BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 24, 2013 6:36 pm  #581

Re: Germany board meet up

To be clear: Of course I mean the cliffhanger of S3E3 prior to the hiatus to series four...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 24, 2013 7:16 pm  #582

I´m out of Germany until Jan. 4th. So I REALLY hope it will be aired later. Or in the beginning of december :-)
But if I´m here, I would move heaven and hell for that :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

October 25, 2013 6:32 am  #583

Oh, I just realized I had a completely wrong idea about where Ratingen is ...

I won't be able to afford three times in a hotel (with all the baby stuff we will need to buy next year), but watching the S3E3 together witt you all sounds great. Let's just hope it will not be aired on Sunday night, because I surely have to go to work on Monday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 1, 2013 8:21 pm  #584

SherlockianDE wrote:

The whole January might be a bit much... just maybe. I'm not absolutely sure

But what about just the weekend of the first episode (presuming they do indeed air it on a weekend)? The more I think about this meeting-up idea, the more I like it

tobeornot221b wrote:

What about the weekend of the THIRD episode? Going by my Reichenbach experience, I might find it extremely hard to watch that series four cliffhanger episode all on my own...

Understandable ;) But are we still talking about BBC/ the UK airdates? Because if we're just going to watch the THIRD episode... that would be quite a tease, I couldn't do that :D That's a cliffhanger backwards if you know what I mean - having to guess the in-between :D (at least it would be for me because I don't know how and where to watch BBC on my own here and I definitely wouldn't have yet watched the other 2 episodes then)

So I would also vote for the first episode - if we have to choose only one occasion ;o)
I really do count on the first two weeks in January now. We know it's not going to be much later... and everybody is busy on Christmas days, and december is also quite a busy month, so beginning of January would be great... Oh damn I'm getting more and more excited by the minute, and the closer we get to the airing, the more I am afraid of the time after ep 3... so okay, maybe to have company for the 3rd ep. is indeed desirable... reconsidering now... :D

do you think german air dates will be much delayed? I would be so glad if they were close to the uk ones, I'd rather watch them first before buying my dvd :D

"It is what it is."

November 29, 2013 11:15 am  #585

Well then... are we going to book us a hotel where we can watch the last episode on January 12?

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 29, 2013 11:17 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 29, 2013 11:19 am  #586

Is there a tiny little chance that the ARD will air it on 1.1.14, too, or at least in the near future?

November 29, 2013 11:21 am  #587

I have no idea. Last time it took them five months. But I will keep my eyes open. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2013 11:22 am  #588

SolarSystem wrote:

Well then... are we going to book us a hotel where we can watch the last episode on January 12?

If that is not too far away... I would be interested...

Last edited by gently69 (November 29, 2013 11:24 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 29, 2013 11:36 am  #589

Be wrote:

Is there a tiny little chance that the ARD will air it on 1.1.14, too, or at least in the near future?

I'd say we can be sure that they won't air it in January. They'll have to do the dubbing first, so I can't imagine they'd be able to do it this fast...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 29, 2013 12:21 pm  #590

They'll air series 3 in the 2nd quater of the year:
http://www.wunschliste.de/tvnews/m/ard-serienhighlights-2014-mit-mord-mit-aussicht-und-sherlock

Series 2 was aired at Pentecost, if I remember correctly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

November 29, 2013 12:32 pm  #591

Yes, that's correct. Thanks for the update.  But it is a bit sad that there will not be half the madness then. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2013 5:14 pm  #592

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

If that is not too far away... I would be interested...

I'm certainly still interested, too

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 29, 2013 5:24 pm  #593

I already told my boss today that I have to have January 13th off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 29, 2013 6:05 pm  #594

I was already wondering what to tell my boss why I need that day off... "I'm meeting a couple of strangers from the internet in a hotel to watch an episode of a British TV show!"

Erm, maybe I'll just say I need the day off, period

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 29, 2013 7:09 pm  #595

My boss is a woman who travels to Berlin to see Brad Pitt on the Red Carpet, so... I'm sure she'd understand what I'm going through...
Okay, so... is this hotel idea still ongoing? Because if so... we'd have to find a hotel which receives BBC One and then we have to make sure we'll get enough rooms...

November 29, 2013 8:32 pm  #596

Jan. 12th would be o.k., I think. Will bring tissues. Lots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

November 30, 2013 8:20 am  #597

SolarSystem wrote:

Okay, so... is this hotel idea still ongoing? Because if so... we'd have to find a hotel which receives BBC One and then we have to make sure we'll get enough rooms...

Well, unless someone receives BBC1 on their TV and would be willing to host a few people, I think we need to go to a hotel...

There's the hotel in Ratingen which Sava mentioned. Does anyone else know a hotel with BBC1, preferably roughly in the center of Germany (so that everybody would have an acceptable travel time)?

Last edited by SherlockianDE (November 30, 2013 8:26 am)

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

November 30, 2013 1:19 pm  #598

I can't possibly tell you how much I'd love to meet you guys and watch the last episode of Sherlock with its announced monster-cliffhanger. Unfortunately I can't see this happen since I'm still going to school and such...  

edit: but hey, anything is possible. I'll see.

Last edited by Mary Me (November 30, 2013 1:21 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

December 1, 2013 8:23 am  #599

I love the idea of meeting for that episode very, very much. Unfortunately, I can not simply call a day off at work. Should you meet somehere relatively near where I live, I would love do drop by and leave again after watching it, but otherwise I'm afraid I won't be able to join you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

December 1, 2013 11:38 am  #600

Is anyone going on the 1.1.?
Though I would love to go on the 12. and meet you all.

Board footera