55 pm  #16

I find it gut wrenchingly real.

October 29, 2013 1:37 pm  #17

"What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence," returned my companion, bitterly. "The question is, what can you make people believe that you have done?"

-- Sherlock Holmes, A Study In Scarlet

October 29, 2013 5:18 pm  #18

Brilliant.

Board footera